DIY Plastic pedals with metal pegs?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/6/2014 11:01 PM

Anyone here done that? Seems pretty straight forward by just drilling out the plastic pegs and putting in some bolts. I want to try it on some old ass pedals i have before i use my nice ones. I just dont want to spend $100 on JCPC's.

|

10/6/2014 11:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/6/2014 11:23 PM

Where the fuck are you spending $100 on JCPCs? That's almost 3x the price of them.

|

10/6/2014 11:32 PM

I don't get it. So you're going to use a sleeved peg as a pedal? Doesn't sound like a good idea, so make sure to record it the first time you ride. Lol. And why not just spend $15 on some PC pedals and call it a day?

|

10/6/2014 11:58 PM

He means the pins of the pedals
Yeah you can drill them out and out screws, but it hurts even more
Spend 35 on some unsealed trail mixes or jcpc pedals and call it a day

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/7/2014 1:37 AM

Oooooohhhhhh. Gotcha. Now I feel like a dumbass. Lol. Well, the way he worded it was confusing, so honest mistake. I was like "wtf is op thinking?" But in that case, yeah I don't see why it couldn't be done. It's probably gonna weaken the structural integrity of the pedal tho. And like Steve said, it's gonna hurt alot more when you take one to the shin. This is exactly why I've been using Twisted PC's for a while now instead of my S&M 101's. Lol. But every time I took a 101 to the shin, I just thought to myself how thankful I was that Beartraps disappeared into the bmx history books and it seemed to make it hurt a little less. Haha

|

10/7/2014 4:58 AM

Ive done this and never had any.problems. Just make sure to clip the screws at a decent height and then file them really well. When youre done, they shouldn't hurt anymore than regular metal petal pins.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

10/7/2014 5:18 AM

dril out the pedals in the spots you want the pins and just use set screws.they come in a range of sizes to get that perfect grip too

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/7/2014 4:26 PM

I was going to actually take the pegs out of my 101's or buy screws and file them down. I dont see why it would hurt more. I just hate my plastic pedals because they get super slippery, But my metal ones rattle a bit and every time i fix it they rattle later on. And i really dont have a problem taking one to the shin.. I mean shit it really isnt that bad.

|

10/7/2014 4:28 PM

My brother told me jcpcs were $100..

|

10/7/2014 4:32 PM

I've done it. You spend almost 20 bucks in screws. And also don't be a dumb ass like me and get screws that are too long. Or else you will bleed always.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

10/7/2014 4:34 PM

AutoWhore wrote:

your brother is retarded

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

10/7/2014 5:25 PM

AutoWhore wrote:

tomdon wrote:

your brother is retarded

lolol this. You could've just googled it and seen that they only cost under $40

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/465146/Odyssey_JCPC_Pedals_%28Jim_Cielencki%29.html

Also, pins. They are called pins. Not pegs.

As for your original post, yes you can and it's very easy. I have a pair laying around here somewhere from like 2007/2008. What I did was somehow stabbed a hole in a few places with a screwdriver because I was a lot younger and didn't think to just use a drill. Then I just screwed old replacement metal pedal pins from my old metal Animal Hamilton pedals into it.

Like these

Photo

|