Daily grind guard with ratchet?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/4/2014 6:06 PM

I'm pretty sure people can use the daily grind nds guard with the ratchet (didn't hardbmxtim before he dented it really bad?) my problem is i have to use a spacer before i put the guard on or else it will touch the spokes but when i do it makes a squeling sound and makes it really hard to pedal. What do i do?

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/4/2014 6:16 PM

This is the sound it makes http://instagram.com/p/o1_VWeOIot/

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/4/2014 6:24 PM

If you can you can grind the guard back a bit so it doesnt reach the spokes.
The reason why it makes the swuealing noise though is because you are causing the press fit collars to be pressed in alot more than they should.
Try and grind it back just enough that it wont hit your spokes and also if you can grab the ratchet guard.
Actually the best guard i have owned. Also if you really want a Cro-mo guard for it. try and find out who made the one for van homan and see if you can work something out. Its a press fit guard as well and supposed to be very good.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

6/4/2014 6:30 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2014 6:31 PM

I ran the Daily Grind LT on my ratchet. It required the thick spacer that came with the guard aswell as 2 other washers from the hardware store to keep it off my spokes.

Also, the guard itself is a hunk of junk. I rode it like, 10 times tops and it dented in on my spokes. I would recommend replacing it.

My Daily Grind Infinity fits on my Ratchet with absolutely no spacers and it also holds up MUCH better. Hasnt deformed the slightest bit!

And grinding the guard isnt really an option since its barely wider than the hub flange itself!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/4/2014 6:33 PM

I don't see how grinding the guard back would help. The noise is coming from the spacer rubbing against the collar when the wheel spins.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/4/2014 6:36 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I ran the Daily Grind LT on my ratchet. It required the thick spacer that came with the guard aswell as 2 other washers from the hardware store to keep it off my spokes.

Also, the guard itself is a hunk of junk. I rode it like, 10 times tops and it dented in on my spokes. I would recommend replacing it.

My Daily Grind Infinity fits on my Ratchet with absolutely no spacers and it also holds up MUCH better. Hasnt deformed the slightest bit!

And grinding the guard isnt really an option since its barely wider than the hub flange itself!

The guard has held up very well for everything i've needed it to. I would get a new one but i only have $15 and i really need to start putting money in the bank! How did you get the guard to work with spacers? They spin and grind in mine...

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

6/4/2014 6:41 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

The guard has held up very well for everything i've needed it to. I would get a new one but i only have $15 and i really need to start putting money in the bank! How did you get the guard to work with spacers? They spin and grind in mine...

Make sure none of them are deformed. This could cause the hardware to be getting pushed into the bearing. The spacer should fit perfectly even against the axle and hardware. Make sure they are 14mm washers aswell! Not even slightly larger!

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

6/4/2014 6:50 PM

Ahhhh i just looked at it.
I thought it would be like a tall guard not just a dinner plate style one and was thinking you could grind it back so you dont have to use the washer.

|

The first breath is the beginning of death