Crank spacer issue?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/19/2013 8:21 AM

The other night I took my cranks off to regrease them and the bb. When everything was back on I picked up my bike to move it and I noticed a spacer on the floor. Is missing 1 spacer really that huge of a problem or will it be ok?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

11/19/2013 8:50 AM

check the distance between the frame and each crank, if there is a big difference (more than 2mm), you should put the spacer back

|

11/19/2013 10:18 AM

Aslong as your cranks don't hit your CS (I always squeeze my cranks and CS together to see if theyre loose or if they'll hit while flexing) and your chain alignment is still dead on, than it shouldn't make a difference. Also make sure you can still tighten your cranks without the head of the bolt touching your spindle (your cranks will wobble even though the bolts are tightened down)

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

11/19/2013 6:49 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Aslong as your cranks don't hit your CS (I always squeeze my cranks and CS together to see if theyre loose or if they'll hit while flexing) and your chain alignment is still dead on, than it shouldn't make a difference. Also make sure you can still tighten your cranks without the head of the bolt touching your spindle (your cranks will wobble even though the bolts are tightened down)

this one, if everythigns all lined up and not hitting still you should be good

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "