DC cuts their entire bmx team

Related:
Create New Tag

2/23/2013 10:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2013 12:06 PM

They make shit shoes. but they had decent riders

|

2/23/2013 10:25 AM

Maybe now they'll be sponsored by a company who actually makes shoes you can ride in

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/23/2013 10:41 AM

bmxfromma wrote:

Maybe now they'll be sponsored by a company who actually makes shoes you can ride in

haha, dc shoes are shite.

|

2/23/2013 10:45 AM

Great.Now Rob Wise rides barefoot.

|

2/23/2013 11:11 AM

i cannot believe it.. everyone start #fuckDCshoes

|

-- doing business like its a business since 1985 --

"*a08 is awesome" -Penman166

a08's Bike Check

Wanted: 160mm profile arms in chrome.

2/23/2013 11:34 AM

I'm happy Stevie Churchill ditched them before, this proves that they give half a fuck about the sport.
They're a company and their aim is making money hence no more DC BMX.
And still they make shit shoes and didn't really do much to improve the BMX community.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/23/2013 11:42 AM

i was still pissed at them funding the non bmx parks through dyrdek but i didnt see something this extreme coming.. this is a blatant fuck you to all the people that ride bmx

|

a08's Bike Check

2/23/2013 11:43 AM

Do they still have a skate team?

|

2/23/2013 11:44 AM

Calafia wrote:

Do they still have a skate team?

"Skate team"

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

2/23/2013 11:53 AM

Thats a massive cut. like holy fuck and these guys weren't warned till today?? didnt they drop Gabe brooks at the start of the year?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/23/2013 12:09 PM

i'll still wear DC shoes regardless if they sponsor BMX riders or not, they sponsor riders in every other sport i like and BMX doesn't get anywhere near the recognition as snowboarding, MX or FMX so DC is gonna stick to what makes them money. Although i've seen their shoe quality go downhill in the last 5 years so much to where i have to buy a new pair every few months yet my Supra's and Nike's have lasted me a year already.

|

2/23/2013 12:12 PM

They have a good skate team.. i guess they wanted more money.

|

Check out my youtube channel!! http://www.youtube.com/user/mikel8149

2/23/2013 12:21 PM

I haven't wore their shoes for a long time. I don't know any riders or skaters today that wear dc. And honestly their shoes are ugly as fuck. The bmx scene just didn't pay off as well as the other sports they support. Oh well. Sucks for these riders though.

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/23/2013 12:23 PM

Wow... lost respect for DC. Maddog was on the DC team. Hopefully Etnies will be cool enough to pick him up and support him.

|

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:

2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "

Ride For:

42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

2/23/2013 12:27 PM

Welp this sucks for all of them. Kind of sucks cause im going to ride with Chris Doyle tonight wonder what he will have to say. I saw Ronnie Napolitan posted on facebook "F**K you DC"

|

2/23/2013 12:31 PM

sbc785 wrote:

i'll still wear DC shoes regardless if they sponsor BMX riders or not, they sponsor riders in every other sport i like and BMX doesn't get anywhere near the recognition as snowboarding, MX or FMX so DC is gonna stick to what makes them money. Although i've seen their shoe quality go downhill in the last 5 years so much to where i have to buy a new pair every few months yet my Supra's and Nike's have lasted me a year already.

"DC is gonna stick to what makes them money"

and its obvious they are sticking ONLY to what makes them money. This is exactly why i will not buy another DC Shoes product for the rest of my life. Business isnt only about making money its about making products they stand behind for the love of the sports they market to. Its obvious DC Shoes has no love for BMX. what? they cant afford to keep their bmx team? because we know thats not true.

|

a08's Bike Check

2/23/2013 12:35 PM

|

FREE not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes
STYLE a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting

2/23/2013 12:51 PM

A08 wrote:

and its obvious they are sticking ONLY to what makes them money. This is exactly why i will not buy another DC Shoes product for the rest of my life. Business isnt only about making money its about making products they stand behind for the love of the sports they market to. Its obvious DC Shoes has no love for BMX. what? they cant afford to keep their bmx team? because we know thats not true.

lol, what major companies are in it for the love of the sport? If you think that any major company like DC is in it just to support sports then you're sadly mistaken...hell, look at Fox clothing, number 1 clothing and gear company for extreme sports AND THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE PEOPLE THEY "SUPPORT". Every one is in it for the money, hell even BMX bike companies themselves (not the small ones, but the big guys) are in it for the money.

|

2/23/2013 1:03 PM

sbc785 wrote:

lol, what major companies are in it for the love of the sport? If you think that any major company like DC is in it just to support sports then you're sadly mistaken...hell, look at Fox clothing, number 1 clothing and gear company for extreme sports AND THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE PEOPLE THEY "SUPPORT". Every one is in it for the money, hell even BMX bike companies themselves (not the small ones, but the big guys) are in it for the money.

I see what you're saying... but dude. THEY DROPPED MADDOG! That's a complete asshole move on their part.

|

Smitten In The Mitten

My Whip:

2013 Sunday Funday Aaron Ross Pro "

Ride For:

42North, Run Jelly Pandas, Michigan Local

2/23/2013 1:06 PM

Good riders will find another sponsor in a heartbeat, that's not an issue, the only issue i see is that DC dropped them without any notice and that's just bad business...now they've turned the entire BMX community against them and even though YOU guys don't wear their shoes there are a shit ton of people who do and a lot of those people ride BMX...but i'd say maybe only 20% of DC's shoe sales are to BMX riders.

|

2/23/2013 1:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2013 1:24 PM

A08 wrote:

sbc785 wrote:

BreakThruAlec wrote:

I see what you're saying... but dude. THEY DROPPED MADDOG! That's a complete asshole move on their part.

No major publicly traded company is in it JUST to support the sports they market to but i never said that and there are big businesses in BMX that don't fit your profile - even in the shoe game. look at vans who is constantly doing collabs, contests, videos, signature shoes, who keeps a stocked team and some riders even though they arent doing spectacular in contests (Nastazio for example). thats supporting the sport they market to and Vans is huge. BOTH making money and supporting bmx should be a priority to any company i consider making a purchase from and like i said above, its obvious that they are sticking ONLY to what makes them money (DC Shoes is). and is exactly why i will not buy another DC Shoes product for the rest of my life.

|

a08's Bike Check

2/23/2013 1:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2013 1:29 PM

look at Nike, they started making 6.0's just for the money, they don't give a fuck about BMX when they got multi-million dollar sports figures running around with their shoes on all day every day. Vans dabbles in just about everything and they do care about their consumers and the fans but they are one of the only companies to do that now...as for Etnies, they sold out years ago when they signed Sheckler and their shoes are biggest piece of shit that's sold in Zumiez. I'd ride with some Tom's before i wore Etnies and that's saying something because i hate Tom's.

|

2/23/2013 1:54 PM

sbc785 wrote:

look at Nike, they started making 6.0's just for the money, they don't give a fuck about BMX when they got multi-million dollar sports figures running around with their shoes on all day every day. Vans dabbles in just about everything and they do care about their consumers and the fans but they are one of the only companies to do that now...as for Etnies, they sold out years ago when they signed Sheckler and their shoes are biggest piece of shit that's sold in Zumiez. I'd ride with some Tom's before i wore Etnies and that's saying something because i hate Tom's.

my etnies aaron ross sig held up shit, but theyre not that bad..

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/23/2013 2:07 PM

i wish DVS could get their soles to last longer because i actually like them as a company and their shoes more than any other company.

|

2/23/2013 2:12 PM

vans.... i've ridden the owen 2 hi's chase hawk sig for a year and they are still good! they wil hold up another 5 months at least

|

2/23/2013 2:40 PM

sbc785 wrote:

A08 wrote:

sbc785 wrote:

sure everyone's in it for the money..what else? but please elaborate with some sort of proof or evidence supporting your claim of "THEY DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT THE PEOPLE THEY "SUPPORT"" because I don't really see where you're coming from. Fox is a company that I've supported ever since I've been riding dirt bikes since the age of 10 and in my opinion they promote extreme sports in a good light way better than most other companies do on any given day

|

REFSREFS: Four, agfracing, bmx4life121303, Austin_Read, the balt, handlebar-to-face, Murtaugh, killjonken, Bmx&volkswagens, TCbmx(x2), spikez5, A08, SuperstarDK, blizzbikes, ecuadevil, BMX4Lyfee, Kroller, 2283kdogg, ShadowBmx1995, WeAreFucked, killedglamour, Showtime402, ScramHype, Prophet, 2wheelguy, ugot2dewitt, Sancheezz, tomdon five16-207-nine457

2/23/2013 2:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/23/2013 2:53 PM

look into Fox more then because i've been racing MX for 22 years now and i've seen them go from a company who was in it for the racing to a company who is in it for the image and the popularity their riders bring them. Don't you notice that there isn't many riders wearing Fox anymore? It's because racers aren't happy with the way Fox promotes their image anymore, they sold out.

|

2/23/2013 2:59 PM

Damn... They dropped Brad Simms earlier this year, now they dropped the whole team...

I just bought 2 pairs of dc shoes because it was on sale.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

2/23/2013 3:23 PM

never really liked DC, this doesnt change anything

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

2/23/2013 4:05 PM

EddiMundo wrote:

my etnies aaron ross sig held up shit, but theyre not that bad..

Weird, my Number Mids still look almost new and I've had them for 3 years now. My DC Tactics are like 5 months old and they're real close to having a hole in the bottom.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital