Custom Building BMX Help

Related:
Create New Tag

7/18/2018 1:35 PM

Hi guys,

Getting back into BMX’n after years of not riding and looking to custom build my bike however not too sure how to go about it with whats the best parts/for price.

I like the BSD frames but not settled if you guys know any good ones? im 6’1 so probably a 21”?

Thanks for any help

|

7/18/2018 2:04 PM

Blair_Haggarty98 wrote:

Hi guys,

Getting back into BMX’n after years of not riding and looking to custom build my bike however not too sure how to go ...more

Welcome, Blair

First, head over to this thread that our very own Tim Hankins has created. Tim took a lot of time and effort to create this primer, so it's a great place to start.

https://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/General-BMX-Talk,2/20-Freestyle-BMX-Complete-Bike-Buying-Guide,1317909

BSD frames are definitely good enough for beginners/people getting back into the sport. Reed Stark goes huge and rides BSD stuff.

Otherwise, you're pretty spot on with the TT size being 21" for you being 6' tall. So...give that thread a read and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Plenty of very knowledgeable and good people on this forum.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/18/2018 2:08 PM

21" Sunday Soundwave Special complete

/THREAD

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/18/2018 2:22 PM

Blair_Haggarty98 wrote:

Hi guys,

Getting back into BMX’n after years of not riding and looking to custom build my bike however not too sure how to go ...more

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Welcome, Blair

First, head over to this thread that our very own Tim Hankins has created. Tim took a lot of time and effort ...more

was a very good ready and loads i never knew to look for so thanks! Starting to think if building a custom is a bit hard and costly. Are you able to tell me if the united supreme 2016 kit with say bsd frame? would that be a good combo for the money? kit £500 and frane £300. Thanks for your help

|

7/18/2018 2:34 PM

Blair_Haggarty98 wrote:

was a very good ready and loads i never knew to look for so thanks! Starting to think if building a custom is a bit hard and ...more

Hell yeah man. United and BSD make great stuff, and I've heard a few people say the build kits are a godsend as far as price and convenience.

I think you'll have a really nice ride that'll last a long time with a frame + build kit.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

7/18/2018 2:40 PM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Welcome, Blair

First, head over to this thread that our very own Tim Hankins has created. Tim took a lot of time and effort ...more

Blair_Haggarty98 wrote:

was a very good ready and loads i never knew to look for so thanks! Starting to think if building a custom is a bit hard and ...more

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Hell yeah man. United and BSD make great stuff, and I've heard a few people say the build kits are a godsend as far as price ...more

thanks you have been a great help, much appreciated dude! smile

|