Crazy moms/dads at the skatepark/street spots (long post)

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2018 8:47 AM

My local is clairemont, and I’ve seen the best, worst, and weirdest of people there. It all started back in may, with this one dad who’s hellspawn was a snaking 8 year old scooter kid on skatercross. I told him to move off the box and he refused. I then asked him to at least move to the side, and he refused. After him not moving for a solid 2 minutes, I went and almost hit him and the dad started saying shit like “bmx is trash”, “this park isn’t meant for you riders”, and other meaningless shit. I reply with a simple yet effective “scooter bad”, and that sets him off.
He says shit like “if we weren’t in a ymca skatepark I’d beat the shit out of you”, and also, “I’m gonna drag you and all your hooligan friends out of here with my bare hands”. So there’s this ~40-50 year old man here, threatening a bunch of 12-15 year old kids and saying he’ll fight us just because we insulted his kids favorite sport. (The rest of the story will be in me/x format for times sake)
Me: it’s my first amendment right of free speech
Scooterdad: I bet you don’t know how to spell amendment, moron.
Me: *spells it*
Scooterdad, *snitches on me

Story 2:

This lady was screaming at us in the parking lot, which was mostly empty (we were in the super empty side of it) and she came up to us screaming, you can’t do that here, you might damage the cars around you.
Me: no I won’t, we’re about 150ft away from the nearest car.
Her: are you talking back to me young man
Me: ...
Her: I’m staying until your mom comes
Me: oh no not my mom!!
Her: fuck off you little shits *flips us off while driving away*
(There’s 4 of us, all 14-16)
me: does the “take the L” dance for the memes
My friend; starts rubbing his nips (honestly he took it a little too far).
Her: gets out of the fucking car in the middle of the street
Her: SEXUAL HARASSMENT IM CALLING THE COPS MY UNCLE IS A POLICE CHIEF MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS IN THE POLICE FORCE.
My friend: do it
Her: *pulls back up into the lot*
Her: I have the police on speed dial
Her: goes into the park office
Her: says I was rubbing my nips (I could see why, both me and my friend were wearing blue shirts with black pants)
Me; that wasn’t me I can assure you 100% not a scam
My friend: it was me
Her: you know I’m pressing sexual harassment charges on you
Me and the rest of my group: hahahahahahahahahahaha
(That’s the story before we just walked away to skatercross)
Share your stories

|

smile

9/3/2018 8:53 AM

Scooter kids and their parents are retards , there’s a skatepark a couple towns over for me that’s in debate over being shut down because music that has profanity gets played and kids get bullied , it’s not getting bullied if your an idiot you cut someone off then get ran over , go crying to your retard scooter parents saying you got bullied , that’s natural selection doing it’s job on your dumb ass

|

9/3/2018 9:39 AM

Usually problems at skateparks are entirely on clueless parents. It happens all the time here. Mom and Dad have no clue how a skatepark works and just plop their kids that don't even know how to actually ride yet(training wheels/run bikes)in the middle of the park, usually in the middle of a speed line. They don't teach the kids to pay attention to anything. It's ridiculous. Kids drop in the bowl when other kids are riding.

|

9/3/2018 9:50 AM

I usually don't have problems with parents since I'm 41 and jacked. Today I went to the skatepark there was a guy with his kids on skooters. They dad says watch out guys he's gonna do some tricks. I ripped around a bit then ended up talking old school with the dad and teaching his son how to spin on the scooter and clear the spine.

|

9/3/2018 10:12 AM

It helps to be a bit bigger. I look small on the bike but once I get off and they see that I'm 6+' tall and about 190lbs they usually leave me alone.
Either that or they feel sorry for me

|

Hmmm

9/3/2018 10:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2018 10:27 AM

Damn I feel bad for you guys, finnish parents at least have the common sense to be embarrassed of their kids when they do dumb shit. I've seen kids literally dragged out of skateparks by their parents because "if you're not acting like you should and don't respect people you're not ready to be here". Massive respect for parents who don't let their kids be dicks. I think I've actually once mowed down a scooter kid on a skateboard (managed to catch him tho so he didn't smack his head on concrete) and later his dad came to say sorry for his songrin

I think a bigger problem here are the scooter moms and dads who don't understand the concept of a ledge so they use it as a bench and if you go ask them to move they look at you all angry because they don't understand why I want them to gtfo the "bench".

|

9/3/2018 11:29 AM

Edman123 wrote:

It helps to be a bit bigger. I look small on the bike but once I get off and they see that I'm 6+' tall and about 190lbs they ...more

Haha lucky, I’m 5’7.5 and 125lbs so I’m like the least intimidating person ever

|

smile

9/3/2018 11:33 AM

Edman123 wrote:

It helps to be a bit bigger. I look small on the bike but once I get off and they see that I'm 6+' tall and about 190lbs they ...more

PastaIsLitty wrote:

Haha lucky, I’m 5’7.5 and 125lbs so I’m like the least intimidating person ever

I'm pretty close to that , you would be surprised when you get pissed

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

9/3/2018 12:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2018 12:04 PM

I've posted in a thread a while ago about the woman who came up to me and screamed at me that I wouldn't let her 3' tall son ride my 21" bike with 10" bars.

I've had some pretty ridiculous encounters from riding here. People either love what we're doing or lose their fucking minds that we're on bikes and not just slowly cruising around with baskets and bells.

On saturday, one dude I was riding with ventured out into the bike lane without thinking or looking and some wall street looking shirtless dude comes screeching to a halt and then collide but very lightly, thankfully neither one was hurt. But the dude stopped, yanked his ear buds out, threw his bike down and started almost running up on this kid (who was like half his size) when me (6'1" 220lbs) Tyrone (6'2" 210 lbs) Nelly (6'3" 240lbs) and the other 4 of us turned around and yelled "OHHHH! EVERYONE GOOD? EVERYONE ALL RIGHT?" The guy's face and macho attitude dropped like a fuckin lead weight. As soon as he saw 7 other BMXers come into view, he went from tough guy to "nah we're good man!" real quick. The benefits of riding with a crew.

For the younger and smaller guys, I feel for you. If you really think you might get in the shit, learn to ride fast, or use your mouth to get you out of things. And if you're under 18 and someone over 18 is fucking with you? Let them get worked up and do some stupid shit. Especially parents. Then let the law sort it out. Oh and make sure to record it.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

9/3/2018 2:01 PM

Lmao inb4 SundaybmxRR comes in and shares some crazy ass storieslaughing

Thats another reason i like to just ride street. Less people being dumbasses lol. But i agree with Ed, being big helps. Im 6'2" im 15 (but literally everyone I meet for the first time thinks im 16-18 lol)

But i had a crazy ass story that ive told on here before, i just dont feel like typing it again.. i may come on here later and type it outlaughing

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/3/2018 4:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2018 4:51 PM

I feel your pain brother. Not to the extent of crazy parents, but parents letting there 4 or 5 year old ride around in the middle of the skatepark with no sense of awareness. Blows my mind; take them to a fucking park and ride with them. Don't take them to a skatepark where they are in everyone's way. The other thing is half of these young ass kids don't wear helmets. Don't get me wrong I never wore a helmet as a kid, but my parents also never helicoptered my life.

|

9/3/2018 5:36 PM

Mind blowing the amount of parents I see at skateparks drop off their 5 year old kids then just drive away like it’s a day care , pretty much child endangerment

|

9/3/2018 5:44 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Mind blowing the amount of parents I see at skateparks drop off their 5 year old kids then just drive away like it’s a day ...more

Yeah I agree with the craziness of this.

Back when I ran clear pads and my rim was raw my brakes were irritating to everyone but me, apparently. So I just slowly came to a squeaky stop when the kids were on the ramp in front of me a few times and they eventually moved.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

9/3/2018 11:54 PM

I like that in the original post the woman said "I have the police on speed dial"..... Like, it's 3 numbers. Big time saver

|

9/4/2018 6:02 AM

Here's a funny ass story. Its not realated to the topic but its a BMX story lol

So i was at a park, wouldve been sometime last year. There's a chick there and im with 2 other good buddies and this chick, deadass takes her shirt AND her BRA off at the skatepark...

Enough saidwink

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

9/4/2018 6:23 AM

have you tried fucking the crazy moms? (or dads if thats your thing)

|

It’s all bmx

9/4/2018 2:06 PM

I feel for the youth, us adults can be absolute dicks at times (not me obviously, as I BMX :-) )

The nipple rub made me smile... you seem like you have your head screwed on right, polite enough to ask people to move, and you and your friends are out having fun... just ride the storm..

I don't get grief.. as I am 47 so older than most of the parents!.. but I do see the complete lack of respect for the skatepark and try to chip in and help when I can.... I just have to put up with odd looks and kids saying "he's a grown man!" as I ride around..

|

9/4/2018 3:52 PM

Lmao is this like giant club or something jheez. I’m 15 and 5’6 and around 130lbslaughing

|

An Indian on a small bike

9/4/2018 5:04 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

Lmao is this like giant club or something jheez. I’m 15 and 5’6 and around 130lbslaughing

Someone get this kid some steroids

|

9/5/2018 1:45 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Someone get this kid some steroids

I’ll send you my address hmu

|

An Indian on a small bike

9/5/2018 3:37 PM

WILD stuff here! blink

Worst ive experienced was when we FINALLY got a skatepark in South Miami. It was awesome for most of the summer until one kid’s parent literally bought the park from the city, and all other public parks in Miami. Fenced them all up and started charging outrageous prices for a park WE petitioned and fundraised for!!! Thankfully it only lasted a few years and now all the parks are free again

|

9/5/2018 6:02 PM

XxCAKEWOLFxX wrote:

WILD stuff here! blink

Worst ive experienced was when we FINALLY got a skatepark in South Miami. It was awesome for most of the ...more

What the actual fuck ? Honestly if something like that happens its time for some bolt cutters.

|

9/5/2018 11:27 PM

I've never had anything happen in a skatepark. But riding street once some drunk guy hit me. He moved a pallet I was riding, then pissed up a wall, in a blatant public place, then started on me because I apparently looked at him funny. I didn't back down, and took the punch, he walked off, then I got angry and yelled some stuff at him but he carried on walking, so I went back to riding. I never know what to do in a situation until it's over......

Also once I was riding in my old school, the head teacher recognised me (I was 16 iirc, but it was my primary school, so it had been a few years). It was a Friday night, and they literally just let me carry on, but took the piss out of me for riding on my own on a Friday night instead of drinking cider in the park with all the other 16 year olds

|