Cult tubing rant

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2013 7:44 PM

I've noticed that a lot of people talk shit about how cult is just rebranding generic parts and stuff. Now that they're finally doing something unique, I see so many people talking shit. Don't get me wrong, I think the new tubing looks ugly as hell but it irritates me to see people saying that cult is a generic company and then turning around and making fun of them for doing something different. Whether it's aesthetically pleasing or not, you gotta admit at least they're doing something new.

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

11/21/2013 7:46 PM

I had the same thought but didn't feel like making a thread

|

11/21/2013 7:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2013 7:47 PM

Using shitty tubing that's intended for bus handrails isn't really doing anything new. If I shoved dog shit in my seat tube and claimed it made my frame stronger, would you call it innovation?

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/21/2013 7:52 PM

cult's a failure. first, they do it wrong by making shitty generic products
then they do it wrong by making an uglyass product and calling it innovation. sure, it's something new and different, but it's still shit...and that's not gonna win my respect.

you either innovate and make your innovations good, or get the fuck out the industry

|

This week's Sweet Shoutout goes to: biggybuggy!

11/21/2013 7:53 PM

crazyclark wrote:

then they do it wrong by making an uglyass product ...more

didn't read any of this besides "get the fuck out of the industry"

why don't you do the same, get the fuck out

|

11/21/2013 7:55 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Using shitty tubing that's intended for bus handrails isn't really doing anything new. If I shoved dog shit in my seat tube ...more

The tubing is new on bikes, or at least I haven't seen it on any before. And keep in mind that people probably thought Sundays wave tubing was weird and shit. Not saying it's totally accepted but people don't freak out about it. The way I see it it'll either bring about newer innovations or it'll die out like a lot of "innovative" parts. Either way, I go back to my original point: people have double standards when it comes to cult

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

11/21/2013 7:55 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

didn't read any of this besides "get the fuck out of the industry"

why don't you do the same, get the fuck out

i'm entitled to my own opinion.

|

11/21/2013 7:57 PM

Some of you guys are so quick to judge on the Cult tubing.

Maybe they sprinkled unicorn pee on the tubes making them stronger.

Imagine if some Saudi Arabian Prince decides to put a diamond on each dent.

#mostexpensiveframeever

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

11/21/2013 7:58 PM

crazyclark wrote:

There are better ways if saying your opinion than that

|

-HardBMX_Tim

11/21/2013 8:01 PM

crazyclark wrote:

never said you were or were not, I just think you should get the fuck out of here trollboy

|

11/21/2013 8:04 PM

bmxfromma wrote:

The tubing is new on bikes, or at least I haven't seen it on any before. And keep in mind that people probably thought Sundays ...more

At least with Sunday's wave tubing, you could actually see what they were trying to do. Tighter radius bends = harder to dent. But Cult is just taking tubing that you can literally find on bus handrails and trying to call it innovation. In fact, here is OTX Design's opinion on it (Stolen from Bikeguide):

[LINK TO IMAGE]

I've never really been a fan of Cult. Thought they've been making a comeback but I've lost faith. Along with the new tubing, they're proud of their forks taking 100,000 cycles at 650N, when Odyssey tested their forks at 4000N and they went for over 2 million cycles and still didn't break.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

11/21/2013 8:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2013 8:19 PM

even if the cult tubing was significantly stronger, it still looks ridiculously ugly. function is important, but so are aesthetics

think about it. if you had an ugly bitch (or guy for me), but she's amazingly good at pleasuring your penis, would you still let her fuck you? i sure as hell wouldn't..she/he might be functional, but if she's ugly, it's a no from me!

|

11/21/2013 8:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2013 8:16 PM

It's not that. Not how I see it. If it actually were something innovative then you would be seeing a different reaction among people. Being unique isn't enough. It won't automatically gain support from everyone just because it's new. New crap like this has to be put through it's paces. All we have for now are speculations.. and mine are yelling GIMMICK. ..so far..

and the pics i post are for shits n giggles. As for people's actual opinions.. why would you let that shit get to you in the first place?

who cares.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/21/2013 8:14 PM

I would rather have a ding than an ugly bike.

|

11/21/2013 8:18 PM

I don't get why people are so mad about it, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Who cares.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

11/21/2013 8:18 PM

crazyclark wrote:

You realize 90% of companies aren't innovative really at all? name your top 5 companies, I bet none of them have done anything truly different

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

11/21/2013 8:22 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

You realize 90% of companies aren't innovative really at all? name your top 5 companies, I bet none of them have done anything ...more

i agree with you. most companies sure as hell aren't innovative. but unlike cult, they're not in the industry for the money. banned is fucking broke and they're still able to produce dvds and host banned in the backyard. other companies, like fbm, do it for the love of bmx. and even if other companies aren't innovating, their products sure as hell look cooler. take the bone deth creepozoid frame...it looks way better than a plain black frame with a cult slipper slapped on it.

|

11/21/2013 8:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2013 8:25 PM

Eastern is doing hydroformed chain stays with E3 welding. It looks pretty cool.

|

11/21/2013 8:25 PM

Personally i have nothing against cult, i actually think theu really stepped it up with all their new parts and are becoming a really legit company and getting away from their generic image. as far as their new tubing goes if it works then thats awsome and for some reason i think it looks pretty cool, but really only time will tell if the tubing is a success and then it can truly be called innovative if not then they just their frames a shitty lowrider bike look

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

11/21/2013 8:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2013 8:28 PM

crazyclark wrote:

i agree with you. most companies sure as hell aren't innovative. but unlike cult, they're not in the industry for the money. ...more

you're a fucktard. everything looks the same. They're made to get fucked up. and seriously gtfo. You're not fooling anyone.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$BMX$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

11/21/2013 8:32 PM

4 threads in one day. Jesus Fuck.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/21/2013 8:40 PM

crazyclark wrote:

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

You realize 90% of companies aren't innovative really at all? name your top 5 companies, I bet none of them have done anything ...more

Éclat: Hydroformed fork
Odyssey: JCPC
Odyssey: key chain
Ezara: free coster/cassette
Éclat: Jaw Rim
Éclat: new free coaster design
Odyssey: Mds
Mutant : their new cranks
WTp: Hydroformed and investment cast..

Not my favourite brands but that's all basically new

|

Bang Bang bmx

11/21/2013 8:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2013 8:47 PM

Thats right haters gonna hate. I cant fuckin w8 to get myn its so fresh I'm going to be like
Photo

|

11/21/2013 8:58 PM

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Éclat: new free coaster ...more

MDS is a guard sprocket, Macneil had it first

|

11/21/2013 8:59 PM

crazyclark wrote:

i agree with you. most companies sure as hell aren't innovative. but unlike cult, they're not in the industry for the money. ...more

But you just said if they aren't innovating, they need to gtfo the industry. Make up your damn troll mind

|

11/21/2013 9:00 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

And the pivotal seat I'm pretty sure. Macneil gets no recognition : /

|

11/21/2013 9:06 PM

Scenekid69 wrote:

And the pivotal seat I'm pretty sure. Macneil gets no recognition : /

Companies pay McNeil every time their Pivotal system is used.

|

11/21/2013 9:06 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

But you just said if they aren't innovating, they need to gtfo the industry. Make up your damn troll mind

most companies are innovative. every company is gonna have some generic products, but even one innovative product (that is actually functional and aesthetically pleasing) will be enough to win my respect.
examples of innovative products:
bone deth deadman bars, eclat jaw rim, ody jcpc, fit faf

cult, on the other hand...this new tubing is their first new thing. but it's not very good looking. new doesn't mean good.

|

11/21/2013 9:08 PM

brianoob wrote:

Companies pay McNeil every time their Pivotal system is used.

Yeah I know that but I think a lot of riders often forget that. Speaking of which can you even find macneil seats anymore? I never really see them on mail orders.

|

11/21/2013 11:33 PM

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

ThugLifeBmxRiderz wrote:

Éclat: new free coaster ...more

Collin_McClenahan wrote:

Actually Odyssey made the Odyssey Sprocket Pocket guard before that.

|