Cult Butter Pegs vs. Primo Binary PL Pegs

Related:
Create New Tag

12/8/2013 9:21 PM

I am looking a picking up a new set of pegs. I have been riding 4 Shadow little ones for around 3 seasons, and its time to retire them, as they are thin, bent and starting to crack. I rode the slicker sleeves over them for a little while and I'm digging the plastic trend. Unfortunately i cracked and destroyed 2 of the sleeves, so I'm looking at the Cult Butters or the Primo Binary PL pegs.

I have heard some bad things about the Primos (crack easy), but AK and other riders are still on them. I haven't heard anything about the Cult Butters so far, but I am leaning towards them because they have a chromoly inner core and come with an extra sleeve. Price also isn't to much of an issue.

I usually at my local park or riding rails around town, due to all the street ledges being capped. Grinding is a big part of my riding.

So if you have tried either, please let me know.
Thanks.

|

12/8/2013 10:11 PM

Primo Binary pegs have held up for me pretty well so far no complaints

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

12/8/2013 10:42 PM

if you grind a lot, I'd personally stay away from pc pegs or pc sleeved pegs. just me though, out of those two I'd say the Cult just because it has a chromoly core. Also heard good things about the Eclat pegs too.

Myself, I just stick to steel Animal pegs

|

12/8/2013 11:57 PM

i have the butters and they slide great hold up pretty good to ruff ledges but my back sleeve is cracked idk how or why but it is and my friend rides the primos and theyhave been good so far dont even looked used

|

LIFE BEHIND BARS

12/9/2013 12:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/9/2013 12:54 AM

I have had both and am currently running 4 primo plastics. If i were you i'd get the butters because of the chromoly core. You can rock them without the plastic if you ever want and they don't chip, deform and crack like the primo ones

|

12/9/2013 9:17 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

if you grind a lot, I'd personally stay away from pc pegs or pc sleeved pegs. just me though, out of those two I'd say the Cult just because it has a chromoly core. Also heard good things about the Eclat pegs too.

Myself, I just stick to steel Animal pegs

Appreciate the input, but I'm looking for a change. The BMX community is fairly weak in my town, and skaters scrape every inch of wax of all the ledges and rails. Loved metal in the past, but I'm ready to stop carrying around a brick of wax every session. Haha

|

12/9/2013 9:20 AM

D.M.O. wrote:

I have had both and am currently running 4 primo plastics. If i were you i'd get the butters because of the chromoly core. You can rock them without the plastic if you ever want and they don't chip, deform and crack like the primo ones

If you rode both, why did you switch back to primo?

|

12/9/2013 9:24 AM

Animal pegs are the only way. I have the butchers with the sleeves. I ride with and without the sleeves and tey're great and i've have the steel OG animal pegs. Animal pegs are da way, aha.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

12/9/2013 10:09 AM

Not really digging the aluminum cores. Couple buddies ride them with sleeves, and they wore out quick! Best bet is the Cult Butter Pegs. Can't go wrong with steel and 2 sleeves.

|