Cult crew frame

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2018 1:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2018 1:13 PM

|

If you ain't fallin you ain't trying.

1/27/2018 1:47 PM

Expensive for only a 1 year warranty... And pretty run of the mill geo.

|

1/27/2018 1:49 PM

Basic to say the least. Did you already crack your frame?

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

1/27/2018 2:06 PM

Lots of better frames for much less

|

1/27/2018 3:12 PM

Just because if I were to go with an off the shelf frame it’d probably be a Soundwave V2, that’s only like $40 more and imo worth it over this.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/27/2018 4:59 PM

What other frames do you guys recommend

|

1/27/2018 5:30 PM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

What other frames do you guys recommend

Sunday Soundwave

/thread

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/27/2018 5:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2018 5:47 PM

The Make Crew frame

Mutiny Comb

Eastern Thick Rhonda

Kink Whip

Eastern shovelhead

|

1/27/2018 5:58 PM

Anything from BSD, volume, and Sunday

|

1/27/2018 6:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2018 7:59 PM

Yeah... You can get an S&M frame for about the same money. Granted, I'm partial to S&M but still...

|

1/27/2018 6:17 PM

Soundwave. Its got pretty standard geo and lifetime warranty...plus wave tubing...

|

1/27/2018 6:35 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah... You can get an S&M frame for about the same money. Granted, I'm partial to S&M but still...

S&M is awesome but I don't think I could ever ride a frame without integrated chain tensioners

|

1/27/2018 6:39 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I've been looking at the ATF frame for a little. Thoughts? https://www.sandmbikes.com/product/hardgoods/frames/atf-frame-for-20-wheel/

|

1/27/2018 6:41 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

S&M is awesome but I don't think I could ever ride a frame without integrated chain tensioners

You know...as much as I love my chain tensioners, they kind of make removing your back wheel a pain. Similar to slamming the wheel. Its nice to be able to remove your back wheel without the allen or chain breaker.

I have thought about removing the set screws and running my frame without them.

I dont because they are cool as shit. Lol

As long as you are the type to carry all the necessary tools its not a huge deal but if you are a 6mm allen guy, they can be a pain. Imo

|

1/27/2018 6:58 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

NateBrown62 wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

You know...as much as I love my chain tensioners, they kind of make removing your back wheel a pain. Similar to slamming the wheel. Its nice to be able to remove your back wheel without the allen or chain breaker.

I have thought about removing the set screws and running my frame without them.

I dont because they are cool as shit. Lol

As long as you are the type to carry all the necessary tools its not a huge deal but if you are a 6mm allen guy, they can be a pain. Imo

I don't run the chain tight. Most of the time I can turn them by hand

|

1/27/2018 7:24 PM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

I've been looking at the ATF frame for a little. Thoughts? https://www.sandmbikes.com/product/hardgoods/frames/atf-frame-for-20-wheel/

ATF is definitely nicer than the cult frame, S&M is the way to go

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

1/27/2018 7:49 PM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

That’s a pretty sweet frame.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

1/27/2018 8:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2018 8:00 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

I don't think you could go wrong with any S&M frame... So long as the geo is right for you.

|

1/27/2018 8:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2018 8:11 PM

I like the BB height + SO height + CS length, but like others said the price is a bit much. Probably the only person here who kinda likes it. Just “kinda”.

|

1/27/2018 10:51 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I don't think you could go wrong with any S&M frame... So long as the geo is right for you.

Yea the daggers are pretty sweet too

|

1/27/2018 11:10 PM

Cult are known to be a little over priced. But they're good frames, pretty solid. And the geometry sounds pretty good to me.
The atf is a pretty rad frame.

Decide what geometry you want, see if a brand you like make a frame that suits what you want, support the brands you like.

Buy an fbm

|

1/28/2018 1:22 AM

FBM FTW

|

@coupd_tat

1/28/2018 6:24 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Cult are known to be a little over priced. But they're good frames, pretty solid. And the geometry sounds pretty good to me.
The atf is a pretty rad frame.

Decide what geometry you want, see if a brand you like make a frame that suits what you want, support the brands you like.

Buy an fbm

That's true there are so many frame makers and most are pretty high quality with very few stories of snapping since companies went away from weight weenie frames it's all about which makes the one that suites you and your riding

|

1/28/2018 8:29 AM

Wait, what do chain tensioners do???

|

1/28/2018 8:32 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

They push your wheel back in the dropouts until your chain tension is right.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

1/28/2018 8:37 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

They can also be used to make your wheel perfectly centered.

|

1/28/2018 8:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 8:39 AM

Ok Thanks

|

1/28/2018 8:41 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

Make your life super easy... I'll say this, I will never buy a frame without them... especially if you run brakes, it helps ALOT, so you can get your wheel perfect and get your tire to clear the brake arms so the tire dosent rub on the brake arms...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

1/28/2018 8:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2018 9:03 AM

Its trey Jones frame being rebranded. I think it's kind of bullshit, instead of putting it on sale, they just rename it. Cult frames are solid though, straight guage tubing, no gimmicks or nonsense. Just a solid frame. Will hold up just as well, or better than any other frame. I've heard bsds flex a lot, cults don't seem to have that problem. I guess that's why they're a little heavier. I love my hawk v2. It has pretty much the same geo. I guarantee this is trey Jones old frame, with a new paint job. The geo is exactly the same, seems unnecessary, because the hawk is basically the same thing. They should have just scraped that geo.

|

1/28/2018 9:11 AM

SKKRRT SKRRT wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

They can also be used to make your wheel perfectly centered.

And to "tension a chain".

|