Cult deathrow. Made in USA?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2017 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2017 10:42 AM

Anyone know anything about these cranks? Are they any good? Who makes them? Pretty sure it's not cult. Haven't been able to find any reviews. I guess they can't be t hat great because they are discontinued. I just got a pair, and am trying to decide wether I want to use them, or sell them, and just use my fit indent 19mm. What cranks do you think are better. I love my fits, and have only been on them a couple months so they are basically new. The deathrows are a little older, but in decent shape as far as I can tell. I'm most likely selling one pair. Just need some help deciding? I'm leaning towards the cult only because they match my new frame and forks. Cult hawk, cult sect ic v2s, and whatnot.

|

6/27/2017 11:41 AM

They are US made, my guess would be by Solid since they are the ones who produced the Deathrow frames for Cult.

|

6/27/2017 4:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2017 4:32 PM

Yep solid made the cranks. Solid stopped making them not sure why. They are nice cranks though i have a set.

|

brakeless maniac

6/28/2017 3:50 PM

Didn't solid go out of business? That probably had something to do with it. Decided to keep.them for a while, since they match the rest of my bike. I'll probably keep the indents too for a back up. I like them too much to get rid of them lol.

|

6/28/2017 4:37 PM

Solid didn't go out of business, now they just sell do-it-yourself frame, crank, and fork components. They just quit making whole frames and parts. Last time I checked at least.

|

6/28/2017 11:20 PM

They're sick cranks ! No gimmicks . Just good shit . USA made too .

I'm riding a Cult stem and rear hub currently and they've been good .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

6/29/2017 2:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/29/2017 2:56 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

They're sick cranks ! No gimmicks . Just good shit . USA made too .

I'm riding a Cult stem and rear hub currently and they've ...more

Yeah I've also got a mind control stem, and member v2 sprocket. Not sure about the stem, but I know the sprocket is made in the USA, and it's 9mm thick 7075. Indestructible.

|

6/30/2017 9:35 PM

SquirrelBait wrote:

Solid didn't go out of business, now they just sell do-it-yourself frame, crank, and fork components. They just quit making ...more

Correct. Aaron stopped full fledged production and is now sticking to smaller things after making a decision for his family to move out of California. Although many were upset and sad to see solid go you have to do what you have to do. Limited fabrications in the UK uses solids tubesets, dropouts and even crank parts in making his custom parts, and Dave from pedal driven cycles uses alot of frame bits from Aaron in production of his frames as well.

|