Daily-G Front Hub disappointment

Related:
Create New Tag

7/10/2013 1:10 PM

this isnt a huge issue but it is most disappointing, so as allot of you know i haven't been able to ride pegs for awhile now because of rear hub guard issues, so i recently got the anti gram guard so i could finally get my grind on, well before i ever grinded on my front hub it spun beautifully now after grinding on it for one day its lost so much spin its kinda ridiculous before it would spin for at least 5 mins now it barely spins for a minute and i find this extremely pathetic no hub should lose that much spin after doing less that 15 grinds using the front peg

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

7/10/2013 1:16 PM

Well people used to say a lot of shit about the Vandero 2 spinning like crap with both guards and cones and since I had it I rode it with both guards and not and it worked perfect and the hub is used...
Like I have no idea what would cause it to spin less.

I'm fairly happy with it.

|

"Are they punkin' me Tio, are they punkin' me?"

7/10/2013 1:24 PM

andyferly wrote:

Well people used to say a lot of shit about the Vandero 2 spinning like crap with both guards and cones and since I had it I rode it with both guards and not and it worked perfect and the hub is used...
Like I have no idea what would cause it to spin less.

I'm fairly happy with it.

thats funny cause i have that hub with two bsd guards and it spins so bad, but it did from the getgo but for this hub to lose spin from just a few grinds is pretty damn bad

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/10/2013 1:38 PM

I'm using this hub with two guards from a friend that has a brand for CNCd parts that he does, like guards for "popular" hubs and I was actually fairly impressed with the product, costed less than the Odyssey guards made for it.

It's most likely the guard rubbing against the bearings, try to take the wheel off and move the guards a little and see if it's better.
Also don't over tighten the bolts, like tight but not too tight.

|

7/10/2013 2:03 PM

just wondering, are you saying it spins so bad now when the bike is upside down and such or when you are actually riding it?

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/10/2013 2:19 PM

The Horror Contact wrote:

just wondering, are you saying it spins so bad now when the bike is upside down and such or when you are actually riding it?

if it doesn't spin upside down what do you think its doing when you are riding it ?

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/10/2013 2:20 PM

andyferly wrote:

I'm using this hub with two guards from a friend that has a brand for CNCd parts that he does, like guards for "popular" hubs and I was actually fairly impressed with the product, costed less than the Odyssey guards made for it.

It's most likely the guard rubbing against the bearings, try to take the wheel off and move the guards a little and see if it's better.
Also don't over tighten the bolts, like tight but not too tight.

does he make chromoly ones? maybe see if he could make me an anti gram guard that would be sweet tits

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/10/2013 2:37 PM

Back when I had the Vandero 2 and I'm getting another one next week, I overtightened the crap out of it cause I was scared grinding would make the bolts and peg come loose. It really did spin like shit, only about a minute tops. I then gave it to my friend who got one official Vandero 2 hubguard and it spins fine. He must've tightened it a bit less.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

7/10/2013 2:42 PM

OneEyeIlluminatiGuy wrote:

if it doesn't spin upside down what do you think its doing when you are riding it ?

Well there is less rotational force put on the wheel when not riding on it, your body weight makes a big difference, still bearings are supposed to spin freely.

|

7/10/2013 2:44 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Back when I had the Vandero 2 and I'm getting another one next week, I overtightened the crap out of it cause I was scared grinding would make the bolts and peg come loose. It really did spin like shit, only about a minute tops. I then gave it to my friend who got one official Vandero 2 hubguard and it spins fine. He must've tightened it a bit less.

My friend destroyed the thread in the axle overtighting it, he also destroyed an axle using bolts that were too short.
That's why you don't use pegless bolts... with pegs.
Vanderos seem to be fine like up to now I have found no difference compared to my old marmoset a part of the fact it's easier to find guards.

|

7/10/2013 3:03 PM

Marmosets are pretty much the BEST Front Hub on the market. You cannot get CRMO hub guards for it as far as i am aware. However the Simian Hub should be out shortly & i think G-Sport would be MAD not to release CRMO Guards for it because that's the big thing atm. Also if you look in my Pleg V2 thread Van Homan is getting a Signature CRMO peg so i would imagine there WILL be CRMO guards for the Simian Hubs.

Tree Hubs are also fucking bad ass & they will be dropping CRMO guards for it in a couple of months time..

I have heard a lot of good things about the Shadow Raptor Front Hub & Shadow have just Dropped CRMO Guards for that too.

Animal will be Dropping CRMO Guards for the Javelin in a few months time too.

Subrosa Hubs have CRMO guards also they are available right now.

|

7/10/2013 3:25 PM

You still didnt answer the question. Ive seen numerous kids get off because they think their wheels are so amazing because they can flip it over and the wheels spins forever, however, take a shitty walmart loose bearing wheel and watch it spin longer. Just because a wheel spins long doesnt mean its good. My marmoset wheel would spin for a few seconds when flipped over however when riding, it rolled forever and was extremely smooth. This has been with other hubs as well. Some bearings are designed to spin better with pressure put on them. If your wheel still rolls fine when riding, I see no issue with the hub. As stated above, Ive come across this with dozens of kids who think their wheel is shit because it doesnt spin forever when flipped and in actuality there is nothing wrong with the hub. While this may not apply to you, its why I asked.

|

REFS-

Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

7/10/2013 4:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/10/2013 4:08 PM

Topsey wrote:

Marmosets are pretty much the BEST Front Hub on the market. You cannot get CRMO hub guards for it as far as i am aware. However the Simian Hub should be out shortly & i think G-Sport would be MAD not to release CRMO Guards for it because that's the big thing atm. Also if you look in my Pleg V2 thread Van Homan is getting a Signature CRMO peg so i would imagine there WILL be CRMO guards for the Simian Hubs.

Tree Hubs are also fucking bad ass & they will be dropping CRMO guards for it in a couple of months time..

I have heard a lot of good things about the Shadow Raptor Front Hub & Shadow have just Dropped CRMO Guards for that too.

Animal will be Dropping CRMO Guards for the Javelin in a few months time too.

Subrosa Hubs have CRMO guards also they are available right now.

Sounds pretty much accurate.
The only reason I switched from a Marmoset to a Vandero was for the guards.
I know a lot of poeple with front Raptors, solid hubs, so are Javelins.

Haven't got the chance to first hand experience Subrosa or Trees yet.

|

7/10/2013 4:09 PM

You still didnt answer the question. Ive seen numerous kids get off because they think their wheels are so amazing because they can flip it over and the wheels spins forever, however, take a shitty walmart loose bearing wheel and watch it spin longer. Just because a wheel spins long doesnt mean its good. My marmoset wheel would spin for a few seconds when flipped over however when riding, it rolled forever and was extremely smooth. This has been with other hubs as well. Some bearings are designed to spin better with pressure put on them. If your wheel still rolls fine when riding, I see no issue with the hub. As stated above, Ive come across this with dozens of kids who think their wheel is shit because it doesnt spin forever when flipped and in actuality there is nothing wrong with the hub. While this may not apply to you, its why I asked.

WHEN THE WHEEL STOPS SPINNING WHILE I AM MANUALING ITS ANNOYING

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/10/2013 4:15 PM

I would be annoyed if my wheel stopped spinning in 1 second, too.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

7/10/2013 5:27 PM

You should get off of vital and go ride your bike more instead of shitting on company's and products constantly.

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

7/10/2013 5:27 PM

Bearings sometimes need breaking in. Ever get a headset that creaked the first time you rode it? Same thing applys

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

7/10/2013 5:33 PM

shut up... all you do is bitch. OneEyeHugeRetardGuy

|

7/10/2013 5:55 PM

Thats it?? Everything else is fine, theres no difference in the way it functions and your annoyed it doesnt spin for minutes when not actually being rode?? Just as I figured. You should listen to GUMP and "get off of vital and go ride your bike more instead of shitting on company's and products constantly".

Im sure when you were riding your bike before noticing whats not an issue , there were no problems...Did you go home, spin your wheel, say its broke and not ride it since??

I really dont understand people with this lets flip our bikes over and see who can have the longest spinning wheel....and which most think they have the best up because it spins longer..

|

REFS-

7/10/2013 6:42 PM

Thats it?? Everything else is fine, theres no difference in the way it functions and your annoyed it doesnt spin for minutes when not actually being rode?? Just as I figured. You should listen to GUMP and "get off of vital and go ride your bike more instead of shitting on company's and products constantly".

Im sure when you were riding your bike before noticing whats not an issue , there were no problems...Did you go home, spin your wheel, say its broke and not ride it since??

I really dont understand people with this lets flip our bikes over and see who can have the longest spinning wheel....and which most think they have the best up because it spins longer..

its the simple fact that grinding on it once cause its spin to change, i can only imagine how bad this will get when i actually get to ride and grind on it all day, no hub should lose spine after one night of shredding that is ridiculous

and its rained here every fucking day for idk how long now but i am going nuts because of it

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/10/2013 6:58 PM

Should have bought a marmoset.

|

7/10/2013 7:01 PM

mrjimyjohn wrote:

Should have bought a marmoset.

ive already had 3 of them, no chromo guards, can't really say much about them because all g-sport hubs spin sluggish, and George french is a bitch

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life

7/10/2013 7:15 PM

its the simple fact that grinding on it once cause its spin to change, i can only imagine how bad this will get when i actually get to ride and grind on it all day, no hub should lose spine after one night of shredding that is ridiculous

and its rained here every fucking day for idk how long now but i am going nuts because of it

I've had my DG Front Hub for a while and I've been doing grinds on it, no issues so far.
Granted, I may not ride as hard as you.

Take the wheel off and try to see whats up.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)

7/10/2013 7:15 PM

Learn how to grind properly.

How long a bearing spins freely is no indication of how it will spin under load. The 6902s in the DG hub and many others will never spin as smooth under load as the 6904s in Gsport hubs. Fact.

|

7/10/2013 7:26 PM

My profile front does that, but I just ride it.

|

Check my Youtube Channel and Subscribe if you like.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC62awwE63LVhyBqOgIyY3ZA
Follow me on Instagram @ scott_effting & toododgy