Cranks issue

Related:
Create New Tag

12/4/2019 6:29 AM

Hi, can anyone help me with this, at first at though the cranks were too tight so i went ahead and loosen the bolts, but that didn't solve the problem.

Thanks
|

12/4/2019 6:45 AM

That video was a bit short, But it sounds like your crank bearing

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

12/4/2019 7:25 AM

Could be a number of things.

Check your pedal axles and see if they spin freely even under pressure. Did you get a new chain and just put it on? It’ll need to “bed in” for a little then the noise will go away. Is your back wheel aligned so that the chain moves in a straight line from the sprocket to the driver? If not, loosen the rear axle nuts and align it. Are your hub bearings making that noise?

It could also be your bottom bracket bearings, if nothing else works, remove your cranks and carefully inspect the BB for any debris or cracks in the bearings, keep in mind the damage could be on the inside of the BB, so use a flashlight to see.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

12/4/2019 9:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/4/2019 9:04 AM

Agree, make a longer video and also show spinning the cranks by hand slowly. Show close ups both sides.

Show your rear hub, your driver close up, your chain, sprocket, bottom bracket, etc.

|

12/5/2019 3:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/5/2019 3:27 AM

It doesn't sound like a problem with your cranks. It sounds like it's most likely a problem with your bottom bracket bearings or your driver bearings. It could also possibly be your chain. Make sure to find out where the sound is coming from and then come back to us.

|

12/5/2019 5:28 AM

So this happened to me but my chain was bouncing and what caused it was a worn out driver and a stretched chain. Unless you have unsealed bottom bracket then check that out

|