Cross Lacing Tutorial?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/19/2017 8:28 PM

Just picked up some ribcages but can't seem to find any info on the technique. Most responses have been the classic " wheels are hard take it to a shop and pay someone else to do it" what a crock of shit. Any guidance would be appreciated!

|

9/19/2017 9:15 PM

Literally just typed " how to cross lace bmx wheel" and hundreds of videos popped up!

|

9/19/2017 10:24 PM

Just lace the wheel regular but put the spokes towards the other side of the rim

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

9/19/2017 10:38 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Just lace the wheel regular but put the spokes towards the other side of the rim

This. It's exactly the same pattern

|

9/20/2017 8:41 AM

BcBMX80 wrote:

Literally just typed " how to cross lace bmx wheel" and hundreds of videos popped up!

thanks for the link but if you actually read any of those titles you'd realize none of them are specifically cross laced. haha even the video you linked is standard lacing

|

9/20/2017 8:59 AM

It's pretty much the same as lacing a non-crossed wheel. Build it as you would build any other wheel but cross the spokes to the other side.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/20/2017 10:32 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

It's pretty much the same as lacing a non-crossed wheel. Build it as you would build any other wheel but cross the spokes to ...more

Yea I get the concept I'll give it a try later. Does this method require longer spokes?

|

9/20/2017 10:50 AM

wustachemax wrote:

Yea I get the concept I'll give it a try later. Does this method require longer spokes?

No, the offset from center on a ribcage is not nearly significant enough to need longer spokes than what a spoke calculator would tell you.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

9/20/2017 6:22 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

It's pretty much the same as lacing a non-crossed wheel. Build it as you would build any other wheel but cross the spokes to ...more

wustachemax wrote:

p1p1092 wrote:

No, the offset from center on a ribcage is not nearly significant enough to need longer spokes than what a spoke calculator ...more

Thanks I just laced it up I just gotta get shorter spokes since I'm reusing some from an old rim.

|