Cranks stuck to spindle and wont budge??

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2013 6:06 PM

Been trying to get my cranks off for a while now as my sprocket has snapped. Havnt had them off in ages and have just become stuck to the spindle. Ive tried everything to get it off but it just wont budge at all. Me and my Dad have both hit it as hard as possible with a hammer and tried putting releasing spray on it but still nothing. Im taking it into the bike shop tomorrow see if they have an easier way but any last minute ideas???

|

9/16/2013 6:21 PM

sounds like their seized in is it one crank or both also have you ever greased them

|

Last words?
Just have fun on your bike.
- Jeremiah Smith

9/16/2013 6:26 PM

TheMotherShip wrote:

sounds like their seized in is it one crank or both also have you ever greased them

Yeah they are -.- and yeah i used to grease them but i didnt take them off throughout winter so they just seized. But the way i take them off is take the non drive side bolt out then slide it through the bb because the other bolt is so fucked but my crank just doesnt even come off

|

9/16/2013 7:20 PM

Rubber mallet on the inside of the crank arm to pound it off.

Spray a degreaser onto the spindle inside the arm. Use a crank remover tool if you can.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/16/2013 8:04 PM

I've always had purdy good luck with Liquid Wrench penetrating oil. Good overnight soak

|

United0Cult0