Cult free coaster problem

Related:
Create New Tag

7/23/2014 6:21 AM

The others day I took apart my free coaster and put it back together. I was riding it when the wheel came loose due to the lock nit. I took my wheel off to tighten it and after that it was ridiculously hard to crank forwards or backwards. It doesn't matter what I do It still happens. What's my problem?

|

7/23/2014 6:31 AM

probably drive side cone nut is too tight pinching the driver between it and the bearing.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/23/2014 6:51 AM

tomdon wrote:

probably drive side cone nut is too tight pinching the driver between it and the bearing.

Yeah, that happened to a friend of mine but it wasn't with the Cult coaster.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/24/2014 7:41 AM

I've been through this problem multiple times with the freecoaster. Do you have the female or male axel? And also what happens is your lock nut can get stripped out and then when you tighten your back wheel it just pushes up against the driver bearing. I would take your lock nut off and see if its stripped or not and if it is, you found your problem

|

7/24/2014 7:54 AM

Most likely whats been said, ive done it myself! You want the lock nut just a bit tighter than finger tight. Also make sure you have the spacer for the bearing

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

7/25/2014 1:10 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

Most likely whats been said, ive done it myself! You want the lock nut just a bit tighter than finger tight. Also make sure ...more

What everyone said + this.

Your driver is getting pinched.

Also make sure the internals are in the correct order. I've had a rogue washer get out of place and cause issues.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/28/2014 4:20 PM

ifufanu wrote:

I've been through this problem multiple times with the freecoaster. Do you have the female or male axel? And also what happens ...more

I stripped 3 locking nuts in a month on my federal v2 at first I couldn't work out why I though it was just the bearings

|