DR. are stupid

Related:
Create New Tag

6/27/2011 2:40 PM

i was picking up my little sister from school last Thursday on the way home i did a 180 on a bank that Ive done a million times b4 but this time their was some sand at the bottom i didn't see and that caused me 2 slide out. as i was falling i thought to land on my fore arms so as to not brake my wrists again i cut up my arms pretty badly and my mom made me go to the hospital cuz i had a bunch of sand and little rocks in the cuts. while i was there the doc made me take an x-ray for both arms and when i got back they put my left arm in a splint saying it was suspicious of a brake/fracture. so my fingers were getting numb Friday night and all of Saturday so i went back saturday and they took of the splint and told me their was no need for it in the first place. i missed going riding at my local skate park( the only one that allows bike all the time) cuz of a stupid suspicion.
THAT WAS SO F#$%&@G STUPID[/u]b]

|

6/27/2011 2:49 PM

Better safe than sorry in the long run.

|

Mostly peaceful posting on vital.

6/27/2011 3:00 PM

1.why the fuck would u fall on ur fore arms
2.if it fractured and u rode u would fuck up ur arms
3.there how to fall properly
4.here http://skateboard.about.com/od/gear/f/How_To_Fall.htm
5.same principle

|

6/27/2011 3:08 PM

thats why i never go to the doctor. cos most of the time its nothing to care about. only reason i went for this injury was because 4 days later i was still totally unable to touch or put weight on my knee and it turns out it was broken. 9/10 times though its not worth it

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

6/27/2011 3:10 PM

i fell over my bars oposite side of my brake so my only options were fall on my face/head or my arms/wrists. i figured that was an easy choice. when i fell my legs were caught up in the frame of my bike and i had no other choice but what ive listed.
i hoped by falling on my fore arms i would stay out of the hospitle but that didnt work smile

|

6/27/2011 3:11 PM

Verde. wrote:

thats why i never go to the doctor. cos most of the time its nothing to care about. only reason i went for this injury was because 4 days later i was still totally unable to touch or put weight on my knee and it turns out it was broken. 9/10 times though its not worth it

i had a weight lifting work out for football the next day and my mom just wanted to be safe

|

6/27/2011 3:18 PM

if you have a potentially broken arm you shouldnt be riding until you find out that its ok. if your arm was fractured and you fell on it again the same way youd be fucked

|

6/27/2011 3:21 PM

see it turned out their was nothing wrong at all. they thought it was fractured but couldnt tell when the casting tech guy came in he said if some thing was wrong my elbo would have been swollen but it wasn't so so that was a waist of my life

|

6/27/2011 3:25 PM

they just want your money

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

6/27/2011 3:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/27/2011 3:30 PM

i never go to the doctors for that stuff haha. i split my kneecap and considered it but naaah. only thing i'd go is if a couldn't function properly/broke something. something along those lines. usually half the stuff is uneeded.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/27/2011 3:26 PM

or in my case my parents $

|

6/27/2011 3:28 PM

as much as i love free health care it fuckin sucks

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

6/27/2011 3:43 PM

Verde. wrote:

as much as i love free health care it fuckin sucks

i kind of think paying for healthcare has it's perks. but free is probably the better idea. haha.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/27/2011 4:04 PM

Verde. wrote:

as much as i love free health care it fuckin sucks

Spenlard wrote:

i kind of think paying for healthcare has it's perks. but free is probably the better idea. haha.

it certainly does have perks. if u want an operation u wait a week. i wait 6 months

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

6/27/2011 4:38 PM

Verde. wrote:

as much as i love free health care it fuckin sucks

Spenlard wrote:

i kind of think paying for healthcare has it's perks. but free is probably the better idea. haha.

Verde. wrote:

it certainly does have perks. if u want an operation u wait a week. i wait 6 months

holy shit. i never knew that. that's what i was thinking like if you pay for it you know exactly whats happening and when. that's ridiculous. but it's also free. if you have insurance you don't pay as much but you still pay alot. like my friend got hit by a car and the ride to the hospital in the ambulance was 1,800$

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/27/2011 4:41 PM

Spenlard wrote:

i kind of think paying for healthcare has it's perks. but free is probably the better idea. haha.

Verde. wrote:

it certainly does have perks. if u want an operation u wait a week. i wait 6 months

Spenlard wrote:

holy shit. i never knew that. that's what i was thinking like if you pay for it you know exactly whats happening and when. that's ridiculous. but it's also free. if you have insurance you don't pay as much but you still pay alot. like my friend got hit by a car and the ride to the hospital in the ambulance was 1,800$

yeah u atleast get a good time line and shit. im looking to be off a bike for a year, something that should be fixed and healed in 3 months. fuckin joke. free healthcare is great IF its funded well and run efficiently, ours isnt

the ride to hospital alone! holy fuck. how much was the whole deal? treatment and so on

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

6/27/2011 5:45 PM

Verde. wrote:

it certainly does have perks. if u want an operation u wait a week. i wait 6 months

Spenlard wrote:

holy shit. i never knew that. that's what i was thinking like if you pay for it you know exactly whats happening and when. that's ridiculous. but it's also free. if you have insurance you don't pay as much but you still pay alot. like my friend got hit by a car and the ride to the hospital in the ambulance was 1,800$

Verde. wrote:

yeah u atleast get a good time line and shit. im looking to be off a bike for a year, something that should be fixed and healed in 3 months. fuckin joke. free healthcare is great IF its funded well and run efficiently, ours isnt

the ride to hospital alone! holy fuck. how much was the whole deal? treatment and so on

insurance covered tons of it but he paid like 500. broke fibula and tibia and shattered elbow. but the ambulance cost a ton.
then he paid another like 300 for nails and like 500 to get them out.

|

Refs: Future FBM, Warchol2 WtfKennethXp Riversiderider TCbmx Riversiderider JakeSalbert

6/27/2011 5:52 PM

Spenlard wrote:

insurance covered tons of it but he paid like 500. broke fibula and tibia and shattered elbow. but the ambulance cost a ton.
then he paid another like 300 for nails and like 500 to get them out.

daaayum. fuck that, im gunna look into private healthcare here i think. wer already super skint but i want fixed

also i think the uk and usa should combine system. like pay some of ur healthcare in taxes but IF u need to use the system then u pay a little so its semi private.

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

6/27/2011 6:41 PM

Verde. wrote:

thats why i never go to the doctor. cos most of the time its nothing to care about. only reason i went for this injury was because 4 days later i was still totally unable to touch or put weight on my knee and it turns out it was broken. 9/10 times though its not worth it

this, i havent gone to the donctors in 6 years, and thats cause my apendix blew up. heck i broke my foot and didnt go to the doctor, i stayed with my friends and slept in the back of a truck. lol

|

steazy

6/27/2011 7:02 PM

bloghogs wrote:

Better safe than sorry in the long run.

yes very true!

|