Custom Gyro setups

Related:
Create New Tag

3/28/2019 12:29 PM

Just put on a gyro after 15 years of running a straight cable. I bought a Snafu rotor seeing as Odsy stopped making the GTX with the knarps built in. Just wanted to see what everyone was running and what mods you have made.

|

Make BMX Metal Again!

Pedal Driven Cycles www.pedaldrivencycles.com

Mainline Outdoors www.mainlineoutdoors.bigcartel.com

3/28/2019 2:02 PM

Currently rocking this left foot. Its like 26 years old, but it still works great! Using Van’s Waffle Sole as pads. Sockless.

|

3/28/2019 3:05 PM

I just tried installing a GTX and had too much trouble with it. Said fuck it and got a long straight cable.

|

3/28/2019 3:10 PM

Not running brakes at the moment, but when I run a gyro I got the Stolen Satellite gyro with SST cables and an Odyssey EVO II brake.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: Reyn Honbo - RH MEDIA

3/28/2019 3:23 PM

Odyssey M2 trigger, snafu gyro, custom barrel adjusters for easy bends, slics for bottoms routed through seat tube, suelo front brakes as rears with ghost pads.

|

3/29/2019 6:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/29/2019 6:26 AM

When I run it, M2 lever, M2 upper cable, Odyssey GTX R gyro, dual lower cables (I use derailleur inner wires and 4mm housing cause it is cheap) and I use Bike Aid dry Moly lube in all housing and put a thin layer of grease on the wires themselves, Odyssey London Mod, then I run more housing and some zip ties to make a cross/"X" BEHIND the seat tube so the cables pull along pivot of the brake arms. Seems to help the braking be more consistent than just a straight pull dual cable setup. And a Diatech Fiesta brake from like 2004 or so that came with a fork from Dans.

(this is on an old frame I no longer have, but I still use the same setup.)

But right now I am rocking a straight cable setup.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/29/2019 6:25 PM

Interesting. A hanger in a straight cable setup could be run that way too, I might try it.

Earlysport

|

4/1/2019 5:15 AM

Earlysport wrote:

Interesting. A hanger in a straight cable setup could be run that way too, I might try it.

Earlysport

I have not tried that, but when I replace cables next, I may set up the hanger that way and see if it works well or just adds friction and stiffens up the brake pull.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/1/2019 9:49 AM

Earlysport wrote:

Earlysport

The new credence frames have a hole through the seat tube so that you can run the straight cable right through it to achieve something like that without the extra friction of making a full x.

|

4/1/2019 1:11 PM

Earlysport wrote:

Earlysport

gibspaulding wrote:

The new credence frames have a hole through the seat tube so that you can run the straight cable right through it to achieve something like that without the extra friction of making a full x.

Unless you have seatstay brakes, you would need a crazy short seat post.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/1/2019 1:20 PM

Earlysport wrote:

Earlysport

gibspaulding wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Unless you have seatstay brakes, you would need a crazy short seat post.

the credence frames have chainstay brakes

|

fack off

4/4/2019 9:42 AM

I have seen a guy use a Primo Pervert as a cable hanger. Said it took a ton of stretch out of the line.

|

Make BMX Metal Again!

Pedal Driven Cycles www.pedaldrivencycles.com

Mainline Outdoors www.mainlineoutdoors.bigcartel.com