DK Kvant vs. Stolen Heist

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2010 3:05 PM

I used to ride and race bmx when I was a kid and when I moved to Boston I began riding 26inch. I am moving to Austin after three years and and now I am looking at getting back into it due to the huge bmx scene. I have been riding and plan on continue riding mostly trails but a little street as well. I have been looking for a bike and my budget is not huge but I have narrowed search down to the DK Kvant or the Stolen Heist. I am looking for something that is tough and although weight is a factor I am willing to budge if it means a more bombproof ride. I am aware of the basics (sealed bearings, 100% cromo) I just want some help or reviews. Also, if there are other suggestions, I am willing to hear them.

|

7/20/2010 3:06 PM

stolen heist

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

BMXFU

Loading Haters
█████████████ 99%
Complete

7/20/2010 3:08 PM

Stolen Heist.

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

7/20/2010 3:10 PM

why not just buy a rigid for for your mtb? or is it a dh?

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

7/20/2010 3:44 PM

No it is a '09 specialized p1, and I am planning on keeping it but there seems to be a lack of mtb riders in Austin and I would also kind of miss riding bmx.

|

7/20/2010 3:48 PM

mdkardos wrote:

No it is a '09 specialized p1, and I am planning on keeping it but there seems to be a lack of mtb riders in Austin and I would also kind of miss riding bmx.

just ride it like a bmx bike... you'll save money... mtb's are just big bmx bikes basically... if you wanna ride a bmx bike, borrow a friends and ride theirs it'll just end up being cheaper anyway

|

R.I.P. COMPTON
E-mail:chrisschmall@yahoo.com
Refs:chadr, spikez5, umpgotti, brenden1207

First MOTM 12/2010

7/20/2010 4:04 PM

The heist is a good bike.That's what I'd buy.Plus it is a pound lighter than the DK.

|

RIDE THE BIKE FOOL!!!!!!!!

7/24/2010 12:48 PM

Stolen Heist

|

I can't stop riding bikes...I have no brakes
[LINK TO IMAGE]

7/24/2010 1:42 PM

Most of the people answering this question haven't ridden both bikes more than likely. 2 of the people I ride with both have the stolen heist. One kid bent the bars, forks and rims. Now we have a DK at my shop, and that bike is super solid and light. I took it on a ride and it's a super nice bike for a complete, I'd recommend it to you for sure.

|

Bikes. Cameras. Cars. Beer. NYx845

7/24/2010 1:45 PM

the dk helio has a full chromo frame and its like 40 bucks more i think.

|

"One time, me and the crusher, me and the crusher were drinkin' diesel. That's about it."
It Feels Like a Sunday!
http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/BMX-Stuff-For-Sale,17/BUY-THIS-STUFF,1250591