Custom bike paint

Related:
Create New Tag

4/27/2014 8:10 PM

Is there anybody around the woodlands or Houston area that can spray paint my bike frame mint for me? If so let me know

|

4/27/2014 9:11 PM

yeah

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/27/2014 9:11 PM

Meet me at 711, and bring the paint. I will do it for free.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy

4/27/2014 9:17 PM

I know a guy

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

4/27/2014 9:26 PM

I'm a guy & he knows a guy ^^^^

|

4/28/2014 4:47 AM

Effting wrote:

Meet me at 711, and bring the paint. I will do it for free.

Lol I live in Texas

|

4/28/2014 5:34 AM

Learn how to spray paint, or search for a powder coating place.

|

4/28/2014 6:17 AM

To spray paint is not diffiult man, look for a youtube how to and do it yourself.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/28/2014 6:35 AM

T-rider wrote:

To spray paint is not diffiult man, look for a youtube how to and do it yourself.

This.

Honestly, strip/sand the old paint, wipe the dust off with a lightly damp rag, let it dry, primer it, let it dry, primer it, let it dry, paint it, let it dry, paint it, let it dry, paint it, let it dry, clear it, let it dry, clear it, let it dry, clear it, let it dry, BUILD YOUR BIKE AND RIDEEEEEEE.

*Each coat of primer, paint and clear is a THIN COAT. This way it goes on more evenly and does not run. Also, letting it FULLY DRY FOR A DAY OR TWO AFTER YOU ARE DONE BEFORE YOU BUILD IT WILL HELP THE PAINT BE MORE DURABLE.

Alternately have someone powdercoat or paint it for you at an auto body place. That would be the most durable.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/28/2014 7:57 AM

T-rider wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

This.

Honestly, strip/sand the old paint, wipe the dust off with a lightly damp rag, let it dry, primer it, let it dry, primer it, let it dry, paint it, let it dry, paint it, let it dry, paint it, let it dry, clear it, let it dry, clear it, let it dry, clear it, let it dry, BUILD YOUR BIKE AND RIDEEEEEEE.

*Each coat of primer, paint and clear is a THIN COAT. This way it goes on more evenly and does not run. Also, letting it FULLY DRY FOR A DAY OR TWO AFTER YOU ARE DONE BEFORE YOU BUILD IT WILL HELP THE PAINT BE MORE DURABLE.

Alternately have someone powdercoat or paint it for you at an auto body place. That would be the most durable.

thank you very much for the help! what type brand of paint, primer, and clear do you reccomend I use? Also, how long should i let it dry in between each coat of paint, each coat of primer, and each coat of clear? I plan on making the frame mint green.

|

4/28/2014 8:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/28/2014 8:24 AM

Brand, don't get cheap store brand crap. I would aim for Rustoleum if you can. As to clear, same. Time to dry varies, honestly, I would recommend giving it at the MINIMUM, dry to touch. I used to give it overnight between each coat. Painting would take me a few days, but last WAY longer than knocking it out in a day or two.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/28/2014 9:44 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Brand, don't get cheap store brand crap. I would aim for Rustoleum if you can. As to clear, same. Time to dry varies, honestly, I would recommend giving it at the MINIMUM, dry to touch. I used to give it overnight between each coat. Painting would take me a few days, but last WAY longer than knocking it out in a day or two.

Thank you again! also my uncle owns a paint and body shop... do you think they could paint my bike and that it would be the most durable option?

|

4/28/2014 9:58 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

marcbilliot wrote:

Thank you again! also my uncle owns a paint and body shop... do you think they could paint my bike and that it would be the most durable option?

That or powdercoat. PLUS it would be a lot more likely to look not rattlecanned.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/28/2014 11:06 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

marcbilliot wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

That or powdercoat. PLUS it would be a lot more likely to look not rattlecanned.

what is the difference between painting and powder coating?

|

4/28/2014 11:11 AM

marcbilliot wrote:

Spray paint is in liquid form. Powder is just that - powder. Powder coating requires some specialized equipment to do, but the end result is much more durable than spray. Powder coating is more expensive than spray, but it's affordable.

|

4/28/2014 11:24 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

marcbilliot wrote:

Fondue wrote:

Spray paint is in liquid form. Powder is just that - powder. Powder coating requires some specialized equipment to do, but the end result is much more durable than spray. Powder coating is more expensive than spray, but it's affordable.

How much more expensive are we talking? cause im sure my uncle will do it for me if its reasonable

|

4/28/2014 11:52 AM

Paint I would guess retail cost would be like 50 bucks, powder ive seen for 75 for a frame and fork.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/28/2014 11:59 AM

Powdercoat>>>>>>>>>>>>>>paint

|

4/28/2014 1:07 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Paint I would guess retail cost would be like 50 bucks, powder ive seen for 75 for a frame and fork.

ok thanks i may go powder coat. is there a difference in the colors of powder coat and regular paint

|

4/28/2014 1:26 PM

i live in houston. do what i do, just take your wheels off if you run brakes and spray all over lol. that's what I do because I hate taking apart my bike. I just take my gyro/cables/brakes/grips off, have a few beers and go to town on the paint lol

|

It’s all bmx

4/28/2014 3:06 PM

A good powder coater can do damn near any color you want

|