Cult Match Rim

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2013 12:45 PM

Hi I need a new rear rim and was thinking the Cult rim would be a good choice. Does any have any experince with them? I want to know the good the bad and the ugly about these rims.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Refs: SolomonGrundy!

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

4/11/2013 1:07 PM

i have the cult match rim and i have no problems

|

4/11/2013 1:18 PM

They are just Primo Balances with a different name.

|

4/11/2013 1:21 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

yes i totally agree

|

4/11/2013 1:26 PM

BMX_Forever wrote:

bmx cult02 wrote:

yes i totally agree

They are deffintley not Primo balance rims. They are shaped different, have different spoke spacing, and different weight. And the Primo balance rim is made from 7005, where the Cult rim is 6061. The match hub is the old Primo Mix, but the rims are far from the same. By the way I am only looking for a rim, I am using a freecoaster and have no plans on going back to a cassette.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

4/11/2013 1:34 PM

get the cult match rim or gsport rollcage

|

4/11/2013 3:37 PM

bmx cult02 wrote:

get the cult match rim or gsport rollcage

Or a Ribcage.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

4/11/2013 6:16 PM

Evil1_4real wrote:

They are deffintley not Primo balance rims. They are shaped different, have different spoke spacing, and different weight. And the Primo balance rim is made from 7005, where the Cult rim is 6061. The match hub is the old Primo Mix, but the rims are far from the same. By the way I am only looking for a rim, I am using a freecoaster and have no plans on going back to a cassette.

This.

Here's the Primo Balance

Photo

and here's the Cult Match

Photo

Very different in terms of looks and structure.

The Cult is also a lower profile rim, and has wider set spoke holes that should offer a stiffer wheel. They seem to be pretty good just looking at that, but I've never ridden them so I cannot say for sure.

|

4/11/2013 10:29 PM

I'd go for the cult

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/12/2013 6:17 AM

I already have a set of rollcage wheels built up. If I don't get the Cult Match rim, I may get a Alienation Runaway rim if I don't get the Cult. I have a red front Ezra wheel that I am going to use. I want a red back rim to match, and either the Ezra freecoaster or a KHE like I am riding now. Those are the only two rims I am thinking about. And thanks to SundayBMXRR for posting the pic's of the rims so everyone will know that they are far from being the same rim. Educate your self before you make a claim that any products are the same.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com

4/12/2013 9:45 AM

I just ordered the Alienation Runaway rim. I got a awesome deal on it. And since I have used them in the past I know what to expect. Thanks for eveyone who posted info about the Cult Match rim.

|

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Angrypenguin.biz

Braswellrealty.com