Cult's "$mall Talk"... Online vs DVD release

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2014 10:11 AM

So it pretty awesome to see the Cult $mall Talk video beginning to drop online today... But I couldn't help from feeling a bit teased. I was expecting to buy the thing on DVD and watch it in all of it's glory, now I have to patiently wait in anticipation for god knows how long until each section drops. It's awesome that they're putting it out there for free, and reaching more people in the process, but I love the feeling of sitting down with your buds and enjoying a full-length video... Something that's becoming more and more of a rarity today.

|

1/22/2014 10:23 AM

I get what you're saying, and I like watching full videos as well. However, in the nicest way possible, I'd never buy a video of just AM guys but I will definitely watch it online.

|

1/22/2014 11:02 AM

Why bother sitting in front of a TV designed to present full HD theater-quality movies just to watch a bmx video? BMX needs to step up their production game if they want dollars for a DVD.

A bunch of dudes rolling around on skateboards filming their buds doing tricks? No. I'll watch that crap on Facebook, Youtube, and Vimeo.

|

1/22/2014 11:49 AM

I never really buy sporting videos on DVD... Only movies and series get purchased on DVD. They're meant for the bigscreen. If anything, BMX vids are meant to be watched back on your phone, the same way that they're recorded tongue

|

1/22/2014 12:18 PM

Agree with you on the DVD thing I've got like 25 DVDs right now and the road fools box set I have lots of DVDs to occupy the time usually order a DVD every time I get parts online

|

1/22/2014 5:43 PM

Fondue wrote:

Why bother sitting in front of a TV designed to present full HD theater-quality movies just to watch a bmx video? BMX needs to step up their production game if they want dollars for a DVD.

A bunch of dudes rolling around on skateboards filming their buds doing tricks? No. I'll watch that crap on Facebook, Youtube, and Vimeo.

This! The biggest thing is we need to step away from this sd shit! Im not gonna pay 10-20 dollars for a video that looks like shit! (talking to you deadline!) With how big tvs are any more its almost impossible to watch anything below 720p.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

1/22/2014 5:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2014 5:56 PM

Fondue wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

This! The biggest thing is we need to step away from this sd shit! Im not gonna pay 10-20 dollars for a video that looks like shit! (talking to you deadline!) With how big tvs are any more its almost impossible to watch anything below 720p.

Deadline is worth watching at least once a week, in whatever definition

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

1/22/2014 6:09 PM

Fondue wrote:

DeviantBMX123 wrote:

Just wait until 4K TVs are the norm. Ain't no way, no how I'm going to pay for a damn DVD that looks like crap.

|