Cult x Vans grips first impression.

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2014 7:18 PM

My order came in today so the first thing I did was throw on my pair of Cult Vans grips that I got. From the start, they were difficult to put on. I don't know if it's just me; but I seem to have troubles installing Cult products, such as my Deharts. Anyway, once I got the grips on, they felt harder than grips that I had previously owned. I'm not sure if they will get softer as I break them in or what. When I first started riding, I thought they would be too hard and my hands were going to be killing me by the end of the session, but surprisingly, they felt really nice after I got used to them. They may have just felt harder to me because I was running 1 Fit grip and 1 SUPER worn down ODI longneck before putting these on. I haven't cut the flanges off yet but I plan to tonight because I do not like how they feel and they wore some of the skin off of my thumb. Not sure if that's because I haven't had flanges in a while or what.

Overall, I really like these grips so far and I am hoping that they will last a long time. I have a real problem with ripping grips, as I have ripped 1 pair of Dugans and 1 pair of ODI longnecks in the last 2-3 months. I feel like these will last longer than those though.

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

7/10/2014 7:35 PM

I got them on my Cult Control that I got about 2 and a half weeks ago, tbh I don't really like them they make my hands hurt during and after riding and they've started ripping quite a bit.

|

7/10/2014 7:46 PM

I liked them at the time but got new bars and threw the garrett reeves sunday grips on. Just to fuck around I put the old bars/grips on and holy shit, the vans grips were thick. They were pretty hard too, definitely the least favorite grip I've run

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

7/10/2014 7:52 PM

got a pair for free with my shadow sprocket idk why the mail dude gave it to me lol it obviously wasnt my name on ths package with the grips but i gave em to a friend of mine and hes had them for a little over a year now barely wore down

|

Don't tell me how to live my life!

I failed the life test...

7/10/2014 9:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2014 9:25 PM

They lasted forever... But i was so happy to be back to thin soft grips.

|

7/10/2014 9:40 PM

Friend has em. I asked him how he liked em. To sum up what he said, they last for ages, grip is ehhhh.

|

7/10/2014 9:43 PM

i had 2 pair. comfy but didnt last for shit

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/10/2014 9:43 PM

i had them for a bout 2 months and cut them off and threw them out the blisters were so bad couldnt handle it, and anyone have a really soft fatish grip that lasts a while?

|

7/10/2014 9:45 PM

huntsforbunz wrote:

i had them for a bout 2 months and cut them off and threw them out the blisters were so bad couldnt handle it, and anyone have ...more

chase hawks. I actually just gave away the pair i had cuz i prefer thin grips

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

7/10/2014 9:47 PM

huntsforbunz wrote:

i had them for a bout 2 months and cut them off and threw them out the blisters were so bad couldnt handle it, and anyone have ...more

animal edwins are super soft everyone says they last like two weeks but ive had mine for months and theyre just starting to wear.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

7/10/2014 9:52 PM

I love Dugans in Gum only. I do however like the vans grips. Then again, once you get man hands like me, with mainly callace, any grip will work.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

7/10/2014 9:53 PM

Got mine in today too and they seem dope , when you wear them in they feel good.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

7/11/2014 6:11 AM

Shadow2 wrote:

got a pair for free with my shadow sprocket idk why the mail dude gave it to me lol it obviously wasnt my name on ths package ...more

So, rather than give them back to the mailman, you just opened up a package that wasn't yours and kept them?wassat
That's real cool of you. Some poor sole didnt get their grips and prob had a headache dealing with it all cuz you decided to steal them.

|

7/11/2014 7:22 AM

Shadow2 wrote:

got a pair for free with my shadow sprocket idk why the mail dude gave it to me lol it obviously wasnt my name on ths package ...more

dirtydog wrote:

So, rather than give them back to the mailman, you just opened up a package that wasn't yours and kept them?wassat
That's real cool ...more

Oh no. They could probably be a free thing, and they're only grips. But grips! This is horrible! Someone doesn't have their ten dollar grips! Get the tampon outta your ass.

|

7/11/2014 7:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2014 7:30 AM

biggybuggy wrote:

Oh no. They could probably be a free thing, and they're only grips. But grips! This is horrible! Someone doesn't have their ...more

$10 or not, grips or not, still theft and childish, but then again, he prob is only a child...
Free? Nope, he said package had diff name on it.
Posting up on the boards stating you willingly took something that isn't yours = dumbass.

Def not selling to nor buying from people like that!
That tampon is called old wise age.

|

7/11/2014 7:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2014 7:37 AM

dirtydog wrote:

That's real cool ...more

biggybuggy wrote:

Oh no. They could probably be a free thing, and they're only grips. But grips! This is horrible! Someone doesn't have their ...more

dirtydog wrote:

$10 or not, grips or not, still theft and childish, but then again, he prob is only a child...
Free? Nope, he said package ...more

then again im probably older than you and i really dont care its grips 10$ you can make that selling lemonade k? and its not like i buy or sell on here

|

7/11/2014 7:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2014 7:44 AM

Shadow2 wrote:

then again im probably older than you and i really dont care its grips 10$ you can make that selling lemonade k? and its not ...more

Possible, but I doubt it. If so, pretty freaking pathetic. I guess your that type of guy. Congrats.

I'm through with this guy.

|

7/11/2014 7:49 AM

dirtydog wrote:

Possible, but I doubt it. If so, pretty freaking pathetic. I guess your that type of guy. Congrats.

I'm through with this ...more

okay.

|