DUAL GYRO CABLE U-BRAKE SYSTEM?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2018 9:13 AM

Hey everyone. I'm new here and i have a question. I hope i make enough sense to get help from this. But i just got a Dave Mirraco BMX bike its black and white. New version i am guessing and it has a brake system set up that i havnt ever seen before. It has a gyro system (no front brakes) just rear but there is two cables that come off the bottom gyro and go straight to the back and connect to each side of the u-brake its a Tektro system. Single cable to the brake lever....my question is can i get gyro cables that long as singles??? Because i was out riding and ended up fraying one of the cable ends....any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

|

4/13/2018 9:16 AM

TaCha_Eaglehorse wrote:

Hey everyone. I'm new here and i have a question. I hope i make enough sense to get help from this. But i just got a Dave ...more

Yes. You can use Odyssey non-linear slick cables. They come with both a regular brake cable end and a ball end that can be used in the gyro.

|

4/13/2018 9:20 AM

Thanks alot mishinn_control. Greatly appreciated and will be orders a set for this bike.

|

4/13/2018 9:23 AM

dual cables are a pain in the ass to dial in lol

|

It’s all bmx

4/13/2018 9:45 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

I didn't think so. Just (sorta) finished up my setup last night & I can lock up the rear without much effort!

|

4/13/2018 9:46 AM

TaCha_Eaglehorse wrote:

Thanks alot mishinn_control. Greatly appreciated and will be orders a set for this bike.

No problem! & Welcome to the forum!

|

4/13/2018 11:04 AM

adamnmexican wrote:

I never had issues, but I like to have my bike dialed and will nitpick until it is how I want it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/13/2018 11:11 AM

TaCha_Eaglehorse wrote:

Hey everyone. I'm new here and i have a question. I hope i make enough sense to get help from this. But i just got a Dave ...more

Yeah, gyro cables go waaaaaay far out, honestly it goes too far out to fit any size frame with nothing to spare

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/13/2018 11:45 AM

I'm still on the fence with this style brake set up. But yeah im sure it would be tough to dial in. One thing for sure tho...the brakes squeek loud. Not good

|

4/13/2018 11:55 AM

See this is the set up my bike came with. It doesnt take much to lock up the back wheel at all haha. Photo

|