Cranks/bottom bracket popping when I stop pedaling

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2020 10:33 AM

Basically I’ve tried everything from lubing my chain, taking off my cranks and greasing the spindle and bottom bracket to even loosening and retightening my sprocket. Idk what’s up with it because originally I thought it was my cranks that we’re loose but they aren’t cuz I tightened everything down properly. My bottom bracket is only a couple months old so I wouldn’t think I need to replace it. Anyone know what’s going on (I have odyssey calibur 2s with an odyssey bb if that helps)

|

smile

6/3/2020 11:16 AM

Sounds like a rear hub issue, maybe? Have you checked it out?

When I had noises with the drivetrain, my hub bearings were busted after checking everything else.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

6/3/2020 12:11 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Sounds like a rear hub issue, maybe? Have you checked it out?

When I had noises with the drivetrain, my hub bearings were busted after checking everything else.

I hope it’s not because I bought put a new wheel 2 weeks ago. Should I try truing it because some spokes are loose

|

smile

6/4/2020 1:52 AM

I'm borrowing your thread since I have the same problem, hope you don't mind!
I experience the same thing on my bike and I noticed the rear hub sounding different lately. Not sounding weird or broken but more quiet than before. It's and Odyssey Antigram hub, one year old.
It still engage normally and so on.

Did anyone else have problem with this and even know how to fix it?

|

6/4/2020 3:09 AM

What’s your chain-line like, SpaghettiGuy?

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

6/4/2020 8:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:29 PM

Spongeworthy wrote:

What’s your chain-line like, SpaghettiGuy?

It’s almost perfectly straight right now but I’ll try removing 1 spacer to see if it’ll stop making that clunk noise

|

smile