Crankflips

Related:
Create New Tag

5/18/2014 8:30 PM

I never got these dialed. I mean, I have my fair share of doing them on and off, just like my footjam whips. One thing that affects me is that whenever I tune my bike up and I put my bike together the slightest bit off and my chain is a bit tighter or looser, it just throws me off and I never get the same feeling again. I know you just gotta adapt, but it ticks me off how my cranks spin way too fast. Maybe a teeny bit slower would be okay but cranks that spin too fast are just a no for me.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

5/19/2014 8:48 PM

No one has any experience with this? Cmon, guys..... No one on here does crankflips much besides Sunday?

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

5/19/2014 9:50 PM

All I see when I hear crankflips is shinners. I like my chaintight too , shit shouldn't be like a prostitutes vagina slapping that chainstay , keep that shit tight !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/19/2014 10:18 PM

Well it was a statement haha what exactly are you asking? How tight you should run your chain?

I ran mine pretty loose when I was first learning them, loose enough that it occasionally chinked my chainstay landing from something big, but not so loose than it could be pulled off the sprocket. Before that I ran my chain pretty tight.

Nowadays I still run my chain fairly loose, but definitely tighter than it used to be. I like it being slightly loose so that I know it'll spin around freely. Too loose that it spins really fast doesn't bother me honestly. My foot catches it in the air when it comes back around like that's its job haha

|

5/19/2014 10:37 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Well it was a statement haha what exactly are you asking? How tight you should run your chain?

I ran mine pretty loose when I ...more

That's my problem. Right after I kick it, my feet are totally like whatever and it's by luck sometimes. Of course, your front foot goes on first so I tried to spot it today and it kinda helped, but it's not much.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

5/19/2014 10:38 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

All I see when I hear crankflips is shinners. I like my chaintight too , shit shouldn't be like a prostitutes vagina slapping ...more

I mean, with loose cranks, I have more of a tendency to accidentally kick it too hard or whatever. I can never just tap the cranks and follow through with the whole thing looking clean and legit.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

5/19/2014 10:51 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

That's my problem. Right after I kick it, my feet are totally like whatever and it's by luck sometimes. Of course, your front ...more

Try doing them without hopping first, just kick the cranks & figure out how to catch them. I don't remember how I learned that, guess it just kinda came with doing them so much. Just try them without bunnyhopping to figure them out first.

Them to dial them in, do them EVERYWHERE. And I mean everywhere, when I was learning them they were such a fun trick so I dialed them in pretty quick by doing them wherever I was & on the way there.. Up curbs, down curbs, randomly on flat.

|