Cult 510 Chain?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/12/2015 5:18 PM

ordered a cult 510 Chain and sunday sabretooth 25 t sprocket and I was wondering what your guys experience was with the cult chain, is it strong, any funky noises or stretch alot?

|

3/12/2015 5:38 PM

a 510 chain is a 510 chain, regardless of the brand. I use a KMC 510 most of the time, and it only makes "funky noises" on worn out sprocket/driver teeth. as long as your wheel and sprocket are new-ish, it'll be fine

|

3/12/2015 5:43 PM

Its good, ive been running one for a while now and haven't had problems outside the usual.

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/12/2015 5:51 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

a 510 chain is a 510 chain, regardless of the brand. I use a KMC 510 most of the time, and it only makes "funky noises" on ...more

The Cult 510 is not a KMC chain. It performs similarly though.

|

3/12/2015 6:33 PM

my 410 cult chain is nice and smooth so far. I dig it.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/12/2015 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2015 7:32 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

my 410 cult chain is nice and smooth so far. I dig it.

I have the same chain, it's a beast. It's teflon coated unlike the KMC 410.

|

3/12/2015 7:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2015 8:05 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

a 510 chain is a 510 chain, regardless of the brand. I use a KMC 510 most of the time, and it only makes "funky noises" on ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

did you miss the part where I said "regardless of brand"? the number isn't the model's name, its the size and classification of the chain. kinda like the difference between 19mm mid and 22mm mid BB's. the question is which product will suit your bike, not what brand is best. after a quick google, i found this on bmx-forum (im amazed that site is still around), posted by Jawn

"410 = bog standard shitty chain
410H = thick plates, normal pins
510Hx = normal plates, mushroomed pins"

also, see where the Cult chain says PYC on the end of each outer plate? PYC is the actual manufacture, and they also manufacture chains for Canadian Tire, our local version of Wal-mart or Halfords. So Cult doesn't even make the chains. PYC makes them and stamps the Cult name on them, along with dozens of other brands.

the coating i've seen mentioned here is also irrelevant. shops sell teflon lube for a reason.

ignore the brands on the chain, get the type of chain that will work best for you.

|

3/12/2015 8:42 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

did you miss the part where I said "regardless of brand"? the number isn't the model's name, its the size and classification ...more

Well, with that ideal, no one makes their own parts. Manufacturers do and then the companies put their stickers on it. Except for the in house brands that is!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

3/12/2015 9:18 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/12/2015 9:24 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Well, with that ideal, no one makes their own parts. Manufacturers do and then the companies put their stickers on it. Except ...more

well "no one" is a stretch, but yes, thank you for agreeing! most companies have their parts manufactured by another company. thats how most industries work. hence why i said brand is irrelevant. the type of chain is what matters, not who makes it.

i know you're gonna bring up S&M and FBM. yes, companies like them exist, but they're the exception to the rule.

|

3/12/2015 10:51 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

did you miss the part where I said "regardless of brand"? the number isn't the model's name, its the size and classification ...more

What I meant to say was the Cult 510 is different from a KMC 510. Misread your original post. They are slightly different, just with similar designs.

|

3/13/2015 7:00 AM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

well "no one" is a stretch, but yes, thank you for agreeing! most companies have their parts manufactured by another company. ...more

Yeah. It's still about design though too. Companies still design their parts (OTX, etc.) but a chain is a chain, from my experience. I had the Kool Chain for AGES but i decided it was time to retire that one because it was starting to give up on me.

I got this Cult chain for free with my Ratchet. The Kool chain is not smooth at all with a ratchet and a double guarded MDS. Probably because the shape of the plates and how much i beat it up. Had that shit for 3 years and until recently i never managed to break it (it broke because i hit it off a rail).

So in comparison the Cult 410 chain is much smoother and better looking IMO. It still isn't complete butter when it is on the Ratchet, but it's good and i like it. It's a little better when loose also.

|

3/13/2015 1:55 PM

Velo/Raptor wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Velo/Raptor wrote:

"ignore the brands on the chain, get the type of chain that will work best for you."
is quality control the same at both companies? pyc vs kmc

|

wallride a bus everyday

3/13/2015 2:43 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Velo/Raptor wrote:

buttmeate wrote:

"ignore the brands on the chain, get the type of chain that will work best for you."
is quality control the same at both ...more

He was refering to brands such as odyssey, cult etc. The names that get stamped on the chains

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

3/13/2015 3:17 PM

well if the odsy chain is made by kmc and the cult chain made by pyc, then it does matter, doesnt it?

|

wallride a bus everyday

1/10/2019 10:52 AM

KMC 510. They are harder, more stiff, more prone to snap, creepy noises from my ideal drivetrain. I snapped it dozen of times during last 10 years. I dont like it but I run it now because PYC510HX was not available
PYC510HX tends to strech more at the begining, its much more smooth and elastic. But much more less prone to snap. I love it.

1. ignore the brands on the chain, get the type of chain that will work best for you.
Answer is simple 510hx, who would get 410h or 410 if price doesnt count? Why should I get not mushroomed pins and have weak links? Unless you use exotic things like 3/32" or moto chains the anwer is simple

2. Choose brand/manufacturer as the difference is there.

1+2

|

1/10/2019 10:53 AM

both are ACE, best chains.

|

1/10/2019 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/10/2019 11:05 AM

No no NO NO NO

*slams hand on Table*

NO

|

1/10/2019 11:10 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

No no NO NO NO

*slams hand on Table*

NO

|

1/10/2019 11:18 AM

Photo
|

1/10/2019 11:20 AM

Oh shit you’re Polish. My earlier post was inappropriate.

|

1/10/2019 11:21 AM

How do you fucks even find these threads? I rarely go past the second page.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/10/2019 11:27 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Google.

|

1/10/2019 11:29 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

jbales wrote:

Google.

in Poland? NOT BLOODY LIKELY M8

|

1/10/2019 11:34 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Google.

Also, the forum search function has no regard for how old a post is.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/10/2019 11:38 AM

google. wow this forum is not dead smile
couldnt stand Maxiumus "just get the TYPE of the chain".
nothing else. NO NO NO
HITLER

|

1/10/2019 11:41 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

Google.

Also, the forum search function has no regard for how old a post is.

I guess the last defense is functioning eyes and a brain.

|

1/10/2019 11:45 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

I guess the last defense is functioning eyes and a brain.

People with both of those in combination are few and far between these days...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/10/2019 12:03 PM

What's wrong with digging SOME old threads when there is something to add / if you strongly discagree with e.g. missleading information? Im not making up 5 posts... with "WOW" or "NICE THREAD" to get some posts count points.
Is it better to create a new redundant thread, or then the 'search' police will find and pushing me? I find locking 6m old posts = HITLERIm not here everyday, what's wrong if Im here once a year and add something? Wrong just because 7 or 8 drives someone crazy, and only 9 (2019) is accepted? Im old and no idea wtf.. really

|

1/10/2019 1:26 PM

Erenes_Rns wrote:

What's wrong with digging SOME old threads when there is something to add / if you strongly discagree with e.g. missleading ...more

It's not that big of a deal, and nobody was calling you Hitler. It's a meme from a movie. Its just the issue of answering a question out of nowhere that was answered 3 years ago. Chances are, the issue is irrelevant by now.

You're allowed to do whatever you want, there's just an element of forum etiquette. That's all.

|