*Cutting seattube?* help/comments?!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/24/2009 4:14 PM

Allright so check it..

Ive been riding this Stolen etrain frame for about six months now. and i hate the built in seatclamp! Always letting my seat slip, ( yes i like to sit on my bike sometimes). Anyways since i didnt have pivitol i decided to buy the Stolen S.I.C. post and The NICE hemp seat, and i must say the S.I.C. system works great! i got the 135mm so i can sit,
But my Question is, should i cut off this ugly clamp and extra seattube? any suggestions to getting a straight cut at the right angle would be great? I was thinking i could mark it out at the angle i want and hit with the tabletop chopsaw?
lemme know what you think? im doing it this weekend and ill post pics of whatever i do so let the ideas flow.

|

3/24/2009 4:20 PM

no...

|

3/24/2009 4:31 PM

Sure do it. There's nothing that's really structural as long as you don't damage the weld.

|

I do stuff and I'm not good at it.

3/24/2009 4:33 PM

easternbmx has his cut hit him up

|

FI

3/24/2009 4:36 PM

just leave some of the post
because cutting the weld could end in a 300 dollar problem

|

My nigga Ressler, stay up!
My nigga Babysatan, stay up!
My nigga Copiolet, stay up!
My nigga DakAttack, stay up!
My nigga NCDave, stay up!
My nigga Enzo, stay up!

And I ride for my niggas

3/24/2009 5:10 PM

use a grinder to get the glamp off. a hacksaw will cut the post

|

I <3 theamazingjack, dan, ressler, and dakota

3/24/2009 9:35 PM

danbmxer wrote:

use a grinder to get the glamp off. a hacksaw will cut the post

Word. That would work best...Hacksaw...clean it up with a grinder.

|

It's A standard baby! Straight outta standard country.

3/24/2009 9:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 7:05 PM

I Have mine cut and u can tell in the pic
well just use a hack saw and u can basically eye ur cut i its straight by using your frame
and mine came out perfect by doing that procedure
and to make it clamp easier if ypure gonna use a clamp
make a slit in the other sides so it can clamp closed easier and use a file to clean it up

|

RIDE TILL I DIE

3/24/2009 10:43 PM

fede/bmx1 wrote:

easternbmx has his cut hit him up

Yeah I cut mine off. With my old frame I just used a pipe cutter to get a clean cut. I tried it with my t1, but it didn't finish the job so I just used a hack saw to do it.

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

Refs: Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68

3/24/2009 11:16 PM

do it !
it will look so clean
i dont think the weld will be so affected i would draw a line and then cut it i guess

|

jb07, Zachary_, Showtime402, bobPa, dee hos, joe-rod56, "idk i'm a loser", Gsport23, JoeGreen, Trenty Doo, fly for life,laloest

3/24/2009 11:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 7:05 PM

Yeah dude definitely do it
This is how mine turned out, so clean:
[LINK TO IMAGE]

kindof a crappy picture though

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

Refs: Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68

3/30/2009 10:21 PM

allright so i geuss i forgot i made this thread hah! but im back! And i cut my seat tube and it turned out sooo sooo dope!w00t after much consideration, and my limitations with a table mounted chop saw, an angle grinder and a couple files are about the extent of my tools.. i could have easily cut it like easternbmx55,(thanks for the pics and comments by the way). but since im running the stolen SIC post i wanted it like the STOLEN CHEATER.. But the integrated seatpost clamp was hitting the fence on my chopsaw. so i stripped down to the frame and mounted it in a vice an cut the clamp off off with an angle grinder by hand ( made a sweet key chain later on)cool so then i got it all blocked up in my chopsaw jig and cut it PERFECT!!! SO stoked! Pics below

BEWARE; If you aren't mechanically inclined to use these tools proficiently.. don't try, you will void your warranty F* your frame, and maybe a finger or eye, always wear eye protection when Cutting metal!

Stock shot
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Keychain i made
[LINK TO IMAGE]

20" sex!
[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]

[LINK TO IMAGE]
The SIC post with HEMP seat, i love stolen bikes, Quality products!

|

3/30/2009 10:24 PM

that looks better
that clamp was put on backwards what a bunch of tards

|

RIDE TILL I DIE

3/30/2009 11:00 PM

that looks real nice i cut mine with a hawksaw and messed it all up lol

|

3/31/2009 10:28 AM

Thanks bros! and sorry bout your luck BRAKELESS. next time be patient and find the right equipment, makes a World of a difference. next quest, Female my odyssey cassette hub! YES!

|

3/31/2009 10:32 AM

did a good job. looks clean. i still want your stem sad

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.

3/31/2009 11:03 AM

Thanks RIDEBMX! and about the stem, i talked to my professor about it and he will let me use the VERSA laser for Engraving whenever. so we just gotta figure out whats up.

|

3/31/2009 11:06 AM

well i'm gonna hit you up for some engraving if i ever buy a new stem.

|

BMX riding Cop... Let that sink in for a minute.