WHICH BIKE SHOULD I GET?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/22/2016 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/22/2016 10:58 PM

Which is the better brand out of cult or flybikes in the range out of their completes? (To be honest, I still cant deside on the cult 2015 dak signature bike with a flybikes proton 2016.) Some people say Im over thinking but yea. I hear that the fly (which comes with the parts trebol) is really bad but the cult really good. With the fly being a 2016 model, and cult being the 2015, the cult is 40 dollars more cheaper. Also, the cult has a 13.65 with a 20.75 toptube and
the fly 21 toptube and 13.2 chainstay. (Im 5"7)
Does short rearend feel really uncomfortable/unstable in high speed? On the other hand, having a long rear end is really good in high speed? Like does rearend make that much of a difference? I'm gonna do some tricks with my bike, but some transportation. I also like really fast riding on the street. Is a long rearend more suitable for me or a short rear end?

|

11/22/2016 11:55 PM

Im not biased towards either brand if this helps. Dont let the model year sway your decision any first of all. We're about the same height and I rode a 20.75 top tube once and it felt amazing. It was the perfect length for me. For street I would go with a shorter back end. I ride trails and having a longer chainstay helps at high speeds in the air, thats why trail frames are longer. If I were you I would go with the Cult.

|

Smoke Drink Die

11/23/2016 12:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2016 12:52 AM

Colonydirt94 wrote:

Im not biased towards either brand if this helps. Dont let the model year sway your decision any first of all. We're about the ...more

Thanks for your opinion man. Really appreciate it. I also hear that having a longer rearend makes a more comfortable ride in high speed.

|

11/23/2016 12:56 AM

It really depends on what you'll be riding. And if you'll be growing much more. The bb height will also have an affect on how stable it is. Personally, I'd go with the fly. You don't have to have your wheel slammed if you want a little longer on the rear end. You could probably run it at an actual length of 13.5ish. If the bb is around 11.6 it would be a good all rounder. To me the cult would feel too short at the front, but the rear would be nice and stable, again, depending on the bb height.

Both are good brands. I'd like to say you'd get more bang for your buck with the cult. But cult are a fairly expensive brand. So the fly would probably be better value with that amount of aftermarket parts

|

11/23/2016 1:32 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

It really depends on what you'll be riding. And if you'll be growing much more. The bb height will also have an affect on how ...more

Thanks alot man. I personally like the design of the cult. Also, everyone thinks the geometry of the fly is better. As you mentioned, I am still growing. As spec wise, probably a little more to the cult? I dont know. But everyone hates the brand "trebol" which is mostly used in fly makes me really hesitant towards my desicion. Price wise, the cult was almost 200 dollars expensive judging on the price when it first came out. But now, the cult is 40 dollars more cheaper.

|

11/23/2016 1:51 AM

In another topic you made I already had advised you on the flybikes, why ? To make it short, 21" will suit you more, because you are tall and still growing.
For the chainstays lenght you seem so worry about, 13.25" is better, because you'll run your wheel around 13.5" which is the perfect "do it all" lenght.
And for "really fast riding on the street" I bet you wouldn't even feel the difference between those both lenght.
But yeah whatever I'm not going to write a huge answer, I said it all here, in the topic you made about the same thing
About trebol parts, don't worry these are like salt parts on wethepeople bikes, not high end, but still strong enough to ride with.

|

11/23/2016 2:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/23/2016 2:15 AM

Francky wrote:

In another topic you made I already had advised you on the flybikes, why ? To make it short, 21" will suit you more, because ...more

Really sorry for making you repeat man. The topic then was only about the chainstay length. But I just wanted to make things more specific in this one. They may be some points I already talked about before but yea. Thanks for your answer though.

|