Cranks

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2017 8:46 PM

Looking to upgrade from the Sunday saker cranks to some odyssey thunderbolt cranks. Is it worth the upgrade and will I be able to tell the difference? I ride almost only street btw. Thanks

|

2/8/2017 8:56 PM

Very worth it, and unlike 48 spline cranks they won't potentially develop a wobble overtime like 48 spline cranks can. Plus lifetime warranty. Keep in mind though you'll also need a new BB, just make sure it's the same size to fit your frame (Mid, Spanish, etc), since your current cranks use a 19mm spindle, and the Thunderbolts use a 22mm spindle

|

2/8/2017 8:57 PM

Alright thanks.

|

2/8/2017 11:22 PM

Saker cranks are 8 spline. You'll definitely notice a difference. The thunderbolts will have less flex and probably weigh a noticeable amount less. Plus they've got neater edges (no pinch bolts) so they'll be kinder to your ankles. Once you know how to install them properly they're easy and solid. Just make sure you install them properly

|

2/9/2017 6:27 AM

Thunderbolts are dialed. I rode mine for 3 years before I sold them

|

Dax in NYC
MD & Flatland rider

2/9/2017 9:37 AM

They're great cranks I've ridden mine fur 3 years now and they were used before

|

2/9/2017 2:00 PM

Get Powerbites...

Loljk I've heard theyre really nice and I believe they're quality. I seem to remember in a recent thread about them that they lack some adjustability? Not sure. Look around but they are good cranks.

|

2/9/2017 2:46 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

Get Powerbites...

Loljk I've heard theyre really nice and I believe they're quality. I seem to remember in a recent thread ...more

lack adjustability? lolwut. Are there people out there who want their splines off or something?

|

2/9/2017 3:54 PM

Definitely get the Thunderbolts. Sunday convinced me to, and I'm glad I went with them.

|

“Pegless and coaster is ultimate zen”
-Indiana Tom