DK bikes....

Related:
Create New Tag

1/22/2011 8:17 PM

I was wondering what you guys thought of DK bikes? No one ever mentions them and no one ever seems to review them either. DK has an amazing team and seem to make solid, affordable bikes, but no one buys them. I have a 2010 DK kvant and I love it, so much fun to ride. Your thoughts?

|

1/22/2011 8:18 PM

ermm
|

refs: Spikez5, cokacola, dacumup213 (x2), josh estey, Blake El Gingero, naters14, Harry95, pcoco, hattrckhcky, bstick, kevinl, Sunday.bmx21, dgisback, iridebmxeveryday, I RIDE

1/22/2011 8:20 PM

team frame looks ok

|

1/22/2011 8:21 PM

my friend shreds dk bars and a hub and he says they are awesome

|

Bike Check!!!!!!!

Im a peruvian motherfucker

1/22/2011 8:26 PM

Ever ride any of their completes? I have the Kvant, it has a 20.5 TT, which is pretty small considering I'm 6 ft, 200lbs, but BMX bikes were really small for me forever so I guess I'm used to it. Hoping to upgrade to a 21 in TT frame soon.

|

1/22/2011 8:28 PM

the only ones i would ever buy are there most expensive ones. but your money would be better spent on something else my friend

|

Get off your little kid bikes and get a CRUISER!

1/22/2011 8:34 PM

Like what? Most complete bikes are too small for me, and building up a bike would cost a lot. Not sure what to do, I was thinking about a cult bad boy, dk passport or s&m hoder frames, (all in 21 in TT) maybe some tall bars, 9inch to 10 inch. S&M makes a 10 inch bar, which seems ridiculous for most but I have long ass arms!

|

1/22/2011 8:38 PM

What's a good complete for big guys? I can't bring myself to ride a cruiser, I'd feel like I was giving up. Maybe when I'm older, but I feel too young to ride a cruiser. Then again, cruisers are faster, hill bombing would be funner on a 24in cruiser......

|

1/22/2011 8:39 PM

if thats you in your avatar, i like your ears dude!

|

im alex, and i like to ride my bike.
MOTW 5/24/2010 - 5/30/2010.
BOTM february 2011.

1/22/2011 8:55 PM

inch and a half! took about ten years but it was worth it. The only time it sucks is when I'm trying to put a helmet on. My ears are always getting caught in the straps, and wearing a fullface sucks because it smooshes my ears against my head. I never ever wore a helmet in my life until my daughter was born. I bought a fullface when my daughter was born, but now I have a Protec classic. Always wear a helmet my friend, I've seen some nasty falls in my life and had some friends get fucked up pretty bad because they weren't being careful. I'm not saying pussy out and not ride, just be careful and weigh the risks. That's all.

|

1/22/2011 8:56 PM

maddog is on their team....

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

1/22/2011 8:59 PM

cleanbmx wrote:

What's a good complete for big guys? I can't bring myself to ride a cruiser, I'd feel like I was giving up. Maybe when I'm older, but I feel too young to ride a cruiser. Then again, cruisers are faster, hill bombing would be funner on a 24in cruiser......

WTP Trust...

|

Get off your little kid bikes and get a CRUISER!

1/22/2011 9:09 PM

cleanbmx wrote:

inch and a half! took about ten years but it was worth it. The only time it sucks is when I'm trying to put a helmet on. My ears are always getting caught in the straps, and wearing a fullface sucks because it smooshes my ears against my head. I never ever wore a helmet in my life until my daughter was born. I bought a fullface when my daughter was born, but now I have a Protec classic. Always wear a helmet my friend, I've seen some nasty falls in my life and had some friends get fucked up pretty bad because they weren't being careful. I'm not saying pussy out and not ride, just be careful and weigh the risks. That's all.

sweet dude, i really wanna stretch my ears but the only thing thats really holding me back from doing so is the fear of not finding a job. id like to go atleast an 1 1/2 inches or so. and thanks for those words dude, i might be buying a helmet soon!

|

BOTM february 2011.

1/22/2011 9:54 PM

As for stretched ears holding you back from getting a job, it can sadly be pretty true. Depends on where you live and what kind of energy you carry. I've worked for companies that had strict no visible tattoos or piercings policies, but they hired me anyways. So far I've only been turned away from one job on the basis of said policy. I've worked for walmart with my stretched ears and they didn't care at all! I have come to believe over the years that life is all about the energy you carry. Some people always have crazy drama and problems because the energy they carry attracts it. Some people get piercings and just can't pull it off. I've been told that people can't imagine me any other way. Sure, the first thing people notice when they see me is my huge honking ears, but once they talk to me they forget all about the plugs and tattoos. I used to have a girlfriend who would literally forget that I had so many tattoos. I guess I just carry a quiet energy. I don't broadcast that I have plugs. I'm just a guy who has big holes in my ears. I'm relaxed and friendly enough that I don't think it turns people off. But I also live in Vermont, which is pretty liberal. I don't think I would want to walk down the street in Texas with my plugs showing. It depends on where you are geographically, and where you are in your head.

|

1/22/2011 10:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/22/2011 10:31 PM

I have a 2010 DK effect and i love it. i was going to get a WTP versus but they didnt come out till almost the end of summer so i went with the DK. all in all its a good bike.

|

fu*k bitches get money.

1/22/2011 10:45 PM

Just some ideas. These are all 21" completes.

WTP Envy (21.25), Volta, and Trust
Fit Inman sig and Brian Foster sig
Subrosa Novus
DK Aura

|

1/22/2011 10:53 PM

Depend what you ride Because Dk is mostly designed for dirt

|

1/22/2011 11:06 PM

cleanbmx wrote:

As for stretched ears holding you back from getting a job, it can sadly be pretty true. Depends on where you live and what kind of energy you carry. I've worked for companies that had strict no visible tattoos or piercings policies, but they hired me anyways. So far I've only been turned away from one job on the basis of said policy. I've worked for walmart with my stretched ears and they didn't care at all! I have come to believe over the years that life is all about the energy you carry. Some people always have crazy drama and problems because the energy they carry attracts it. Some people get piercings and just can't pull it off. I've been told that people can't imagine me any other way. Sure, the first thing people notice when they see me is my huge honking ears, but once they talk to me they forget all about the plugs and tattoos. I used to have a girlfriend who would literally forget that I had so many tattoos. I guess I just carry a quiet energy. I don't broadcast that I have plugs. I'm just a guy who has big holes in my ears. I'm relaxed and friendly enough that I don't think it turns people off. But I also live in Vermont, which is pretty liberal. I don't think I would want to walk down the street in Texas with my plugs showing. It depends on where you are geographically, and where you are in your head.

yeah man, i have a friend who has 2" ears and he worked at walmart and a few other places! people say im really good at art and that i should do tattooing, because i want to stretch and i want ink. i have snakebites and my left ear as of right now, and people say that i look weird with my lip piercings out!

|

BOTM february 2011.

1/23/2011 12:38 AM

Just keep in mind man, that once you have plugs there is no going back. Sure you can take them out and the holes will shrink down, but not completely. Half inch is considered the point of no return. Once your ears are over half inch even if you take them out there will still always be a hole. Under a half inch your ears could shrink back down to the point of a barely discernable hole, but there will always be a hole. I have heard that you can get plastic surgery to "fix" your ears, but I have never seen it. In the event that you want to stretch your ears, make sure you do it for the right reasons, because it's a life long commitment, just like tattoos.

|

1/23/2011 6:48 AM

I'm just going to say it.

No one buys DK because DK completes are nothing special.Just like 99% of the completes out there, they will quickly be damaged and parts replaced.

Regardless of quality, I am convinced that a LOT of younger riders buy parts based on what their favorite pros ride, and what their friends tell them to get. Hence the numerous threads of "(Insert company name here)'s parts are CRAP" and so on. A lot of kids claim to do research before they get new stuff, but their research is literally asking other kids who don't do research what to get.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/23/2011 6:54 AM

cleanbmx wrote:

Just keep in mind man, that once you have plugs there is no going back. Sure you can take them out and the holes will shrink down, but not completely. Half inch is considered the point of no return. Once your ears are over half inch even if you take them out there will still always be a hole. Under a half inch your ears could shrink back down to the point of a barely discernable hole, but there will always be a hole. I have heard that you can get plastic surgery to "fix" your ears, but I have never seen it. In the event that you want to stretch your ears, make sure you do it for the right reasons, because it's a life long commitment, just like tattoos.

You can, what they do is actually cut the "ring" of skin off, and stitch the edges. I have a buddy who's friend had to have it done because she went too big with her ears, and blood flow just stopped on the ring of skin. They turned all purple and got infected and such. She had em cut off, and is starting over.

And that little hole left after pulling those out looks like a cats butt. I make fun of friends when they dump it and their plugs come out, because they have cat's butts on their ears haha.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

1/23/2011 11:51 AM

What is it with you and animal butts Dave? Hahahahaha! Sadly my ears are so big I no longer get "cat butt" when I take my plugs out my ears dangle in the breeze. It's not a pretty sight. I never leave the house without plugs in. I agree that most DK completes are nothing special, but at least the Kvant and Aura have full chromoly frames. Why is it that DK can sell full chromoly bikes for $400 but Sunday can't put one out for less than $700? People gotta read the fine print, chromoly front triangle and full chromoly are not the same. One sad thing I've noticed is that bike companies try to distract attention away from how bad a frame is by focusing on a parts package. I don't care if it comes with Odyssey twisted pc pedals standard. I'm not buying the bike because I like the pedals, I buy a bike because I like the way the frame feels. I personally feel that bike companies aren't being very honest about their products. Like Cult for example. I like Cult and they havean awesome team, but look at the bad boy frame for example. Cult doesn't actually make their own frames, someone else does. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Bad Boy frame is actually made by FBM. So what's the difference between an FBM frame and the Bad Boy frame? Why not just buy a raw FBM frame for a hundred dollars less. You're paying for the sticker at that point and not the frame. Now I don't like to talk trash about BMX, I do love BMX dearly. But I'm kinda saddened by how the industry has turned into a novelty. If I didn't know better I would say that the industry is currently owned by Hottopic and Urban Outfitters! It's like their trying to sell an image, a lifestyle, that to me just seems very contrived. I admit that I am getting old (33) but I don't remember BMX being like this. It's just a bunch of whiny scene kids. Now don't get me wrong, I love skinny jeans, they're all I wear, and I do love having a light bike, but sometimes it seems like it's more of a fashion show than going out and riding. Looking good is nice, having a pretty bike is nice too, but throwing down some pegs and getting banged up and scabby is even better.

|

1/23/2011 12:06 PM

vanillseatbmx wrote:

yeah man, i have a friend who has 2" ears and he worked at walmart and a few other places! people say im really good at art and that i should do tattooing, because i want to stretch and i want ink. i have snakebites and my left ear as of right now, and people say that i look weird with my lip piercings out!

Walmart is not a job to be too proud of. It's much harder to get good jobs if you have 2in holes in your ears and tattoos everywhere.

|

MOTW- 6/21/10- 6/27/10
Refs- Hyphy
Facebook