Cranks: Profile or Eclat

Related:
Create New Tag

4/16/2011 8:09 AM

I was wondering i just snapped my cranks and i need new ones. Cant decide between Eclat Tibia's or Profiles... Anyone have any opinions?

|

4/16/2011 8:09 AM

Here are the old cranks
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

4/16/2011 8:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2011 9:21 AM

Tibias, I run them, and i've never had a problem with them, profiles are also race cranks, so they're not made to take as much abuse as Tibias, which were designed for heavy street. I've owned both.

|

"The more I learn, the more I realize how dumb I am." -JustRideBMX

4/16/2011 8:20 AM

profiles,mines ge here today

|

FREE WI-FI FROM FIT?!?! BIKECHECK DUDES!
refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

4/16/2011 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2011 8:35 AM

I love my prfiles, I recommend them.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/16/2011 8:40 AM

Profiles
had mine over a year and no problems
Also have an awesome warrenty.

Eclat only has a 60 day warrenty or something

|

MOTW 10/18/10 - 10/24/10
MOTM- April 2011
youtube channel: *SUBSCRIBE PLEASE* http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEod1214?feature=mhum
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER @eoin_666

4/16/2011 8:59 AM

eod1214 wrote:

Profiles
had mine over a year and no problems
Also have an awesome warrenty.

Eclat only has a 60 day warrenty or something

yea,and profile has lifetime warranty smile ,what if those tibias break in 63 days huh,lol

|

refs- TCbmx(x2), bmx4life121303, mohawk, iridebmx2122, louie101202, loco_for_riding, daniel21, BMX2LIV(x2), supremelylazzy, lirider187(x2).

4/16/2011 9:07 AM

Yeah im probably gunna go with the Profiles since i can get them at my LBS

|

4/16/2011 9:11 AM

eclats.

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

4/16/2011 9:13 AM

eclats!

|

i cracked my b-rad therefor i am a cool kitty cat!
facebook

my baby deliyla

4/16/2011 9:49 AM

eclat.

|

4/16/2011 9:58 AM

Eclats, owned two sets of profiles....one broke and the others bent. Their warranty department is descent though.

|

4/16/2011 10:02 AM

get twombolts or tibias.

|

Refs: TCbmx, AO8, DannyP, Ron44ald, BEASTASSDICKwink

Bike check!!

4/16/2011 10:09 AM

eclat. profiles bend, i weigh 140 lbs and mine are bowed in. hhaa but honestly i'd go with premium 1948's or shadow torrids or the new demo revolts!!!

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

4/16/2011 10:11 AM

Twombolts

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/16/2011 1:33 PM

just ayin,if u ge tibias and 65 days after u get them,and u break,bend or crack them,u wont be able to get new ones,but u get profiles,and u bend them on the 100th day,u can warranty them.

|

4/16/2011 1:37 PM

HAROF2 wrote:

just ayin,if u ge tibias and 65 days after u get them,and u break,bend or crack them,u wont be able to get new ones,but u get profiles,and u bend them on the 100th day,u can warranty them.

But it is unlikely that they break... and yeah sure you can warranty profiles when they break, but you can't warranty a broken ankle or shattered heel.. I would rather run something that is less likely to break tbh.

|

4/16/2011 1:40 PM

they're both good! god damn, they're profile BMX CRANKS. not fucking racing. sooo tired of hearing that. i've had both. i've had my profiles for like 4 months now. i love them. i had tibias too. the only think i can say is profiles aren't good if you have wide feet. i rub on the arms alot. so, i guess i'd go with tibias. but if you ride hard. profiles, because..you can warrenty them just from a crack. and most likely if your tibias cracked you'd ride them still. and that won't ever end good, hospital bill will be enough for another pair of cranks haha.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

4/16/2011 2:00 PM

look into colony!!!smile

|

no brakes no brains no problem

4/16/2011 2:04 PM

I have an awesome pair of bent profiles and i dont know where the warrenty card is so im stuck with em! its so awesome!
id go with tibias.

|

4/16/2011 2:14 PM

Spenlard wrote:

they're both good! god damn, they're profile BMX CRANKS. not fucking racing. sooo tired of hearing that. i've had both. i've had my profiles for like 4 months now. i love them. i had tibias too. the only think i can say is profiles aren't good if you have wide feet. i rub on the arms alot. so, i guess i'd go with tibias. but if you ride hard. profiles, because..you can warrenty them just from a crack. and most likely if your tibias cracked you'd ride them still. and that won't ever end good, hospital bill will be enough for another pair of cranks haha.

But Profile is a racing company

http://www.profileracing.com/products_bmxhubs.php

Hence the website title "Profile Racing"

|

4/16/2011 2:14 PM

TR0Y SHR3DS wrote:

I have an awesome pair of bent profiles and i dont know where the warrenty card is so im stuck with em! its so awesome!
id go with tibias.

call em,did u send in theother peice of paper that ur suposd to send in within 10days,if so,i ont think it will be a problem,call them and see.cuz u might not ned it either.

|

4/16/2011 2:15 PM

Nicry wrote:

Here are the old cranks
[LINK TO IMAGE]

haha what the fuuuck, howd u do that?

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

4/16/2011 2:18 PM

Spenlard wrote:

B.M.X wrote:

profile started out as a racing company manufactoring car parts,then they got into bmx racing,then they staretd making things for fixies and bmx.do u think a race only company would have a bmx team? no.theyre cranks are profile bmx cranks,both good for racing and bmx,right now what u posted is real dmb for asking that i think.u know they manufactor (BMX) goods so why ask.

|

4/16/2011 3:45 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2011 3:46 PM

Spenlard wrote:

B.M.X wrote:

HAROF2 wrote:

profile started out as a racing company manufactoring car parts,then they got into bmx racing,then they staretd making things for fixies and bmx.do u think a race only company would have a bmx team? no.theyre cranks are profile bmx cranks,both good for racing and bmx,right now what u posted is real dmb for asking that i think.u know they manufactor (BMX) goods so why ask.

I didn't understand anything within the last part of your post, and you call me dumb. I'm not denying Profile has strong parts, i'm just saying that they're made for BMX racing, because Profile Racing is a BMX racing company, that's why cranks made for heavy street, ie. the Tibias, would hold up better.

|

4/16/2011 3:52 PM

eclat, eclat, eclat!

|

4/16/2011 4:00 PM

Nicry wrote:

Here are the old cranks
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Verde. wrote:

haha what the fuuuck, howd u do that?

I was just doin a 180 on a box The cranks snapped and the sprocket snapped where the crank is screwed in

|

4/16/2011 4:03 PM

youd win either way with either of those cranks, im a profile guy, but the eclats are definately proven.

|

4/16/2011 6:56 PM

tibias or the new stolens, i know a guy who was taking profiles off his bike and bent them ...

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

4/17/2011 6:53 AM

mccarthy04 wrote:

tibias or the new stolens, i know a guy who was taking profiles off his bike and bent them ...

no way Get profile's american made and the best warrenty known to bmx also they look the best FORSUREsideways

|

Las Vegas...All Hustle No Love...