Crashed my damn bike into the car I just bought...

Related:
Create New Tag

1/9/2018 4:51 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 4:52 PM

I was practicing x-ups and had to bail and I let my bike go.

It ended up ghost riding straight into the side of my car. Headed for my rear wheel so I was like whatever and figured it would just bounce off...

Nope.

Handle bar smacked my rear tail light hard and put a tennis ball sized hole in my damn light...

Looked up prices on replacements $100 USED!

Im so pissed at myself but Im also glad it was my own vehicle.

Warning to all, riding around others vehicles when riding street. It can happen.

Anyone else have a dumb moment they would like to share?

|

1/9/2018 4:57 PM

That is pretty shitty. Damn.

|

1/9/2018 5:01 PM

That sucks did it have anything do do with riding inside your garage? Saw that on youtube.

To put my bike in the garage I have to squeeze past two cars. I had to retire the metal bar ends due to scratching panels on the way through.

|

1/9/2018 5:01 PM

Beamex wrote:

That sucks did it have anything do do with riding inside your garage? Saw that on youtube.

To put my bike in the garage I ...more

No, I park on the street in front of my place. I was practicing in the middle of the road.

|

1/9/2018 5:07 PM

The damage.Photo

|

1/9/2018 5:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 5:11 PM

Looks about the same size of the bar almost a perfect circle. It damaged the actual light section as well, shit.

|

1/9/2018 5:18 PM

Well. That's Subaru for you. Weak lenses. grin

At least it's your car. I tend to do such things to other people's cars. Once, wasn't looking where I was heading, went straight into the back of a parked SUV and put my head (helmeted) through the back window. My bike stayed with it's front wheel wedged under the bumper, all comedy like.

|

1/9/2018 5:33 PM

Dang Bullet! C'mon man! Well you're lucky, it could've been a neighbors car or could've damaged your car even worse... well, at least it's not too expensive of a fix... now you can finally call it your project car!tongue

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/9/2018 5:39 PM

luckily I've managed to avoid that, worst I've done involving my bike is ripped up the seats & ceiling a little in my old car.

years ago though, this kid who I found really annoying was riding with us... I was in the middle of yelling stupid shit at a group of girls walking by, and this kid was looking back at them not paying attention where he was going... SMACK! Right into the back of a parked car. I looked over just in time to see his head smash into the window and the glass fly everywhere, I thought it was his teeth at first haha. I didn't want anything to do with it so I just left, but I knew he was okay at least and someone else stayed with him.

|

1/9/2018 6:25 PM

Sorry, but that's hilarious!
Its the sort of thing you expect to happen in slow motion in a bad comedy movie smile

|

1/9/2018 6:38 PM

Aaaaannnnd... What did we learn....?

|

1/9/2018 6:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 6:57 PM

One time I ghost rode my bike at a group of traffic cones..

It started heading towards a parked Lotus(?) or whatever those fancy electric cars are called..

Within feet of smacking the Lotus, it switched direction and smoked the 350z in front of it.. Phew.

& Another time I was shit faced at Navy Pier in Chicago, ghost rode my bike at this big metal sculpture thing for no reason..

I completely missed & my bike started coasting straight towards Lake Michigan (which is freezing cold in the middle of the night btw)..

I took off running after it, drunk as a bish. I didn't have much hope for saving it, but I eventually caught up to it..

Literally the second I got within grabbing distance of it, it popped off this curb, did a backflip, and smacked me directly in the face & took me to the ground. Laughed about it in the moment but sure felt it the next day when I sobered upgrin

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/9/2018 7:19 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Aaaaannnnd... What did we learn....?

Get better at x-ups...lol

|

1/9/2018 7:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/9/2018 7:45 PM

Damn that sucks!

|

1/9/2018 7:21 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Dang Bullet! C'mon man! Well you're lucky, it could've been a neighbors car or could've damaged your car even worse... well, ...more

True.

|

1/9/2018 7:22 PM

Bryan91 wrote:

Damn that sucks!

Good looking out! Might have to pick that up.

Gotta check my account first. Damn check takes forever to clear.

|

1/9/2018 7:23 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

One time I ghost rode my bike at a group of traffic cones..

It started heading towards a parked Lotus(?) or whatever those ...more

Damn...i havent hit my face on my bike yet. Lol

|

1/9/2018 7:25 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Sorry, but that's hilarious!
Its the sort of thing you expect to happen in slow motion in a bad comedy movie smile

Ya, it was kinda slow motion in real life. Because the bars were backwards they had a negative offset and the bars curved towards the car. That allowed the bike to tilt up and smack the light with the aluminum bar end...

|

1/9/2018 7:27 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

luckily I've managed to avoid that, worst I've done involving my bike is ripped up the seats & ceiling a little in my old ...more

Holy fuck, that must have been pretty satisfying. I dont wish people harm but for a split second Im sure it was something to appreciate.

|

1/9/2018 7:28 PM

jbales wrote:

Well. That's Subaru for you. Weak lenses. grin

At least it's your car. I tend to do such things to other people's cars. Once, ...more

Seems to be a common occurrence round here...lol

|

1/9/2018 7:44 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Good looking out! Might have to pick that up.

Gotta check my account first. Damn check takes forever to clear.

My bad, sedan tail lights are not the same as wagon tail lights!

This it what you'd need:
Subaru Impreza Wrx Wagon 04 -05 left tail light $85 shipped

04 05 Subaru Impreza WRX Tail Light Lamp Left Driver LH Wagon 2004 2005 $89 shipped

|

1/9/2018 8:41 PM

another bmx vs car story while we're at it for your entertainment...

last year my friend and I were riding and we approached an intersection where we had no stop signs, but the cross traffic did... a car was coming up to the stop sign and slowed down some but not enough to even be considered a rolling stop AS we were just about to cross. well, my friend didn't like that this asshole ran the stop sign almost hitting us, so he shoved his bike out towards the car and it slammed against the side of it. I think it hit the tire, and a loud *TINK* was heard. the car of course slowed to a stop and I yell out "You normally just run stop signs you fucking idiot?" and my friend stood there with his arms spread out... they sat there for a second then took off. Our short lived "Yay we fought an asshole by being an asshole back!" moment was interrupted when he picked his bike up and checked it over because it turns out the loud tink noise was his frame snapping... it was already cracked around the seat tube/top tube but now it was fully split and only held on by about 1/4" in one spot. People who run stop signs or pull way over the white line THEN stop really piss me off, I've almost been run over countless times

|

1/9/2018 10:07 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

another bmx vs car story while we're at it for your entertainment...

last year my friend and I were riding and we approached ...more

Lol irony at its finest.

|

1/10/2018 2:58 AM

Worst "I've got a Subaru WRX" thread ever.... tongue

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

1/10/2018 5:54 AM

one time i put my fist and one side of my bars through a glass bus stop lol.
the first time i was riding back home along a path, an i live near the sea so there were staircases that went down to the beach and right after this one stairway there was a bus stop.
so i was riding along planning to go behind the bus stop because the path in front had people walking on it, and right before i ride past the stairs a dog runs out from the top of them, this makes me swerve to the left and ride straight into the bus stop.
the next day when i woke up two of my knuckles had swollen to the size of large marbles, and i didnt go to the hospital because i thought i was going to get charged with vandalism if i went and they worked out it was me lol.

the second time something happened in that exact same spot about 5 months later and i remembered what happened before so i decided i better slow down fast and for some reason let go of my bike and started to run beside it, as it was rolling along on its own it turned into the set of stairs because the ground was uneven then it hits the corner of a patch of grass which was just off one side of the path. The grass patch launches it down the stairs perfectly onto a concrete pad at the bottom. Luckily there was nobody on the stairs but there was a very angry lifeguard on the beach who i narrowly escaped from.
And i bent my bars sad

|

Hmmm

1/10/2018 6:42 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Get better at x-ups...lol

Hahahah, thats the right attitude. Pro tip: If you land the trick, its way easier to land the trick!

For real that sucks though...sorry to hear that. Buuuut yeah it could've been worse. I believe I've told my crank arm breaking to head first into the back of a minivan story. I also backed my Mother's car into my car not too long ago.

$5k worth of damage.

You might be able to find a discounted tail light somewhere! Plenty of flatbrimmed idiots out there crashing WRXs because of vape clouds. tongue

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/10/2018 7:20 AM

I find it odd that you referenced it as crashing your "damn bike into the car" as opposed to crashing your "bike into your damn car". Is it a dollar value thing or because the bike wasn't damaged, but the car was? So, if the car were fine but you needed a new $100 wheel (not an extra you had)... would the verbiage changed?

P.S. Can you tell I'm bored?

|

1/10/2018 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2018 8:25 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I find it odd that you referenced it as crashing your "damn bike into the car" as opposed to crashing your "bike into your ...more

Well, i expect my bike to get damaged all the time. I actually asked myself a similar question when i found out how much my mistake was going to cost me.

I would rather spend 100 dollars to fix my bike than a tail light...thats for sure.

Its less of a headache to pop a new part on a bmx.

I bought this car to be my "nice" car. Its already damaged in a lot of ways but im more proud of it than my civic or my tacoma. I built my sunday bmx to take damage intentionally. The damage on the impreza is one more thing i gotta worry about when I begin fixing it up.

In the grand picture, its not a huge deal. Life is full of mistakes and this could have been worse. Just an annoyance more than anything.

|

1/10/2018 9:12 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

Well, i expect my bike to get damaged all the time. I actually asked myself a similar question when i found out how much my ...more

Nice of you to humor Mishinn :D

Do you have any Pick & Pull yards near you? You could prob pull a tail light off a crashed WRX for $40 or so.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/10/2018 1:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2018 1:15 PM

Use tuck tape to cover the hole so you don't get water in it until you can get a new lens. Also to whoever said that lotus are electric they most certainly are not and the Tesla is what you were thinking of, carry on.

|