Crank wobble

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2014 9:42 AM

So yesterday while I was riding I checked my cranks (don't remember why) and they wobbled a bit from side to side. Not too much, it was barely visible. So what I'm thinking is that either something isn't tightened down enough or I need a spacer...the first time I took apart my cranks I out everything back together and realized I forgot a spacer haha. I've rode it like theta for a few months without any major problems.

They're the Profile GDH cranks, so is this the dreaded "profile wobble" I've heard about?

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

3/17/2014 9:52 AM

You probably just need another small spacer

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/17/2014 10:35 AM

Side to side is usually an easy fix with another spacer, up down play is what I consider profile wobble as that is the splines wearing down. A temporary fix for this is wrapping the splines in tin foil to make up lost space. Good luck dude.

|

3/17/2014 10:51 AM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

This or to tighten your spindle bolts.

And the "profile wobble" is usually tied to hubs, oddly I never had it with the 3 diff profile hubs I have had over the years.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/17/2014 11:04 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

Side to side is usually an easy fix with another spacer, up down play is what I consider profile wobble as that is the splines ...more

Could also be a bad bearing.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/17/2014 12:09 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This or to tighten your spindle bolts.

And the "profile wobble" is usually tied to hubs, oddly I never had it with the 3 diff ...more

that

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/17/2014 12:12 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Could also be a bad bearing.

This aswell, always run the correct tube spacer to get a decent life from your bearings.

|

3/18/2014 4:49 AM

I've got the right sized bb spacer if that's what you mean. Seems like another spacer is all I need. Thanks guys!

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim