Cult vans tyres!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/14/2017 7:57 AM

Are try good and why?

|

10/14/2017 8:45 AM

I know vans shoes with the same grip absolutely suck on wet surfaces or dusty surfaces , they’re about only good for pedals I find , I wouldn’t ride those tires

|

10/14/2017 9:18 AM

They look pretty cool though...doesn't seem like the greatest design for tire treads, but im sure you could find something worse.

|

10/14/2017 11:39 AM

Photo

|

10/14/2017 3:14 PM

They slide.They stick to walls and if dry and clean they are decent on concrete.

Compared to like Maxxis Grifters they are awful

|

10/20/2017 7:41 PM

I was thinking they are good in terms of less rolling resistance.With the vans tyres there is less contact with the ground, so I'd guess you would be able to roll further.

|

10/20/2017 11:42 PM

They seem really slick on park when I rode them on a friend's bike. He was on somewhat low PSI, maybe 50 or 60, but they really, really slid. Couldn't rely on the edge of the tire to grip around quarters and transition corners like I always can on my Maxxis tires. I can imagine them only becoming more risky at higher PSI ratings, which I run.

For street, though, I don't see a major issue. I'll always run Vans on my feet, but likely never for tires.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

10/21/2017 12:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2017 12:54 PM

I run them on my Fit Benny 2, and I more or less agree with all previous statements.On dry surfaces they're fine, but dusty or wet gets slippery. Wet asphalt is fine though.

I'm a beginner and have only ridden for a few months so my experience with bowls/quarts are very modest, and never in wet conditions.

They look really nice though..

Photo

|

10/21/2017 1:04 PM

discorpia wrote:

I run them on my Fit Benny 2, and I more or less agree with all previous statements.On dry surfaces they're fine, but dusty or ...more

Chicago style.

|

10/21/2017 1:32 PM

I wasn't a fan of my green ones. Black ones might be ok -I think they use different compounds in the colored stuff.

|

10/22/2017 8:34 AM

ggallin422 wrote:

Chicago style.

Aye, even though they are more neutral now than in the photo I tend to only feel fully comfortable with parallell bars on my 21" frame.

I usually place it more by feeling/distance and then fix it to that position and it tends to end up Chicago'd a lot of times. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

|

10/23/2017 11:03 AM

I just ordered a pair from albes to replace my shadow valors. my shadow valors are only a month old and came with my subrosa letum complete.they work well on everything except brick. there is so much brick in my town and i slip out on every 180. I like the look of the vans tires and want to try em. I'll let you guys know how they feel when they come in in a few days.

|

Ride for yourself and have fun