DK Dayton

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2014 7:58 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/3/2014 10:34 AM

My friend Jason(Who I've mentioned a couple times on here) is close to buying a bike, His MAX price is 200 dead. He is 25 years old and is 6ft. The DK Dayton. looks good. would like some more opinions on it, Would love to know what kinda bearings the bb has. be nice if their sealed. not a huge deal if its not. the Dayton is what I'm recommending as well as the mode 900 and the Thrash 3.5 but some other options too

Dk Dayton (my recommendation)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-DK-Dayton-Boys-BMX-Bike/17012260

other not so good options but are in his price range....
Mongoose mode 540
http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Mongoose-Mode-540-Boys-Freestyle-Bike-Gray/26999372

dk machine
http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-DK-The-Machine-Unisex-BMX-Bike-Red/20658257

dk effect
http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-DK-Effect-BMX-Bike-Green/23031005

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/2/2014 8:00 PM

Mode 900 for daayyyyss.

|

3/2/2014 8:03 PM

Mongoose mode 900 it's only 193 and pimped out full chromoly frame fork and bars 3 piece cranks and a cassette

|

3/2/2014 8:29 PM

The DK Dayton or Mongoose Mode 900, either one would be a good choice, it all comes down to color and how he feels riding on it.

|

3/2/2014 8:31 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Mongoose mode 900 it's only 193 and pimped out full chromoly frame fork and bars 3 piece cranks and a cassette

And double wall rims front and rear.

|

3/2/2014 8:47 PM

the dk Australia website says its a mid bb but Is it sealed or not... cuz he's going to be using it to get to work aswell as dirt jumps and stuff.

I mean if not, I've got a bearing press at work its not like we cant put a sealed bb in, but ya know...

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/3/2014 1:35 AM

The mongoose looks like is the best

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

3/3/2014 7:29 AM

These bikes dont have sealed bearings. Ffs theyre $190 and come from Walmart. Theyre unsealed all around.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/3/2014 8:46 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

These bikes dont have sealed bearings. Ffs theyre $190 and come from Walmart. Theyre unsealed all around.

my Cleveland has a sealed bb stock

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/3/2014 9:12 AM

You can always put a sealed bb, just get whatever he thinks looks good, whatever he doesn't like he can change later, remember he's just a beginner

|

3/3/2014 9:57 AM

I think the Effect looks really cool, they had one in my local Walmart once and I rode it around. He could also look into the Hyper Cramner pro.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

3/3/2014 10:16 AM

Shortdude wrote:

I think the Effect looks really cool, they had one in my local Walmart once and I rode it around. He could also look into the ...more

thing about the effect is its all hi-ten, and the frame isnt butted so I question it's strength. that and its pretty heavy almost 27 pounds no pegs.

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop

3/3/2014 10:17 AM

Check out craigslist (Fredericksburg) they have a Cult.. It's clean & dialed in with good parts, tires ect... Little more $$$ but way better bike. Also they have an Eastern & Sunday..

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

3/3/2014 10:26 AM

Shortdude wrote:

I think the Effect looks really cool, they had one in my local Walmart once and I rode it around. He could also look into the ...more

dkTechEthan wrote:

thing about the effect is its all hi-ten, and the frame isnt butted so I question it's strength. that and its pretty heavy ...more

I wouldn't buy it now, but if all he had was $130, then it might be a good option. 27 pounds isn't all that heavy. Mine is 27 pounds. If your friend is looking for a good bike, he should check Craigslist.

|

IG: therealclintvessey

{\_/}
( • .•)
/-🚲

3/3/2014 11:46 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Photo
|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop