Cult

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2018 8:41 PM

Are cult crew bars strong/don't break or bend,
I am getting them in 9" rise.
Cutting them down from the stock width of 30" to 28.
They have 12° of backsweep and 2° upsweep.
Your opinion on these bars. Would you run them, and do you thing they are strong/bend resistant as stated above.

|

6/27/2018 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2018 9:04 PM

How hard to you ride ? I just spent 175 on some snafu Scotty Cranmer bars and already bent them after 8 rides , everything breaks , depends how hard you ride

|

6/27/2018 9:21 PM

eskimojay wrote:

How hard to you ride ? I just spent 175 on some snafu Scotty Cranmer bars and already bent them after 8 rides , everything ...more

I ride pretty hard and crash a little. The last bars I bought bent to shit like -60°downsweep lol. I just want to know if cult, and these spefic bars are strong/solid

|

6/27/2018 9:23 PM

eskimojay wrote:

How hard to you ride ? I just spent 175 on some snafu Scotty Cranmer bars and already bent them after 8 rides , everything ...more

How? I would call SNAFU asap! I know you are not doing some of the stuff Scotty was doing and Corey has them too. Might want to talk to Snafu about replacement.

As far as the Cult bars:
I am running them and so far no problem and I have had them for a few weeks. My son rides Cult Butter bars and he is very hard on parts. And he has been on them for over a year.

|

6/27/2018 10:42 PM

I mean, lots of these products come from the same place and are just branded to a company.

I think they'll last you a good amount of time, Cult makes good stuff alongside many other brands in the price range.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

6/27/2018 11:43 PM

I’m still pissed my Cult Salvation V2 stem pinched , I didn’t even fucking tighten it with a socket tool or anything and it pinched in like a years time . I barely touch my shit too , it wasn’t like I was fucking around with it every week . I contacted them about it and got no reply .

I’m sure the bars are gonna be good but fuck Cult aluminum products from now on , I’ve literally had better quality from a 30$ Norco stem

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/28/2018 4:07 AM

Don't know about the crew bars, but if they are like the cuatro ... they are tough as nails!

|

6/28/2018 4:40 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I’m still pissed my Cult Salvation V2 stem pinched , I didn’t even fucking tighten it with a socket tool or anything and it ...more

A coin is all it takes to fix a pinched stem man

|

6/28/2018 4:59 AM

I can't speak to your situation or the quality of the bars you already bought. But if you are concerned, a question about quality probably should have come BEFORE you made your purchase.

|

6/28/2018 5:55 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I’m still pissed my Cult Salvation V2 stem pinched , I didn’t even fucking tighten it with a socket tool or anything and it ...more

Francky wrote:

A coin is all it takes to fix a pinched stem man

You can't unstretch the sides of a stem with a coin...
A coin would stop it pinching but then it wouldn't be clamped to the steerer.

|

Hmmm

6/28/2018 5:56 AM

they're as good as any other bar lol.

|

It’s all bmx

6/28/2018 7:02 AM

I my whole front end is Cult- I got the Cult Cuatro's 9.65" on a Salvation TL with IC-3 v2 Forks.

I was torn between the Cuatro's or the Sunday Street Sweepers, But got the cuatros cause of the higher rise and cheaper price- Very good handlebars.

|

6/28/2018 8:31 AM

Odyssey or Sunday bars

/thread

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

6/28/2018 8:51 AM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey or Sunday bars

/thread

Typically I would agree with this, but Tree bars are the best bars ever made if you can find them. Don't know how their availability is anymore.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/28/2018 9:33 AM

S&m bars are usually pretty badass, especially the straight gauge. I had s&m made relic void bars and I can't imagine anyone bending them. I now have s&m made terrible1 classic bars, which are lighter due to thinner gauge, but more importantly to me they have a bit more upsweep. Unfortunately, the recent batch of terrible1 bars are Taiwanese made. Probably just as good, but s&m have been at the top of the bars making game since I started riding.

And you can't fix a pinched stem.

|

6/28/2018 1:13 PM

I dont see a point in getting anything other than a lifetime warranty part if it is the geo you want.

S&M, Odyssey, sunday, Eastern, etc.

They offer some lifetime warranty bars and other parts.

|

6/28/2018 2:39 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

I dont see a point in getting anything other than a lifetime warranty part if it is the geo you want.

S&M, Odyssey, ...more

S&m don't offer lifetime warranty on anything. They offer crash replacement on some things, but it's still pretty limited. Parts will break in time, just buy new parts when you need them.

|

6/28/2018 6:10 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

S&M, Odyssey, ...more

grumpySteve wrote:

S&m don't offer lifetime warranty on anything. They offer crash replacement on some things, but it's still pretty limited. ...more

You are correct. I misunderstood the warranty for some reason. Either way, I stand by my original statement. Especially if you go through parts like no tomorrow. Get products that are backed, imo.

|

6/28/2018 9:20 PM

HondaCRFRacer wrote:

Odyssey or Sunday bars

/thread

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Typically I would agree with this, but Tree bars are the best bars ever made if you can find them. Don't know how their ...more

I have seen many many sets of Tree bars break, they're nothing special.

For the most part, bars are bars. Just know that butted bars are thinner therefore more likely to break or bend. Post-weld heat-treated bars are stronger at the welds.

There's only 2 sets of bars that come to mind that are actually over-built to be stronger than most, and those are the GT OG 4pcs & the Bone Deth Deadman 4pcs. Both are built with extra thick tubing and are heavy as can be.

Also, i believe the Deadmans may have only come in a small run of the beefed up model. Albes had them for sale last I remember & advertised them to not work with regular bar ends because the thickness of the tube.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/28/2018 9:39 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

S&M, Odyssey, ...more

Mishinn, I never bought the bars but I'm telling you what I would do IF I bought them. But now I'm thinking about getting 9"rise s&m hoder bars, thoughts?

|

6/29/2018 12:43 AM

Bulletpup wrote:

S&M, Odyssey, ...more

Rubberduck wrote:

Mishinn, I never bought the bars but I'm telling you what I would do IF I bought them. But now I'm thinking about getting ...more

Hoder is rad so yeah get them,
As far as bars go those ones will be strong since hoder does crazy gaps with them and tends to run his stuff for longer than a lot of guys who get free parts.

|

Hmmm

6/29/2018 5:11 AM

Bars are bars, although s&m makes solid stuff. I’ve got 9” intrikats for bars that I do just about everything from flatland to vert with.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican