Custom Build Help

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2016 2:43 PM

I need help with picking out parts. I am going to go for a free coaster, I ride a mix of street, park and rarely trails. I was wondering if anybody would have the time to create a of list of parts for me. My budget is 900-1000CDN (Give or take a small bit). I would like to try and run gyro brakes with a lever that sticks out a bit further to make bar spins easier. I just got into bmx a couple of months ago and I decided to buy a new bike because I enjoy riding bmx. The part list wont need to be perfect, I can swap some stuff out, I just am not sure how to divide up my budget.

|

12/31/2016 7:23 PM

What parts do you already have? F/F already costs upwards of 500 and a freecoaster rear is 200 easy. That isnt even including cranks, bars, front wheel, a (good) gyro setup and other odds and ends which will definitely total over 300. My brake setup alone cost over 150.

|

1/2/2017 10:30 PM

Super-Pawl wrote:

What parts do you already have? F/F already costs upwards of 500 and a freecoaster rear is 200 easy. That isnt even including ...more

I have no parts, like I said I can compromise and get cheaper parts. And thanks for the reply

|

1/3/2017 5:51 AM

I would get this complete
https://www.danscomp.com/products/102778/2017_United_Valentino_FC_Bike_(Alex_Valentino).html

and add
https://www.danscomp.com/products/510003/Odyssey_G3_Detangler.html

the bike already comes with a brake set up, so the second link is for the gyro with all the cables. If you set them up right your brakes will work just fine. Best of all you'll stay in your budget.

|

It’s all bmx

1/3/2017 5:57 AM

Post your credit card info.
And we'll buy all the parts for you?
What a great deal man.
Or you can buy all odyssey parts

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

1/3/2017 5:09 PM

amant20 wrote:

I need help with picking out parts. I am going to go for a free coaster, I ride a mix of street, park and rarely trails. I was ...more

I generally spend about $1500 building a custom.
The best bang for your buck might be going with the Gary Young Special Complete. Off of DansComp.
I'm getting one for this summer. The thing is damn near bomb proof with the parts it comes with.
The Hazard Lite a Wheels with the Clutch hub was a major selling point for me.
Also, if you get a promo code for DANS you could potentially save 150-200 bucks on the complete.

As far as parts for building.
I would stick with companies like Odyssey, MADERA, Shadow, Profile, Demolition, Primo, Eclat. To name a few.

|

1/3/2017 6:05 PM

I would check around eBay. I built up a Benny 3 frame, with all custom parts for around $500 usd. I like it a lot better than the stock complete, and mine was cheaper to build. I also got a few things, in the Dan's comp sale section. If you don't mind parts that are a year or 2 old, and your not too picky, you can build up a nice bike pretty cheap. I didn't pay full price for anything, but if I did, would be over $900 US dollars.

|

1/3/2017 7:13 PM

Don't even bother looking at US sites. Not worth buying from the US right now with our shitty exchange rate, plus ridiculous shipping costs, and getting to pay Canadian sales taxes on everything.

|