Cult..

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2017 10:19 AM

So I ordered the cult hawk bars. Not only were they late coming in, but they were advertised as 8.8 and the tards sent me 8.75.. waiting for a response from them to get this fixed. They're nice bars though. But I'm curious to see if this is a common mistake. This is my first experience with cult and it hasn't been good so far..

|

2/28/2017 10:24 AM

You're seriously moaning about .05 of an inch? I'd put a lot of money on you not being able to feel the difference.
Did you measure them yourself as 8.75? Because I'm pretty sure the hawk bars are only available in 8.5 and 8.8

|

2/28/2017 10:45 AM

You're damn right. And being able to feel the difference or not, is not the point. The point is, if you advertise something as one thing, don't give your customer something else, regardless if it's a "small" mistake or not. Give them what they paid for.

|

2/28/2017 10:48 AM

The tag says Cult Hawk Bar 8.75" Black. Photo won't upload for some reason

|

2/28/2017 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2017 10:52 AM

Robbie Morales is the fucking man! Don't talk shit about his company! Any and every company makes a mistake. Maybe they made a mistake here or your measurements are off who knows

|

2/28/2017 11:02 AM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Robbie Morales is the fucking man! Don't talk shit about his company! Any and every company makes a mistake. Maybe they made a ...more

lol I will, if they don't fix the issue.. screw em. and you're right. I completely agree, but, if they're a decent company, and care about their customers, it's their responsibility to resolve the issues as best as they can.. I'm sure the issue will be fixed, but like I said, I'm just curious to see if this is a common issue or one of the rare ones

|

2/28/2017 11:14 AM

I get where you're coming from, but to raise THIS MUCH of an issue to me is a little too much.

I can see contacting them to make them aware, but to post it online to bash them? Seems a little much. Did you also blast them on Facebook, instagram, and all the other social media?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/28/2017 11:26 AM

Where did you order them from? How do you know they're 8.75 and not 8.8?

Stop being a little bitch and just be stoked you've got a good pair of bars. Spoilt little shit. .05 of an inch and you're acting like they're unusable

|

2/28/2017 11:29 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

I get where you're coming from, but to raise THIS MUCH of an issue to me is a little too much.

I can see contacting them to ...more

Agreed.

|

2/28/2017 11:45 AM

Don't these fucking things only come in 8.8 anyways?

|

2/28/2017 11:53 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Stop being a little bitch and just be stoked you've ...more

Lol yeah I'm sorry. I just expected to receive exactly what I saw online. fuck you. I ordered directly from cult. The fucking bag they're in says 8.75, that's how I know..

|

2/28/2017 11:56 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Firebrand wrote:

Lol yeah I'm sorry. I just expected to receive exactly what I saw online. fuck you. I ordered directly from cult. The fucking ...more

Don't be all key board warrior here! We're trying to help you by not attempting to slash a company online like a little girl before even contacting said company! I grew up down the street to where Morales lived and his parents stayed for years when he left. This is a bullshit ass fucking thread and it should be burnt

|

2/28/2017 11:59 AM

seanthemechanic wrote:

That's what I thought.

|

2/28/2017 12:08 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Firebrand wrote:

That's what I thought.

How about you measure them, might just be a labeling error.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/28/2017 12:12 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Don't be all key board warrior here! We're trying to help you by not attempting to slash a company online like a little girl ...more

Then "burn it".. Keyboard warrior" lol Take it easy kid. I'm not freaking out on you people. If anything some of you are attacking me because I'm "being a bitch" for wanting exactly what I ordered Lol Like I said TWICE before i made this thread to ask if this is a common mistake or not with the company, not to bash them. If I came off that way, I apologize

|

2/28/2017 12:13 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Firebrand wrote:

Lol yeah I'm sorry. I just expected to receive exactly what I saw online. fuck you. I ordered directly from cult. The fucking ...more

Big guy behind a keyboard? I guess that .05" will automatically make you ride better? Typical salty Internet kid. Just ride your bike and stop moaning

|

2/28/2017 12:19 PM

Firebrand wrote:

seanthemechanic wrote:

Don't be all key board warrior here! We're trying to help you by not attempting to slash a company online like a little girl ...more

Firebrand wrote:

Then "burn it".. Keyboard warrior" lol Take it easy kid. I'm not freaking out on you people. If anything some of you are ...more

Kid? I'm for sure not a kid. I've probably been riding bmx before you were even a thought. I just don't appreciate someone bashing a company especially when they haven't even contacted that company yet.

|

2/28/2017 12:26 PM

seanthemechanic wrote:

Firebrand wrote:

Then "burn it".. Keyboard warrior" lol Take it easy kid. I'm not freaking out on you people. If anything some of you are ...more

seanthemechanic wrote:

Kid? I'm for sure not a kid. I've probably been riding bmx before you were even a thought. I just don't appreciate someone ...more

Wonderful. And I have. Still nothing yet

|

2/28/2017 12:28 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Big guy behind a keyboard? I guess that .05" will automatically make you ride better? Typical salty Internet kid. Just ride ...more

Never said it would, just wanting what I ordered and nothing less. that's all

|

2/28/2017 12:33 PM

Firebrand wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Big guy behind a keyboard? I guess that .05" will automatically make you ride better? Typical salty Internet kid. Just ride ...more

Firebrand wrote:

Then don't act like a salty kid. Read what you've posted, you sound like a little bitch. And at least give them the chance to respond before you post on here about it.

If everyone posted a thread every time they had an issue with their order, there'd be twice as many threads every day

|

2/28/2017 12:55 PM

No worries, put ya grips on and youll have that 8.8 instead of 8.75 rise laughing laughing tongue

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

2/28/2017 1:03 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

No worries, put ya grips on and youll have that 8.8 instead of 8.75 rise laughing laughing tongue

Lol

|

2/28/2017 1:06 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Firebrand wrote:

grumpySteve wrote:

Then don't act like a salty kid. Read what you've posted, you sound like a little bitch. And at least give them the chance to ...more

You're right. My fault. Wasn't my intention.

|

2/28/2017 11:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/28/2017 11:18 PM

If they're 8.75" rise, and you're SURE of it, then they ain't no Cult Hawk bars. Maybe the product packaging was only labeled incorrectly and the bars actually are the Cult Hawk models. Do the graphics on the bar you got match the Hawk bars? If so, maybe this is what happened.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/1/2017 6:51 AM

readybmxer wrote:

If they're 8.75" rise, and you're SURE of it, then they ain't no Cult Hawk bars. Maybe the product packaging was only labeled ...more

Yeah it looks to be just a misprint. It happens. I thought about it and I kind of made a big deal out of nothing and ran my mouth out of frustration that it was slow coming in, and then seeing the misprint on the tag.. i WAS being "a little bitch" lol it was uncalled for and apologize to anyone and everyone on this thread, especially those of you I was rude with.

|

3/1/2017 8:10 AM

readybmxer wrote:

If they're 8.75" rise, and you're SURE of it, then they ain't no Cult Hawk bars. Maybe the product packaging was only labeled ...more

Firebrand wrote:

Yeah it looks to be just a misprint. It happens. I thought about it and I kind of made a big deal out of nothing and ran my ...more

It's cool man! Glad everything worked out! Now apologize to Morales now!!

|

3/1/2017 10:37 PM

If anything 8.8 would bug me I'd want 8.75 as it's more .. I don't know , an even interval , although 8.8 is too ...

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/1/2017 11:55 PM

Firebrand wrote:

Yeah it looks to be just a misprint. It happens. I thought about it and I kind of made a big deal out of nothing and ran my ...more

No worries buddy. Maybe you just need to word things a little differently in the future? Or proof read before you hit post smile

The thing is, bmx bars aren't measured correctly anyway. I recently measured 4 pairs of bars just so I could see what the actual difference is in mm. They were measured from the bottom of the clamping area to the highest point where the grip goes. So the upsweep and width has an affect on the total height.
Bars are supposed to be measured from the centre of the clamping area to the centre of where the grip goes. So all bmx bars are actually about half an inch lower than they advertise. 9" bars actually only give about 8.5" of rise. And the measurement isn't that accurate.
Chop an inch off each end of bars with 3 degrees upsweep and you lose a bit of rise with it. That's why I said .05" isn't worth worrying about. The width of your grips can make more difference than that

|

3/2/2017 12:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2017 12:32 PM

Firebrand wrote:

So I ordered the cult hawk bars. Not only were they late coming in, but they were advertised as 8.8 and the tards sent me ...more

Entertaining thread.

|

3/2/2017 4:06 PM

That was a rollercoaster lmao

|