Cranks hitting chainstay?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2011 1:13 PM

Okay everyone, my cranks are hitting the chainstay after dropping my bike on its side. I know its not my cranks because i went out and bought new ones thinking it was....... so what else could it be??? i think it may be the bb but im not sure... any suggestions?

|

8/9/2011 1:15 PM

if its just one side put a few more spacers on the spindle, if its both sides put a few on both sides and see if that works

|

8/9/2011 1:18 PM

mine used to do that and i had to put some spacers down in the cranks, dont put to many though

|

Logan Taylor Vital's music man....
Music is a universal language and need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
HAHA!
"I love you cait!"

Id rather be hated for who i am then loved for who im not" -Kurt Cobain

8/9/2011 1:22 PM

spacers......

|

8/9/2011 1:30 PM

spacers is all you needed.. fail

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

8/9/2011 1:33 PM

Just like everyone said spacers...

|

Life behind bars
Favorite Rider:Kareem Williams

Refs: One Size FITs All,Element4all

8/9/2011 1:42 PM

Your frame may also be bent in the back?

|

8/9/2011 2:09 PM

on my old frame my cranks did this from day one. my chain alignment was perfect. so all i did was cover my chainstay in a towel and hit it till it dented in enough for my cranks to not hit.

|

A bike is not a bike if it doesn't have air in the tires.
Bike Check
BSD Front Street Hub Review
Primo Mix Review
Why You WEAR a mouthguard!
Refs.
\BMX-1995/

8/9/2011 2:16 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

on my old frame my cranks did this from day one. my chain alignment was perfect. so all i did was cover my chainstay in a towel and hit it till it dented in enough for my cranks to not hit.

Wha?

|

8/9/2011 3:18 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

COLORADO SPRINGS wrote:

Wha?

I would rather deal with my chain not being aligned than dent my frame up

|

It's an Eastern, and it's fucking awesome.

8/9/2011 3:23 PM

mine did that but i grinded it down a minimal amount. nothing that would demean the structural strength of them.

|

refs:JakeSalbert whirls32 BEASTASSDICKwink bobPA tony larson bmx brentrides
fondue:"BMX is like weed. You can buy bongs and pipes, but smoking is illegal. Next time tell the cop you have a prescription to bmx"
first member of the fortnight EVERJULY 1ST -14TH

8/9/2011 3:49 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

dude you need to get on here and ask someone who knows bikes before you work on your bike again. not tryin to be rude but it sounds like you dont know how to work on your bike.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

8/9/2011 4:06 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

dude you need to get on here and ask someone who knows bikes before you work on your bike again. not tryin to be rude but it sounds like you dont know how to work on your bike.

sounds like he knows how to work on his bike. atleast he knew enough to do it himself

|

SUNDAY OG
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

8/9/2011 4:10 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

og-rider wrote:

sounds like he knows how to work on his bike. atleast he knew enough to do it himself

denting your frame on purpose is evidence of not knowing.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

8/9/2011 4:12 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

ihatepurplebikes wrote:

og-rider wrote:

if he would have got on here when he first noticed it, his frame wouldn't be dented and his shit would be perfect.

|

IN NOMINE SATANUS

8/9/2011 5:21 PM

I cant belive ppl are this damn stupid, lmao SPACERS lol

|

8/9/2011 5:22 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

Dude you could of just put spacers between the crank arm and the sprocket. even with bolt drive

|

Cool story man!
Water Melon Check

Refs: Sire, 2283kdogg, Zerobig13, Ilovemybike22, BmxRida4lyfe

8/9/2011 5:44 PM

Cjmdawg wrote:

thats a good idea if you just want to get riding and not deal with that shit and purple dick or whatever cant talk shit because it doesnt make the frame weaker or anything

|

I have nothing against pegs at all, I don’t think you’re dumb if you ride pegs, I don’t care about your pegs, they are just pegs! What I do hate is the fact that every person in BMX hops on this bandwagon of three pegs, and beanies, and weed, and hop-over grinds… It’s just sad that the pros who influence kids are more worried about looking cool than the kids themselves! It’s crazy!-Trey Jones