Cranks help?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2013 4:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/16/2013 4:18 PM

I have profile GDH cranks rhd... I'm switching to LHD but i don't have the money to buy new cranks.
Can i put a spline drive sprocket on the left crank?

|

Ref(s) isnowyaznV2, Showtime402, jared42069
Traded Ref(s) Funfrontbrake

9/17/2013 9:40 AM

no your pedals will still be on the opposite side and i believe most cranks arms have a slight directional bend to them so they will feel awkward..if you're interested i have a set of fsa lhd/rhd cranks

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

9/17/2013 10:07 AM

Lol. I run a spline drive left hand on my RHD only GDHs. Never had a problem.
And as for what dmx said, how would it make it feel weird? Either way the crank is angled (if they actually are angled) whether there's a sprocket or not. And your pedals wouldn't be backwards either? What you said is full blown retarded.

Also, you can buy a LHD crank arm for like $75ish?I would just go with SD. I rerecommend Tree OG/Lite or Profile SD

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/17/2013 10:25 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

And as for what dmx said, how would it make it ...more

you're an idiot! please refrain from calling people names that clearly reflect your level of intellect..there is a reason your pedals are labeled left and right and the left comes reverse threaded so in fact they would be backwards, as for the angle of the arms i said i wan't sure

|

Refs

trades: Phocraken (beats for volume frame), The_bmxist (profiles for hollowbites), livefreeordie233 x2 (hollowbites for sd frame then noctis cranks for fit indents), Zachary_ (freecoaster for federal frame), Rascio (sold piv. seat), MaximusBikes (sold s3.5 frame)

9/17/2013 10:27 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

dmx24 wrote:

you're an idiot! please refrain from calling people names that clearly reflect your level of intellect..there is a reason your ...more

If you use a Spline Drive Sprocket on the left side you can still use the left side Crank on the left and the right on the right.

|

9/17/2013 10:29 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

dmx24 wrote:

you're an idiot! please refrain from calling people names that clearly reflect your level of intellect..there is a reason your ...more

BMX_Forever wrote:

If you use a Spline Drive Sprocket on the left side you can still use the left side Crank on the left and the right on the ...more

i didn't see the part about the spline drive

|

Refs

9/17/2013 10:40 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

dmx24 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

If you use a Spline Drive Sprocket on the left side you can still use the left side Crank on the left and the right on the ...more

This...

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

9/17/2013 10:45 AM

dmx24 wrote:

BMX_Forever wrote:

dmx24 wrote:

Yeah you dumb fucking twat.
A. I never called you a name toll now
B. Everything you've said is either wrong or hypocritical

Ignorance.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

9/17/2013 10:47 AM

Actually, I was never even rude till now.

|

9/17/2013 10:56 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

perfection.

|

9/17/2013 10:57 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

dmx24 wrote:

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Yeah you dumb fucking twat.
A. I never called you a name toll now
B. Everything you've said is either wrong or hypocritical

...more

i admitted i was wrong and that it was my fault for not reading it fully..nothing wrong or contradicting about that, i was under the impression he wanted to just flip his crank set up in which case what i had said would have been correct, either way i already copped to being wrong no use in arguing over a bmx forum

|

Refs