Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

2/25/2015 4:17 AM

Which ones do you guys reccomend and why? I am thinking about profile spline drive cranks.

|

2/25/2015 4:54 AM

Odyssey Thunderbolts - do not wobble like splined cranks and a great lifetime warranty.

|

2/25/2015 5:19 AM

I'm running the shadow noctics cranks and I love them because they feel like updated powerbites. If you want spline drive cranks you should look into odyssey and eclat or any cranks which have a 48 spline spindle. I've heard only good things about the fit 24 indent, eclat tibias, and odyssey thunderbolts.

|

2/25/2015 6:36 AM

I am running profile columns. Burly as heck.

|

(insert sig here)

2/25/2015 6:38 AM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

I'm running the shadow noctics cranks and I love them because they feel like updated powerbites. If you want spline drive ...more

Thunderbolts aren't splined....

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/25/2015 7:19 AM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

I'm running the shadow noctics cranks and I love them because they feel like updated powerbites. If you want spline drive ...more

tomdon wrote:

I thought they were.

|

2/25/2015 7:36 AM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

tomdon wrote:

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

I thought they were.

Nope. Hexagonal with a wedge

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

2/25/2015 7:45 AM

Subrosa Bitchin, Shadow Killer, Stolen Team......

|

Everyday is a gift!

BMX PATRIOT

BMX Donation Program
NORTHEAST CHAPTER of the MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM IS IN NEED OF YOUR USED BMX BIKES and PARTS.
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

2/25/2015 8:12 AM

My bsd cranks are still going strong, not heard anythin bad about them either

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/25/2015 8:38 AM

fit indents mmmm

|

2/25/2015 8:48 AM

I'm a gear/parts whore. Currently I have:
United Supremes
Eclat Tibia
Thunderbolts
Subrosa Bitchin
Shadow Killer
Primo Hollowbites
Stolen Team 22
Fit Indents 19 and 22
Redline 401 reissues
Animal Akimbo (my favorite)
Haro Lineage (good luck getting your sprocket on - the spindle sucks)
Sunday Saker (best $60 you can spend)
Premium 48 spline
Bone Deth Penetrators

These are all good.
A great bottom bracket, KMC 510xl chain and a perfect chainline is more important to me than the cranks, although if I could only pick one from above, it would most likely be the Akimbos or the Indents 22.

|

Everyday is a gift!

BMX PATRIOT

BMX Donation Program
NORTHEAST CHAPTER of the MIDWEST BMX DONATION PROGRAM IS IN NEED OF YOUR USED BMX BIKES and PARTS.
VISIT US ON FACEBOOK!!!

2/25/2015 9:50 AM

I've got 12 year old profile cranks and they're solid as fuck , on my other bike I've got fit indent 24 cranks wich are also solid as fuck

|

2/25/2015 11:06 AM

Thunderbolts.

Stong, light-ish and really easy to work on. They come on and off really easily.

The only knock on them I have is the 15/16s sprocket boss limits your sprocket selection a little. If you want RHD, sprocket drive is also an option.

The only reason I could see to get something else is if you want spline drive to sort out chain alignment issues.

|

2/25/2015 11:42 AM

tomdon wrote:

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

I thought they were.

tomdon wrote:

They are socket drive technical spline drive.

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

2/25/2015 12:44 PM

Ahh skeet skeet wrote:

I thought they were.

tomdon wrote:

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

No they're not. Thunderbolts use a hexagonal wedge. Socket Drive Thunderbolts use Socket Drive for the sprocket interface, which is in no way "technically spline drive," it's far superior.

|

2/25/2015 1:52 PM

tomdon wrote:

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

No they're not. Thunderbolts use a hexagonal wedge. Socket Drive Thunderbolts use Socket Drive for the sprocket interface, ...more

Yea everything that odyssey makes is far superior.

|

Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it. (Ecclesiastes 12:7 KJV)
Sold to: storeboughtchild,Maximusbikes,cro tec,Showtime402,Kevinbrock338,dktechethan,Robinson79
Traded: livefreeordie2332(x2), Aebasher.
TXT Me (480)340-7551

2/25/2015 2:05 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

Pretty much yeah.

|

2/25/2015 2:21 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

No they're not. Thunderbolts use a hexagonal wedge. Socket Drive Thunderbolts use Socket Drive for the sprocket interface, ...more

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

I wouldnt say " everything"

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/25/2015 3:07 PM

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

No, but the Thunderbolts are.

|

2/25/2015 3:52 PM

I'd trust primo powebites over thunderbolts any day

|

2/25/2015 4:23 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I'd trust primo powebites over thunderbolts any day

That's cra-cra

|

2/25/2015 8:52 PM

I got rid of my primos for crank grinds. I trust my Thunderbolts just as much.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/26/2015 5:04 AM

Eclat Tibias or Bone Deth Penetrators

|

2/26/2015 7:46 AM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Mario.villegas90 wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Pretty much yeah.

I haven't owned a single BAD Odyssey Product, or even heard of. I even ran Their Quadrant rim for a LONG time. Like 2 years of some seriously hard riding. I finally finished it off on a roof drop though. It busted the sidewall. But really, it still worked and kept going. I had to retire it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

2/26/2015 10:26 AM

thats what im ridin. i havent had any issues with them yet. though i dont ride much or hard anymore.

rode em good for a minute though

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "