Cult match freecoaster / cult match fa freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2013 2:02 PM

What does FA mean and what's the difference? Is one stronger or something? Looking to buy a freecoaster and would like some more info.

|

Im 15 years old, I suck at BMX, I live in Texas.

That's all.

11/17/2013 2:22 PM

LOL It means female axle. Get whatever one you prefer.

|

I have 75 cool points and 5 awesome points

Buy/Sell Refs: Showtime402, fsearles, ticaleb, howlerfbm (x2), irideafly, the balt (x2), MrHavoc1988. dprc

11/17/2013 2:31 PM

^^ that. Female is technically stronger but i mean male has been the standard for years and nobody really had problems with it.. FA is just alot cleaner.. so again just whichever you prefer.. Id go with male because its easier to get the bolts if one stripped.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

11/17/2013 2:36 PM

its a shemale i think, only got 3/8ths bolts so id go match if you grind, its what i did

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

11/17/2013 2:42 PM

Those Male bolts that bolt in the inside of the male axle slot are so weak usually. I snapped one tightening it once. It is good if you have dropouts that are thicker than 5mm tho. You cant run em with 4mm, but can with 5mm, but 6 and up is ideal. And if they break off, you cant get that shut out because the part is stuck inside of the axle.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/17/2013 4:02 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Those Male bolts that bolt in the inside of the male axle slot are so weak usually. I snapped one tightening it once. It is good if you have dropouts that are thicker than 5mm tho. You cant run em with 4mm, but can with 5mm, but 6 and up is ideal. And if they break off, you cant get that shut out because the part is stuck inside of the axle.

Sure you can.

Use an Easy Out.

And females are a stronger axle because it is shorter. Shorter axle = less leverage from pegs etc which = less stress.

Get better bolts.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura