Custom Standard...you may really be interested in it (from my instagram pics)

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2018 10:21 PM

Interesting idea? Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

7/5/2018 10:58 PM

Personally, I can't see any benefit of the brake being under the chainstay. The internal cable routing looks neat. But I'd never pay the extra to have that done myself

|

7/5/2018 11:02 PM

87 GT pro performer ? minus the silly bend down tube and.. this bike won't break in a year. smile

not my thing but to each their own...

|

7/5/2018 11:20 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Personally, I can't see any benefit of the brake being under the chainstay. The internal cable routing looks neat. But I'd ...more

Might be easier to work on? Just flip the bike over and they’re right there.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

7/5/2018 11:55 PM

pnj wrote:

87 GT pro performer ? minus the silly bend down tube and.. this bike won't break in a year. smile

not my thing but to each their ...more

I really don't recall many GT frames breaking back then but I may not have seen anyone doing 22 stair drops either.

|

7/6/2018 12:48 AM

Apart from what Curtis has pointed out, I just don't get it. I like the internal cable routing, but surely it would be better the other side of the chainstay. Because one bash on the bottom of the BB or chainstay and it's game over.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

7/6/2018 1:01 AM

Brakes aren't hard to work on once they're on anyway. And that still isn't any easier than having it under the seat stays once the chain is on.
If it suits the guys riding style, it's fine, but it kinda rules out peg tricks, bb slides, and is risky for crank arm slides :/

|

7/6/2018 1:28 AM

we used to joke that GT stood for 'Gone Tomorrow' because they broke. but so did Haro's and all the other bikes back then.

|

7/6/2018 1:43 AM

when i take a look at my frame, especially the downside of the chainstays is so fucked up.
definetly wouldn't last long for me

|

IG: @_almost_crook

7/6/2018 2:45 AM

The fact it has a guarded sprocket baffles me even more. You could understand the set up on a bike just used for trails or someone who doesn't grind, but then that style of rider wouldn't run a guarded sprocket.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

7/6/2018 2:52 AM

pnj wrote:

we used to joke that GT stood for 'Gone Tomorrow' because they broke. but so did Haro's and all the other bikes back then.

Save tonight laughing
|

7/6/2018 3:47 AM

Might get full of dirt easier

|

Hmmm

7/6/2018 4:59 AM

Not sure it would handle sprocket stall mess-ups....lol

|

7/6/2018 5:09 AM

From what I recall, he does a lot of park and mini ramp riding mostly. Guy is super good, but he isn't a heavy street dude.

Lots of footjam whips and front wheel boogies.

I do agree that it may be a risk of brakes being hit, but his sprocket will stop most things-unless he is on a rail it will be hard to hit the brakes.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2018 5:46 AM

This is a pure park bike and it's beautiful. Long live SBC!

|

7/6/2018 7:02 AM

Wait so this wasn't just a meme?

|

7/6/2018 9:14 AM

It actually has me wondering if it would be too hard to run internal cable routing to behind the BB by going through the BB and rig up a different cable hanger...especially when there are vent holes inside the BB leading to the DT and usually also the CS...

Hmmm....

Could weld (or bolt) a small cable holder in the BB shell (maybe) between the bearings that a spindle wouldn't hit, and have it come out of closer to the back...

Obviously only would work for CS brakes. For Seat stay brakes, you could run into the TT, and have it come out behind the seat tube, similar to Lairdframes cable stops through the seat tube. Might have to run an integrated post though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2018 9:21 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

It actually has me wondering if it would be too hard to run internal cable routing to behind the BB by going through the BB ...more

You could just cut the seatpost down, after it is below the bottom of the TT the rest doesn't really do much

|

Hmmm

7/6/2018 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2018 9:25 AM

This has been in mountain biking for years now, pretty much standard and it works. Not sure what the point is for BMX though unless you right dirt, only one cable and you still need a gyro or lots of cable at the lever end. On MTB's you have 2 brakes, shifter and usually dropper post cable so it makes sense to tidy things up. Most of the slopestyle guys still seem to run external routing which says a lot.

|

7/6/2018 10:17 AM

fooby wrote:

This has been in mountain biking for years now, pretty much standard and it works. Not sure what the point is for BMX though ...more

Ease of fast change I would guess for slopestyle, but also a lack of the option.

As to the BMX aspect, I've seen it break into racing, and I can see the idea being adopted as a means of giving a "cleaner look" that so many mention with brakeless bikes.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/6/2018 10:42 AM

bobby is the fucking man

|

It’s all bmx

7/6/2018 10:50 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

Wait so this wasn't just a meme?

No, it’s a custom frame for a team rider.

And I agree that the brakes should be in either the seat stays or the top of the chain stays. But, he pretty much drew it on a napkin and then Standard made it happen.

But if you put the brakes in either of the normal spots then it’s a good idea. I also told Rick I think you should start the cables at the gusset area. This is a road bike thing so I think that’s what the idea came from and next time the brakes will be in a more normal spot. Here is the drawing he did that setup the design. And then they also replied to my idea and I am thinking I get the idea of it. Keep it in mind for a gyro you need to have pretty straight cable not kinks up and down.
Photo
Photo

|

7/6/2018 3:33 PM

why screenshot thats so lazy and low quality. just pure laziness.

Photo

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten