Cult Gum Tires Review

Related:
Create New Tag

12/15/2013 6:44 PM

Ever since these tires dropped and i saw some bikes with em i had always wanted them. Mainly because squeaky tires make me horny. Idk why but they do. They dont squeak as much as they do when Alex Kennedy rode them so that was kind of a bummer. I know it is weird i like that noise but it makes me feel happy. haha I didnt just buy them because of the color, or the wonderful noises, i bought them to be slick, grippy tires.

They dont grip that well. It really really depends on the surface. If you are in a concrete bowl going fast, they stick like glue. If you are riding wood, they slide a lot. Street it is 50/50. Sometimes they are good and others they arent. They are like having butter on your tires when wet. Kinda fun tho. haha They dont grip horribly though. I actually like the way they grip. I give them a 7/10

The color. This is the big selling point for a lot of people. And personally i only like how the 2.35 looks. For some reason they are a better shade of yellow. They look better kinda dirty but really suck when they pick up a lot of dust. It then becomes a Tokyo drift tire on smooth concrete. I did happen to get compliments for my "dope" tires. For the color i give the 2.35 a 9/10 and the 2.2 an 8/10

The durability. This is the part of the tire i really hate. The 2.2 is stronger because it is a lot slicker and there is less stuff to be torn off. I knew as soon as winter rolled around i would get a ton of stuff stuck in these tires. My point on this was proven. I got shit from salt, cinders, wood bits, and a nail that ended my day of riding. They have a pretty soft rubber compound so what can you expect? For durability i give them a 5/10

Overall i havent hated these tires. They could be better though. 8/10

If you live in a place with no crappy weather i think these are great. If not they arent the best.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/15/2013 7:02 PM

If you want your tires to squeak, wipe them down with a piece of damp cloth before riding or when you get to the park.

That's what i do with my faf, now i do it to my hawk tires and faf. My fly ruben never did squeak.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

12/15/2013 7:36 PM

I've always really liked the looks of these but I held back on getting them since I needed a good all terrain tire. If demo would do their machete in the gum color I'd hop on them so quick.

|

12/15/2013 7:38 PM

one try kid wrote:

If you want your tires to squeak, wipe them down with a piece of damp cloth before riding or when you get to the park.

That's ...more

Hmm i didnt know that. Maybe i will try that if i remember to haha i dont really care too much but i would prefer them to. haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/15/2013 7:39 PM

Fad3r wrote:

I've always really liked the looks of these but I held back on getting them since I needed a good all terrain tire. If demo ...more

They actually arent bad in dirt. I never had a problem with them on dirt.

|

12/15/2013 9:45 PM

I wanted these sooo bad. But I want durable tires , so I guess maybe Shadow Valors or Stradas for the street /squeak aspect. I know CK tires squeak pretty good.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/16/2013 5:46 AM

What about the new fit gum tires? Anyone know when are them dropping?
Also, does anyone have any review of the slick versión?

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

12/16/2013 6:11 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I wanted these sooo bad. But I want durable tires , so I guess maybe Shadow Valors or Stradas for the street /squeak aspect. I ...more

shadow stradas arent durable, also, they don't squeak, and it's easy to get pinch flats (a friend of mine rides them).
i would not recommend those

|

12/16/2013 6:44 AM

ivancuestabmx wrote:

shadow stradas arent durable, also, they don't squeak, and it's easy to get pinch flats (a friend of mine rides them).
i would ...more

This. I got a pair and didn't ride til the next weekend cause of school, and the next Saturday I had a hole in it.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/16/2013 7:45 AM

T-rider wrote:

They fit gum tires should be out sometime in spring, not sure exactly when though

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/16/2013 7:49 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I wanted these sooo bad. But I want durable tires , so I guess maybe Shadow Valors or Stradas for the street /squeak aspect. I ...more

ivancuestabmx wrote:

i would ...more

bmxfromma wrote:

This. I got a pair and didn't ride til the next weekend cause of school, and the next Saturday I had a hole in it.

mine are lasting a couple months. still no flats. but then again I'm SUPER careful

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/16/2013 10:33 AM

T-rider wrote:

handlebar-to-face wrote:

They fit gum tires should be out sometime in spring, not sure exactly when though

Okay thanks!. I want them really bad.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx