Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

3/25/2012 3:22 AM

I have a MirraCo blend. For awhile now it has been making like a big click noise like every hour or so. I'll just be riding along and it will click. feels like it is clicking back into place or something. What's wrong with it? Also they seem to creek sometimes.
Thanks

|

3/25/2012 8:00 AM

creeking could be the bearings which isnt a big deal. the pop could be a chain link slowly working its pin out, or a bent spot in the sprocket.

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

3/26/2012 12:49 AM

Ok thanks. The pop only really happends every hour or so and it sorta clicks forward.

|

3/26/2012 1:24 AM

the chain probably needs to be aligned. on the sprocket boss make sure it's touching the sprocket but not holding it, and look from your back wheel at the chain's path to the sprocket and add a spacer or take one off if you can, but make sure when you rotate the cranks they have an equal amount of spacing on the chainstays. That's about all i can tell you right now

|

I put my spoke in her while I twisted her nipple.

3/26/2012 1:30 AM

Ok thanks. I get a free bike check up at the bike shop so Ill ask them to check that stuff.

|

3/26/2012 3:14 AM

The clunk with the cranks shifting forwards could be your hub skipping too it usually seems like its from the cranks

|