Crazy question and csb

Related:
Create New Tag

6/20/2013 8:47 PM

Today i got the chance to ride a friends foot high box. I hopped up it second try. Third try i accidentally bump jumped hanged nothinged it haha. We found a headset high loading dock and i wanted to hop up it. But i can't pull up that high without looping out. What can i try to do to solve this?

Also i got really damn close to 180's like on the last one i tried i rolled back slightly. Also i got hop tire-grabs on dial. (Thanks for the how-to justride)

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

6/20/2013 9:10 PM

Good job. As for hopping high I notice I have problems with small bars or my seat being slammed. I can hop bar height with larger bars and a raised seat but only like stem height with a slammed seat and small bars. That's just me though. All in all practice, like every trick bmx isn't a fast learned sport.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/20/2013 9:10 PM

Hmm too high to pull and you loop out if you do. Well imma explain this as best i can, some stuff actually can be too high to hop, i dont know how high this is exactly, but if other people can hop up it, its doable. Idk if you will necessarily understand this but ill give you the way i do shit. haha there is one way to hop and another. One way you huck the back end and push out of course. Then there is what i call "popping it" haha you basically dont really bend your knees and literally jump with the bike not simply pulling it way from the ground. Then you can combine the 2 and pop and then huck the hop and push it out to get to your fullest extent in the hop. And that is how you may have to get up that, but it actually may be outside whatever skill level you are in and/or just an impossible height. Its all technique really.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/20/2013 9:57 PM

Do you guys think im ready to learn 180's

|

I ride for my papou.

6/20/2013 10:00 PM

SickDude wrote:

Can you hop good with decent height? If so then yeah I learned hops then went to 180s/manuals.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/20/2013 10:05 PM

Four wrote:

Can you hop good with decent height? If so then yeah I learned hops then went to 180s/manuals.

I can only hop a foot haha is tht good?

|

I ride for my papou.

6/20/2013 10:17 PM

i didnt do anything other than hop and manual my first whole year of riding , practice hope by setting up 2x4's and just slowly go up and up , get bike control and 180 will become so easy

|

6/20/2013 10:26 PM

nice bro i did my first crank arm down a stem length hubba that was 10 or 15 long im so happy

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

6/20/2013 10:56 PM

I hop stem height and sometimes a bit higher if I'm feeling it, and I run 8.25 rise bars and a slammed seat. My bars do have a bit more backsweep if that matters. Manuals feel great imo.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

6/21/2013 5:51 AM

SickDude wrote:

ya 180s were one of the first tricks I learned after hops and catwalks lol

|

6/21/2013 12:38 PM

you dont need a high hop to 180. sometimes i hop less than curb hight.

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me