Crankflip help?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/12/2013 2:52 PM

I'm trying to learn crankflips and they just aren't working out. My back foot is awkward and I don't know what to do with it.

Any tips on getting them around?

|

6/12/2013 3:12 PM

Loosen up your chain, kick hard and jump and catch.

|

6/12/2013 3:50 PM

Practice some hop no footers first then try the crank flips without hoping, I always flicked them with my front foot, once you get comfortable you get them in no time

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/12/2013 8:03 PM

I've been obsessed with them lately. If you do them right they look so steezy! I just saw a guy do a crankflip no-footed can in an irrigation canal thing in a cinema video. So sick

|

6/12/2013 8:07 PM

KaneF15 wrote:

Loosen up your chain, kick hard and jump and catch.

Yup pretty much that simple.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/12/2013 8:21 PM

The way I do them is I hop, keep my front end a little higher than my back end, and kick back with my front foot.

It helps a lottt when learning them to loosen your chain a little, make sure your driver isn't tight as fuck, and also make sure your BB is good so it spins nicely. When I learned them, I did that and also found cupping the ball in your foot (the thing right before your big toe) on the tip of your pedal, that'll help kick it better.

Do them ALL the time once you get them, it'll help you dial them in. I did them all the time when I first learned them; Riding to a spot, crankflip. Hop up a curb, add a crankflip. Down a curb, crankflip. I have them dialed and they're one of my most comfortable tricks. Such a good feeling when you catch them in midair.

|