Cult Bboy/ Deathrow

Related:
Create New Tag

9/25/2013 12:03 PM

Who's had problems with these frames?

B BOY V2- Headset bearings do not fit, talked to cult...the said the same . Also, which USA builder is doing these now because its not FBM, I talked to them as well

Deathrow- BB is oval...bottom bracket is definitely not going in.

These frames are brand new, I wanted a chrome frame with this geo and both didn't work. Disappointed .

Anyone else experience issues, please let me know..

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/25/2013 1:58 PM

Apparently quality went down so badly.
I heard about them moving on from Solid and FBM, that's sad.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

9/25/2013 2:07 PM

Sucks because there is no other company with chrome frames and the same geo or close. Seems as if Im gonna have to go with something else and have a shop by me paint it. FBM did offer to help me out by doing work on the headtube so the bearings would fit...I figure with the problems now, I may as well return it and find something that works from the start. I cant ride at the moment so this was keeping me occupied. Always wanted to build an entire chrome bike...with all the polish parts now available its possible to achieve it unfortunately, I'll have to wait on a new frame for this.

May just wait for that JJ Fiend frame and chrome it Geo is just about the same but better with a higher standover...To bad the wifi doesnt have a higher standover, I love my marv

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

9/25/2013 2:19 PM

Shit man I feel ya.
I'd just avoid the Cult frame.
If I were you I'd give the JJ a try.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

9/25/2013 5:37 PM

Ive never had a problem with my deathrow, its the V1 and its held up good

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/25/2013 6:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/25/2013 6:56 PM

I have a Deathrow v1 and its also holding up great^^ I have had 3 frames from Solid and they are always a tight fit ( BB ) just grease the inside and beat them in with a block of wood and a hammer.

Edit: accidental smiley? haha

|

9/25/2013 6:48 PM

I feel you on that, I to have had one to many fair shares of defected parts in my years of riding. Fucking sucks man...

|

9/25/2013 6:49 PM

The earlier versions Im hearing were a lot better . Ive built up over 20 different frames...its not going in . Even looking at you can see its not perfect.

I have Fiend frame solid built and its one of my favorite frames. Was hoping the deathrow would be comparable . Ideally I did like the B Boy more, headtube design and bb...The B boY also has branded into the seatclamp and seatstay bridge... In the end I didnt care, was just hoping one would work. Sucks. Im gonna look into getting frame I like chrome plated near me...if possible.

|

REFS-

9/26/2013 10:08 AM

With the disappointments of these frames Ive decided to chrome a Marv frame. I ride one now and am extremely happy with it. Thought about just getting the wifi but I do prefer the taller standover height.

To chrome it out isnt cheap but I know there will be no regrets when riding it.

Gonna take about 4 weeks but when finished I'll have pics up.

|

REFS-

9/26/2013 12:18 PM

well shit i ordered a badboy v2 from albes last week... it says on the website its still made by FBM i hope i didnt get a defective one. I had a benny and cracked a weld on the seatstay, so i figured i would try a totally new geo since i couldnt warranty the bbenny (bought it from a friend with no proof of purchase so fit wont warranty it)
now im worried

|

9/26/2013 12:33 PM

killjonken wrote:

well shit i ordered a badboy v2 from albes last week... it says on the website its still made by FBM i hope i didnt get a ...more

I talked to FBM, I was told they havent made frames for Cult in 2-3 years. You will have the headset problem possibly. Seems as if everyone Ove talked to from cult has said the same where the bearing sits higher then normally. In mine, it sat on the inner diameter of the headtube. It did not sit in the cups as its supposed too. I was told to ride it this way and if the headtube should ovalize I would be sent a new one. I really wanted this frame, no hate on Cult but its seems to be an issues and nothing has been done about it. Maybe Im over stating it...maybe not all the frames have it as bad as mine. Post back when you get yours, mine are being returned. My 2nd Marv frame was ordered today and Im hoping to have it shipped out to be repainted next week. Its costing me as much as a frame but If I were to build a custom, the Marv is the closest to what I want. Would be nice to have a higher standover. If all goes well and I like the final product, I'll probably do a JJ frame to for difference preferences of riding.

Most likely, your frame is built by Quamen. I was hoping the Deathrow which was made by Solid would be equal in quality to the first Fiend frames however, my bottom bracket is slightly oval. The headtube however fits the bearings perfectly.

Goodluck, hopefully you have no issues.

|

REFS-

9/26/2013 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2013 12:45 PM

killjonken wrote:

well shit i ordered a badboy v2 from albes last week... it says on the website its still made by FBM i hope i didnt get a ...more

The Horror Contact wrote:

I talked to FBM, I was told they havent made frames for Cult in 2-3 years. You will have the headset problem possibly. Seems ...more

wow man thats insane i am very annoyed the whole reason i bout a bboy was because i thought it was made by fbm and i liked the geo also i have always had a fit frame and wanted to try something new. Even if i do not have any issue i still feel ripped off because i bought it believing it was made by FBM. www.albes.com/cultbadboyframe.aspx
Also if i have the same issue you did do i return to albes/ will they refund me? or would i have to deal with cult and would they give me a refund or would i have to just get another bboy. I am currently in college paying for school myself and all my bike shit myself i would be screwed if i cant get a refund.

|

9/26/2013 12:55 PM

andyferly wrote:

Hey Andy,
Apparently you heard wrong. FBM stopped making frames for cult because we lost a welder, big dave moved with to Providence at the time and could not handle Cult frame production as well as our own. It had nothing to do with the quality of our frames. I can't speak for what they do with Solid.

|

9/26/2013 1:05 PM

I though it was an FBM build as well, and with their quality I couldnt figure out how an issues like this would happen...So I called Cult who told me to just ride it..etc and then FBM. FBM said I could send the frame to them and they could try to fix the problem form $25. The b Boy is a nicer frame, has more detail..The seat stay brace and seatclamp have CULT branded on to it(if thats the correct description) where the name raises up.. The Deathrow had none.

I say when first getting , do nothing to the frame. Just grab a headset bearing and see if it fits in the frame. The bb on the B Boy frame was a little better then the deathrow...bearings should fit with force.

You can either call albes and address the issue and hope they give no problems on returning it or, just sent it back as a normal return, get a refund and lose a few bucks with whatever it costs to ship it back back. I have no doubts the OS frame which is a Taiwan made frame is probably flawless out of all of them. To bad they didnt raise the standover. Thats has an 8.75 the others are 9. To some, most wont feel that difference.

Im set, if Im going for an all american made frame, its with S&M/FIT or FBM...not through a different company deal unless its fully guaranteed these 2 are involved.

|

REFS-

9/26/2013 1:16 PM

I called Albes and the guy I spoke believes that the frame I bought was one of the leftover fbm ones.. I hope this is true however he said if there are any issues I can send it back and they will figure something Albes for the win!

|

9/26/2013 1:20 PM

andyferly wrote:

John@fbmbmx wrote:

Hey Andy,
Apparently you heard wrong. FBM stopped making frames for cult because we lost a welder, big dave moved with to ...more

i think he meant that when cult switched away from having you guys do that frame the quality of the frame went down..

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!