Cranks Making Horrible Noises!!

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2018 11:41 AM

Hi, so when it comes to my bike I’m a bit obsessed about rattles and knocks on my bike I want to be able to pick it up drop it and it be dead. No rattle. I’ve literally just had a custom bike built. I have pretty much everything federal I love it it’s been mint, so far... I ride it everyday without fail and the cranks have started to make creaking and cracking noises. It can’t be the bottom bracket I’ve literally just put a brand new one in. I have been on bmx track in my local town making some grit has gotten in and that’s whats making the grinding type noise. My bars are also making like a clunking noise there not moving but like there’s a weird clunk noise. I have moved the position of my bars a few to many times maybe There not gripping properly ? Or is it my headset ?? Whatever it is it’s doing my head in because I’m OCD about noises on my bike.
Thanks in advance

|

5/23/2018 11:49 AM

Grease?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

5/23/2018 11:58 AM

HarrySpikeMunro wrote:

Hi, so when it comes to my bike I’m a bit obsessed about rattles and knocks on my bike I want to be able to pick it up drop it and it be dead. No rattle. I’ve literally just had a custom bike built. I have pretty much everything federal I love it it’s been mint, so far... I ride it everyday without fail and the cranks have started to make creaking and cracking noises. It can’t be the bottom bracket I’ve literally just put a brand new one in. I have been on bmx track in my local town making some grit has gotten in and that’s whats making the grinding type noise. My bars are also making like a clunking noise there not moving but like there’s a weird clunk noise. I have moved the position of my bars a few to many times maybe There not gripping properly ? Or is it my headset ?? Whatever it is it’s doing my head in because I’m OCD about noises on my bike.
Thanks in advance

Can you make a video showcasing the problems?

|

5/23/2018 12:17 PM

Strip your cranks/bb, and headset, apply grease in the relevant places. Reassemble, and tighten everything.

|

5/23/2018 12:58 PM

^ That.

|

5/23/2018 1:35 PM

dead goon wrote:

^ That.

^ This.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/23/2018 1:36 PM

dead goon wrote:

^ That.

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

^ This.

^ What he said

|

Hmmm

5/23/2018 1:58 PM

dead goon wrote:

^ That.

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

^ This.

Edman123 wrote:

^ What he said

^ this . What he said

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/23/2018 2:00 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Strip your cranks/bb, and headset, apply grease in the relevant places. Reassemble, and tighten everything.

Yep, this.

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/23/2018 2:38 PM

wear headphones and listen to music instead of your bike

|

It’s all bmx

5/23/2018 3:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2018 3:49 PM

Sounds like your bike has mustard custard; you can sometimes find the same gunk on your lady's bum. Normally you lick if off, but for a bike you should get a bristle brush to scrap it off and then wipe it with a dry cloth, then re-lube.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

5/23/2018 4:32 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

Sounds like your bike has mustard custard; you can sometimes find the same gunk on your lady's bum. Normally you lick if off, but for a bike you should get a bristle brush to scrap it off and then wipe it with a dry cloth, then re-lube.

^^^this^^^

|

5/23/2018 6:08 PM

Buzzbegone wrote:

I’d trust this guy. Just look at his name!

If you want a buzz gone...look no further.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

5/24/2018 1:34 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I’d trust this guy. Just look at his name!

If you want a buzz gone...look no further.

Photo
|

5/24/2018 5:04 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

^ This.

Edman123 wrote:

^ What he said

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

^ this . What he said

^Always.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.