Cult Match Casstte = Female???

Related:
Create New Tag

4/20/2013 1:48 AM

People have converted the Primo mix to Female Mix, Cult match casstte is a primo mix so it should be plausable right? to make the cult match rear hub to female?

I used to run pegs but not anymore, im a park rat now, but every time i do whips sometimes i land on the rear axle and it fucking hurts, i have considered cutting down the axle but i rather be able to swap back to male axle in case i decide to do grinds again.

You guys think i could do it if so how much you reckon and would i be able to use primo mix female kit?

|

4/20/2013 1:54 AM

I don't think there is a kit to swap the mix to female. The version of it I've seen are where people have cut their axles and then drilled and tapped the axle to run female bolts.

I do remember that I thought cult was going to do a female axle kit in the future

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/20/2013 4:34 AM

Gump wrote:

I don't think there is a kit to swap the mix to female. The version of it I've seen are where people have cut their axles and ...more

i hope they do sad the axle is super long haha very unnecessary

|

4/20/2013 5:41 AM

Well if its that long cut it down. How long are the nuts on the axle?

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

4/20/2013 1:03 PM

Buy a new wheel? One for grinding and one for parks. Switch them when you get back into one other

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/20/2013 2:10 PM

|

4/20/2013 7:08 PM

the ezra wheel comes with like 3 dif axles that are like stronger for pepole with pegs or a really light axle for pegless riders

|

Save a tree

Ride a Bike...... I am an environmentalist jk hahaha

BIKE CHECK: http://www.vitalbmx.com/community/WallmartBMX,103987/setup,83842

WATCH MY NEW EDIT IM SO PROUD OF IT!!

4/20/2013 7:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/20/2013 7:40 PM

One of my friends has the og mix hub and he cut down drilled out and threaded the axle on the inside then added gsport bolts. Still runs after a year. It would work for the match if you can do it

|

4/22/2013 1:22 AM

how do i do this? what do i need for it?

|

4/22/2013 7:30 AM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

There is a separate female version of the hub you can buy.

|

Refs - Night Light(x2), TCbmx(x2), metalheadification, netty speghetti, Dee Hos, burkminipup, Jon_rides_Eastern, ridebmx34, ScramHype, Wolfen, mnsketch, EmpireMonopoly, howlerfbm, ThomasEller, ii Krxfted, zachhendrix, pcoco,

Phone - 704 - 797 - 6844

4/22/2013 8:21 AM

just do what other people have said, cut the axels down, tap the holes and get some bolts. just make sure you use the right size tap, and dont fuck it up whle tapping it

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

4/22/2013 9:30 PM

jake-loves-to-ride wrote:

If you contact Empire they'll do it. What they do is have you buy a new axle, ship it out to Ken @ Zodiac Engineering and he does work. He does A LOT of them, I'm pretty sure a few people on here had him do theirs.

If you do it yourself, I'd imagine you'd need

-Hacksaw
-Tap & Drill set of corresponding sizes (3/8" tap & idk google for correct drill bit size)
-File & thread file
-Clamp/Vice of some sort
-Measuring device
-Cutting fluid
-Bolts, G-Sports will do.

With your locknuts on the axle, measure how much axle you'd need to cut by seeing how thick your dropouts are. make sure you cut the axle to where the remaining axle will sit in your dropouts okay, but also not stick out. You don't want them to stick out otherwise you won't be able to tighten it down.

File everything nice and smooth and use the thread file to clean the threads up. Next, secure it in the drill and use a bit of cutting fluid, start off with smaller sizes so you don't jam it. work your way up to the size it needs drilled while using cutting fluid to make it easier. Be sure to ease in and out so metal shavings don't jam it either. Idk if you should drill the whole way through or not, maybe. But drill it on both sides at least enough for the bolt to thread in fully.

Next, with it still secured in the drill, start tapping it. Remember to ease in and out, and use cutting fluid. maybe damn sure it goes in straight, otherwise you'll fuck the whole thing up. Again, do this to the bolt's lengths at least. Once you're done, use an air compressor if you have access to one and blow all the metal shavings out of it. If not, just blow into it or something to get all that shit out of there.

Once you have it all cleaned out, grease the bolt threads up and thread it in a few times on both sides just to make sure everything works okay before mounting it. If everything does, go ahead and put your hub back together and ride it! if not, well then you fucked up haha.

I've never actually done it myself, but that's how I would guess it is. It seems like that anyway, hopefully this helps.

|